By Barclays Bank Plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Barclays Pingit. The easy way to send and receive money using just a mobile number.
You can use the app whether you bank with Barclays or not. You need a UK-registered current account, UK mobile number and must be aged 16 or over.
The app is free to download and use*and payments are secure.
- To register, you’ll need your sort code & account number. We’ll verify your identity at a Barclays cash machine or using PINsentry. If you’re already registered for Barclays Mobile Banking, you just need to confirm your existing details within the app
- View all your account transactions if you’re a Barclays customer – not just Barclays Pingit transactions
- Non-Barclays customers can see all their Barclays Pingit Account payments and top-ups
You can send up to £1,500 a day to family and friends. Different limits apply when paying businesses. Business customers can send up to £3,000 a day. All limits are subject to available funds
You can add a picture or message when you send money
- Make international payments to Botswana, Ghana, Kenya and Zambia free of charge (exchange rates apply)**
- Scan QR Codes for an even faster way to pay businesses that accept Barclays Pingit payments
- Receive up to £5,000 a day from other users. Business customers can receive any amount but we may set limits
- Anyone with a UK current account can register to receive payments, so you don’t have to share your bank details when requesting payment
*Business customers on certain tariffs will be charged for transactions
** Payments must be made in sterling. Visit our international payments page (http://www.barclays.co.uk/pingit-international) for full details
Terms & conditions apply (http://www.barclays.co.uk/pingit/terms). We can refuse to register you for Barclays Pingit, place limits on how you use it or ask you to complete registration in branch. If you have a business current account and you don't bank with Barclays, you can register online (https://www.glb.secure.barclays.com/registration/pingitregnhome.action) to receive payments.
Other things you need to know
- You can register additional phone numbers to the same linked current account. Joint account customers can register and each will have their own send and receive limit
- When sending money, ensure the recipient's mobile number is correct. We won’t be liable to you if the money is sent to the wrong person as a result, but we'll try to recover the money
- When receiving money through Barclays Pingit, your full name will be visible to the sender. For Barclays Business customers, the business name will be visible
- Payments are in sterling only
- We will tell you if different limits apply to you and any steps you need to take to get full use of the service
Copyright © Barclays 2013. All rights reserved. Barclays Pingit is a trademark of Barclays Bank PLC.
Barclays Bank PLC. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 122702).
Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
What's New in Version 1.16
• We now collect information about the use of the app so we can improve our service to you. You can change this setting at any time in ‘Settings’ in the side menu. For more information, open Terms and Conditions in the side menu.
• An improved pay screen makes Barclays Pingit more usable
• You can now donate to selected charities directly from the Pay screen
I love this app! Saves me trawling to the bank to get money from my account to put in to my husbands! So easy to use and simple! Fantastic
This is so helpful and useful especially when travelling and needing some money transferred!!!
It takes a bit of getting used to but one you know where everything is its brilliant, handy to use and quick.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 03 April 2014
- Version: 1.16
- Size: 41.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Barclays Bank PLC
- © 2012 Barclays Bank PLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.