By Barclays Bank Plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Barclays Pingit. The easy way to send and receive money using just a mobile number.
**Please note, this app does not work on jailbroken handsets**
You can use the app whether you bank with Barclays or not. You need a UK-registered current account, UK mobile number and must be aged 16 or over.
The app is free to download and use*, payments are secure and it takes seconds for the money to arrive.
- To register, you’ll need your sort code and account number. We’ll verify your identity using PINsentry or at a Barclays ATM. If you’re already registered for Barclays Mobile Banking, you just need to confirm your existing details within the app
- View all your account transactions if you’re a Barclays customer – not just Barclays Pingit transactions.
- Non-Barclays customers can see all their Wallet payments and top-ups.
You can send up to £1,500 a day to family and friends. Different limits apply when paying businesses. Business customers can send up to £3,000 a day. All limits are subject to available funds
- You can add a picture or message when you send money
- Make International payments to Botswana, Ghana, Kenya and Zambia **
- Scan QR Codes for an even faster way to pay businesses that accept Barclays Pingit payments
- Receive up to £5,000 a day from other users. Business customers can receive any amount but we may set limits.
- Anyone with a UK current account can register to receive payments, so you don’t have to share your bank details when requesting payment.
*Business customers on certain tariffs will be charged for transactions
**Exchange rates apply. Payments must be made in sterling. Visit our International payments page (http://www.barclays.co.uk/pingit-international) for full details
Terms & conditions apply (http://www.barclays.co.uk/pingit/terms). We can refuse to register you for Barclays Pingit, place limits on how you use it or ask you to complete registration in branch. If you have a business current account and you don't bank with Barclays, you can register online (https://wra.secure.barclays.com/registration/pingitregnhome.action) to receive payments.
Copyright © Barclays 2013. All rights reserved. Barclays Mobile Banking is a trademark of Barclays Bank PLC.
Barclays Bank PLC is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register no. 122702). Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England. Registered no. 1026167.
What's New in Version 1.15
•An improved pay screen makes Barclays Pingit more usable.
Well despite some if the very negative comments surrounding this App, I have to say, it's great, perhaps the old saying a poor workman blames his tools ? I use the very latest iPhone and the latest updates both to the App and iOS, but saying that, I am also a Barclays customer. That may help...Anyway safe to say, it works a treat for me and has never crashed, nor has the Barclays mobile banking app which is just fabulous. I moved from FD (HSBC) a few months back and Barclays nailed it. Thoroughly recommended.
Waste of time
Do t download if you are a non-Barclays customer. Worst app ever. Deleted it a long time ago but my friend just transferred monies. Had to reinstall, got an error message. Called Barclays, they deleted my registration to enable me to sign up again. What they didn't tell me is that two Barclay "wallets" would be created. Because the details are different (this could be anything even your security question) I can't withdraw any money. I was told to go the bank. Completely wasted my time. Useless customer service. They tried to blame me! Why not warn me before? Horrendous app!
Ping it and mobile banking
Absolutely brilliant, and so time saving! I can gain easy and most important secure access to my accounts from whichever of my devices I have to hand!
So good, I bought an iPad mini and had to search high and low for my pin sentry, as have not needed it!
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 24 February 2014
- Version: 1.15
- Size: 42.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Barclays Bank PLC
- © 2012 Barclays Bank PLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.