Barclays Mobile Banking app
HOW TO REGISTER
If you’re 16 or over and you have a UK-registered mobile number and a Barclays current account, follow the onscreen instructions. You’ll need your sort code and account number and you’ll need to verify your identity with PINsentry or at a Barclays cash machine.
If you’ve got an activation code, follow the onscreen steps to register (you won’t need PINsentry for this).
After you’re set up, you’ll only need your 5-digit passcode to log in.
• Manage your personal, business and corporate accounts, including your Barclaycard accounts, and view your Barclays mortgage account
• See recent transactions and check your balances
• Make payments to new and existing payees, transfer money between accounts or transfer a balance to your Barclaycard
• Delete Direct Debits
• Set up, edit and delete standing orders using your app
• Join Barclays Blue Rewards and earn rewards just for banking with us
• Store your documents securely with Barclays Cloud It
• Find your nearest branch or cash machine
• Use Mobile PINsentry. It’ll take up to 4 days for this feature to be activated in the app while we complete some security checks
• Call us straight from the app to speak to an adviser
• No need to log in to lots of apps - view your current accounts held with other banks, safely and securely, in your app
• Our iPhone app has been accredited by AbilityNet – the charity that assesses digital services for accessibility
Terms and conditions apply. You must be aged 16 or over to use the Barclays Mobile Banking app.
FOR BUSINESS ACCOUNTS
You can only use the app if you’re a sole-signatory Barclays Business current account holder. You can’t register your Barclaycard business or corporate credit cards.
This app is provided by either Barclays Bank UK PLC or Barclays Bank PLC depending on the entity you may have contracted with for banking services. Please refer to your bank documents (terms and conditions, statements, etc) to confirm the legal entity that provides banking services to you.
Copyright © Barclays 2018. Barclays is a registered trade mark of Barclays plc, used under licence.
Barclays Bank UK PLC. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 759676).
Registered in England. Registered No. 9740322 Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
Barclays Bank PLC. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 122702).
Registered in England. Registered no. 1026167 Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
- Add your current accounts held with other banks and providers securely into your app.
- View retailer logos and clearly identify where you are spending your money.
- See where you’ve spent your money displayed on a map – you can now track your store debit card purchases by location.
Ratings and Reviews
Upgraded to latest iPad app a few days ago version 2.26. This version is just as slow as the recent ones. It still gives me a login screen where I can't enter anything then refreshes when I can login. The thing that annoyed me most was that there was no logout button available unless you go to the MORE button at the bottom of the screen. I have tried several times to use the contact by email button at the top of the first screen but this bombs out and goes to the screen asking for my login details after I have written a few lines.
I have also tried the online chat button several times recently and always end up being directed to the 0333 banking number after about 20 minutes, because they decide they can't help me. I tried calling by phone today and spoke to someone for 10 minutes only to be told he would pass me on to someone else. On hold again but only to be cut off after 5 more minutes. So as far as I can see Barclays have become uncontactable so after more than 50 years with Barclays I am afraid it is time to go elsewhere. Sad day for Barclays customers.
Pretty, pretty, pretty good
Functional for the most part, good user experience, gets the job done and useful if you have all multiple accounts or barcleycard as you can see everything in the same place. Bypassing security checks by calling from within the app is also a really quality feature. Where it falls down is the offers. They are too frequent, and when you do actually require one, for a balance transfer, money transfer, loan or overdraft, you always get an error message. It’s happened so frequently that I’m not sure the functionality behind the ads actually exists! Also if you have a business barclaycard you cannot add it to the app like you can a regular one. After being passed through four separate teams I was told I would have to uninstall the app, reapply, add each card again and lose core functionality for 10 days and then it MIGHT fix the problem. Pretty poor. Never heard of having to completely uninstall an app and reapply just to update. So great in some ways, not so great in others. May be better for users signing up with the newer build.
Very good, though Logout still a pain.
This App continues to improve in functionality, but doesn’t seem to pay as much attention to the detail of the user interface.
The biggest bugbear is still the Logout, which now can only be accessed by going to the ‘more’ menu. Although you’re in theory logged out when you quit the App, Barclays stress the importance of logging out properly, so why isn’t this feature on the main page?
Other niggles include data entry. For example: If you want to transfer funds between accounts, you select the two accounts, and then the field for the amount. At this point the keypad pops up (on an iPhone), and obscures the amount you’re typing in unless you scroll the window above. This should be an easy thing to avoid at the programming stage, but just smack of a rush to get new features out without thorough testing.
If Barclays can crack the fine detail, they’ll turn a very good App into a superb one. It certainly makes my banking very much easier!
- Barclays Services Limited
- 293.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © Barclays 2018
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.