By Barclays Bank Plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Barclays Pingit: the easy, fast and secure way to send and receive money for free* using a mobile number whether you bank with Barclays or not.
- Send payments to anyone with a UK mobile number
- Personalise payments with a photo and a message
- Make international payments** to India and selected African countries
- Send gift cards to friends and family
- Make donations to charities and payments to businesses
- Scan QR codes or use the in-app directories for faster payment options
- Register to use Paym: the UK’s mobile payment service
Other things you need to know:
- You need a UK-registered current account, a UK mobile phone number and to be aged 16 or over
- Personal customers can send up to £1,500 daily (Business customers up to £3,000)
- Personal customers can receive up to £5,000 daily (Business customers unlimited)
- Non-Barclays personal customers will get a Barclays Pingit account to use with the app
- Non-Barclays business account holders can register to receive payments online
- Your full name (personal) or business name (business) will be visible to the sender
- We can refuse to register you for Barclays Pingit or place limits on how you use it
Further information including terms and conditions can be found by visiting www.barclays.co.uk/pingit.
*Business customers will be charged for outward transactions in accordance with their business account terms and conditions.
**An exchange rate on the day of the conversion will apply.
Copyright © Barclays 2014. All rights reserved. Barclays Pingit is a trademark of Barclays Bank PLC.
Barclays Bank PLC. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 122702).
Registered in England. Registered Number: 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
What's New in Version 2.5
Link your Twitter ID
Pay someone using their Twitter ID, and receive money via your Twitter ID by linking it to your app. You can do this by going to ‘Settings’ and selecting ‘Manage linked IDs’.
Useful but only if over 16
I have this app alongside my mobile banking app and they are both great and so useful to quickly check your balance whilst out and about. However, we recently tried to download this for my 14 year old sister who has a debit card with Barclays and after putting in all the details we were told that you have to be 16 or over in order to use the app and it's services which seems really strange to me. If she's old enough to have a card then she should be old enough to have the app to check her account and to receive and give out payments that she gets from doing her chores (how she makes her money). It just doesn't make a lot of sense. It means she either has to log online or go to an ATM to check her balance which is a little inconvenient and is what I thought the purpose of these apps were for and I hope that in future the app is accessible to younger people with bank accounts.
I've been using this app for a while and have never had any issues. When I purchased a new phone, it was simple to unlink the old, and relink my new phone. I switched to Barclays from HSBC as can now view accounts easily and all in one place, and have not looked back. Barclays led the way with the first ATM and they're now leading the way for apps!
Non-customers are required to have a meeting with a Barclays "adviser"
What they don't tell you is that if you are not currently a Barclays customer, you have to go to a Barclays branch in order to get "verified". In my case, this involved two 30-minute visits to the local Barclays, where the staff were insulting and incompetent beyond belief.
2 stars for a potentially useful app, but be aware that the process will take you more than just a few minutes to set up because you will have to provide information to a Barclays branch "adviser".
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 05 March 2015
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 56.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Barclays Bank PLC
- © 2012 Barclays Bank PLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.