By Barclays Bank Plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pingit is the easy, fast and secure way to send and receive money for free*. All you need is a current account and mobile phone registered in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man.
- Send payments to anyone with a UK mobile number
- Personalise payments with a photo and a message
- Make international payments (now including Europe)
- Pay for a Lotto, Thunderball or Euromillions lucky dip lottery ticket (UK & IOM only)
-Make and receive payments from within BBM chat
- Buy gift cards for friends, family or even yourself (UK Only)
- Make donations to charities and payments to businesses
- Use QR codes and in-app directories for faster payment options
- Register to use Paym: the UK’s mobile payment service
Other things you need to know
- You need to be aged 16 or over
- You have a current account and mobile phone number registered in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man
- Personal customers can send up to £1,500 daily (Business customers up to £3,000)
- Personal customers can receive up to £5,000 daily (Business customers unlimited)
- Non-Barclays personal customers will get a Pingit account to use with the app
- Non-Barclays business account holders can register to receive payments online
- Your full name (personal) or business name (business) will be visible to the sender
- We can refuse to register you for Pingit or place limits on how you use it
Further information including terms and conditions can be found by visiting www.pingit.com
*Business customers will be charged for outward transactions in accordance with their business account terms and conditions.
**An exchange rate on the day of the conversion will apply. India and selected African countries only – more coming soon.
This app is provided by Barclays Bank PLC although you may have contracted for banking services with another legal entity within the Barclays Group. Please refer to your bank documentation (terms and conditions, statements, etc.) to confirm the legal entity that provides banking services to you.
Copyright © Barclays 2012-2015. All rights reserved. Barclays Pingit and Pingit are trademarks of Barclays Bank PLC.
Barclays Bank PLC. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 122702).
Registered in England. Registered Number: 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
What's New in Version 3.5.1
You can now send euros to 33 new countries in Europe on Pingit. You’ll only need to provide us with 2 things – your payee’s mobile number and their IBAN. It’s that easy.
And, for a limited time, we won’t charge you any fees for making international payments on Pingit.
Pingit’s had a facelift, and now has a whole new look and feel. We’ve made it easier to find the things you want from the homepage and we’ve simplified the registration process. Plus, to help make sure everyone understands knows that you don’t have to be a Barclays customer to use Pingit, we’ve changed the name from Barclays Pingit to just Pingit.
As other new features become available, we’ll highlight those for you them in the app. And remember, you can update the app automatically (without checking back here) by going to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads, and turning on Updates.
I was a little hesitant to send money to a mobile at first but once set up with all security confirmations done I was happy that the payment won't go astray.
It's simple and easy to use, no problems at all.
Sending and receiving money is now quick and done in under a minute with no fiddling about a website and asking for bank details. Just add your recipient's phone number from your phone's address book and it's done.
This app it's really useful and practical👍🏼
I really like the app, but the only thing that I'm concerned about, is the future charging fees, I hope and pray that we can send money at a huge interest rate🙂 but like I said for now 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
One of the best Apps out there
Brilliant app. Use it at least twice a week and has saved my kids bacon more than once whilst being stranded somewhere etc.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 03 May 2016
- Version: 3.5.1
- Size: 87.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Barclays Bank PLC
- © 2012 Barclays Bank PLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.