Barclays Mobile Banking
By Barclays Bank Plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Barclays Mobile Banking app
*This app doesn’t work on jailbroken devices*
HOW TO REGISTER
If you’re 16 or over and you have a UK-registered mobile number and a Barclays current account, follow the onscreen instructions. You’ll need your sort code and account number and you’ll need to verify your identity with PINsentry or at a Barclays cash machine.
If you’ve got an activation code, follow the onscreen steps to register (you won’t need PINsentry for this).
After you’re set up, you’ll only need your 5-digit passcode to log in.
If you only have a Barclaycard account you can’t register for this app but you can register for the MyBarclaycard app.
• Manage your personal, business and corporate accounts, including your Barclaycard accounts, and view your Barclays mortgage account
• See recent transactions and check your balances
• Make payments to new and existing payees, transfer money between accounts or transfer a balance to your Barclaycard
• Delete Direct Debits
• Set up, edit and delete standing orders using your app
• Join Barclays Blue Rewards and earn rewards just for banking with us
• Store your documents securely with Barclays Cloud It
• Find your nearest branch or cash machine
• Use Mobile PINsentry. It’ll take up to 10 days for this feature to be activated in the app while we complete some security checks,
• Call us straight from the app to speak to an adviser
• Our iPhone app has been accredited by AbilityNet – the charity that assesses digital services for accessibility
Terms and conditions apply. You must be aged 16 or over to use the Barclays Mobile Banking app.
FOR BUSINESS ACCOUNTS
You can only use the app if you’re a sole-signatory Barclays Business current account holder. You can’t register your Barclaycard business or corporate credit cards.
Copyright © Barclays 2014. All rights reserved. Barclays Mobile Banking is a trademark of Barclays Bank PLC.
This app is provided by Barclays Bank PLC although you may have contracted for banking services with another legal entity within the Barclays Group. Please refer to your bank documentation (terms and conditions, statements, etc) to confirm the legal entity that provides banking services to you.
Barclays Bank PLC is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register no.122702). Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England. Registered no.1026167.
What's New in Version 2.16
App improvements and fixes
Account and available balance
The Barclays mobile app is without doubt the most secure and safe banking app on the market and that is of the upmost importance when there is so much fraud occurring. The features seem endless, so much can be done from the app and this just increases with every update.
I would like to see two improvements, firstly with account/available balance because if I don't check my balance before making a purchase, when I do go on the app then I don't know if the available balance includes the prior purchase and it is at least the following day when I know exactly what is in. It would be really beneficial to have account balance and available balance and with one glance you can see if a purchase has already been accounted.
Secondly touch log in is definitely needed then it's even more secure as literally no one can log in without my fingerprint. Pin codes are far too easy to see over someone's shoulder.
This mobile banking app does just what it's meant too. Really easy to change standing orders and also pay various people. I like the idea of checking my bank balance every day.
The security is really good and very secure. So much so that it gives me confidence using it.
If I had to moan about something it would be when I access my standing orders I can't see all of them. So maybe a bit more work to be done still on this side of things. Along with have a further back date when looking on a previous bank statement. Apart from these couple of blips. I think it's a Brilliant App. I set up a loan account it honestly took less than 5 minutes. Bonus.
Great app and suggestion
The Barclays app is perhaps the most secured app. It will be greatly appreciated if the following can be improved upon/added:
1. The ability to add new payees without the PINsentry.
2. The ability for one to go back to ur account whenever there's a disruption as per incoming calls, reply to messages etc rather than having to log in to the app again.
3. If I have one account I should be able to pay a payee directly rather than having the option "select account". I think this latter option will be appropriate where one has more than one account.
Overall a great app . Cheers
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 14 July 2016
- Version: 2.16
- Size: 126 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Barclays Bank PLC
- © 2012 Barclays Bank PLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.