By Barclays Bank Plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pingit is the easy, fast and secure way to send and receive money for free*. All you need is a UK registered mobile phone number and a UK bank account – you don’t even need to bank with Barclays.
- Send payments to anyone with a UK mobile number
- Personalise payments with a photo and a message
- Make international payments**
- Pay for a Lotto, Thunderball or Euromillions lucky dip lottery ticket
- Buy gift cards for friends, family or even yourself
- Make donations to charities and payments to businesses
- Use QR codes and in-app directories for faster payment options
- Register to use Paym: the UK’s mobile payment service
Other things you need to know:
- You need a UK-registered current account, a UK mobile phone number and to be aged 16 or over
- Personal customers can send up to £1,500 daily (Business customers up to £3,000)
- Personal customers can receive up to £5,000 daily (Business customers unlimited)
- Non-Barclays personal customers will get a Pingit account to use with the app
- Non-Barclays business account holders can register to receive payments online
- Your full name (personal) or business name (business) will be visible to the sender
- We can refuse to register you for Pingit or place limits on how you use it
Further information including terms and conditions can be found by visiting www.barclays.co.uk/pingit
*Business customers will be charged for outward transactions in accordance with their business account terms and conditions.
**An exchange rate on the day of the conversion will apply. India and selected African countries only – more coming soon.
This app is provided by Barclays Bank PLC although you may have contracted for banking services with another legal entity within the Barclays Group. Please refer to your bank documentation (terms and conditions, statements, etc.) to confirm the legal entity that provides banking services to you.
Copyright © Barclays 2012-2015. All rights reserved. Barclays Pingit and Pingit are trademarks of Barclays Bank PLC.
Barclays Bank PLC. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 122702).
Registered in England. Registered Number: 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
What's New in Version 3.1
Pingit’s had a facelift, and now has a whole new look and feel. We’ve made it easier to find the things you want from the homepage and we’ve simplified the registration process. Plus, to help make sure everyone understands that you don’t have to be a Barclays customer to use Pingit, we’ve changed the name from Barclays Pingit to just Pingit.
In this version, we've reintroduced the ability to view your full transaction history from the Activity tab.
As other new features become available, we’ll highlight those for you in the app. And remember, you can update the app automatically (without checking back here) by going to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads, and turning on Updates.
Start again and lose all details if you change your phone
The app itself is good, but if you change your phone you have to reload the app and start all over again, you lose all history and payees you had saved.
The fun doesn't stop there, try and get help from the off shore help desk, rubbish call quality, get cut off 3 times after you've been through the whole thing which takes 10+ minutes after being on hold for 10 minutes each time, and on the 4th time you might get lucky, and if you don't have a pin sentry, you have to go to an ATM to finish the process. Say goodbye to a whole evening.
Quick and efficient
Great way to pay someone especially if their mobile number are connected through the bank.
Easy to use although I only use it for family members at the moment. A very quick and useful way of making a payment.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 05 November 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 85.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Barclays Bank PLC
- © 2012 Barclays Bank PLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.