By Barclays Bank Plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pay it, send it, gift it, sort it
Pingit is free for personal use, and it’s a secure and fantastically fast way to send and receive money. You just need to be over 16, have a current account and a mobile phone that’s registered in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man.
• Pay people and businesses using just a UK mobile number
• Send money to over 35 countries, including most of Europe (euros), Australia (AUD), India (INR) and selected African countries – and it’s fee-free*
• Send up to £2,000 and receive up to £5,000 daily. If you’re a business customer, send up to £3,000 with no limit on receiving (Business customers: check your current account tariff for charges. If tariff charges apply, you’ll be charged for outgoing transactions)
• Pay for things online and in-apps, wherever you see the Pay by Bank app logo – no need for any card details
• Send and receive mobile payments to and from Paym users
• Log in to Pingit with Touch ID**
• Make payments in iMessage**
• Pay for Lucky Dip National Lottery tickets (UK & IoM only)
• Donate to charities
* International payments use the exchange rate available on the day of the conversion
** Compatible devices only
Talk to @pingit on Twitter
Got a question, comment or Pingit story? We’d love to hear from you.
The small print
• People who send you money can see your full name (personal) or business name (businesses)
• If you don’t have a Barclays account, we’ll give you a Pingit account to use with the app
• If you don’t have a Barclays business account, you can register to receive payments online
• We can refuse to register you for Pingit, or limit the way you use it
Find out more, including terms and conditions, at pingit.com.
This app is provided by Barclays Bank PLC, although you may have contracted for banking services with another legal entity within the Barclays Group. Please refer to your bank documents (terms and conditions, statements and so on) to confirm the legal entity that provides banking services to you.
Copyright © Barclays 2012–2017. All rights reserved. Barclays Pingit and Pingit are trademarks of Barclays Bank PLC.
Barclays Bank PLC. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 122702).
Registered in England. Registered Number: 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
What's New in Version 3.19
Pingit users with compatible devices can now make payments in iMessage. Hurrah!
Payments to India are now way easier: you can send money to anyone in India using just their bank details – they don’t have to register, and you don’t need their phone number.
Don’t forget – international payments are still fee free.
Got a question, comment or Pingit story? Talk to @pingit on Twitter.
As more features become available, we’ll let you know about them within the app. Don’t forget you can update all your apps automatically by going to ‘Settings’ then ‘iTunes & App Store’. From there, turn on ‘Apps’ from the ‘Automatic Downloads’ section.
Such a simple and most helpful app ever! Even better that you don't actually have to have a barclays account to use ping it! Only suggestion would be if you could merge ping it and barclays mobile banking app together to save space!
Quick easy payment service
Only requires a number and a bank account to send money anywhere including abroad
Simple, easy to use.
Currently overseas, running my business from my iPhone. Pingit has kept things ticking over. Great app.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 21 June 2017
- Version: 3.19
- Size: 169 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Barclays Bank PLC
- © 2012 Barclays Bank PLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.