By Barclays Bank Plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Barclays Pingit: the easy, fast and secure way to send and receive money for free* using a mobile number whether you bank with Barclays or not.
- Send payments to anyone with a UK mobile number
- Personalise payments with a photo and a message
- Make international payments** to India and selected African countries
- Send gift cards to friends and family
- Make donations to charities and payments to businesses
- Scan QR codes or use the in-app directories for faster payment options
- Register to use Paym: the UK’s mobile payment service
Other things you need to know:
- You need a UK-registered current account, a UK mobile phone number and to be aged 16 or over
- Personal customers can send up to £1,500 daily (Business customers up to £3,000)
- Personal customers can receive up to £5,000 daily (Business customers unlimited)
- Non-Barclays personal customers will get a Barclays Pingit account to use with the app
- Non-Barclays business account holders can register to receive payments online
- Your full name (personal) or business name (business) will be visible to the sender
- We can refuse to register you for Barclays Pingit or place limits on how you use it
Further information including terms and conditions can be found by visiting www.barclays.co.uk/pingit.
*Business customers will be charged for outward transactions in accordance with their business account terms and conditions.
**An exchange rate on the day of the conversion will apply.
This app is provided by Barclays Bank PLC although you may have contracted for banking services with another legal entity within the Barclays Group. Please refer to your bank documentation (terms and conditions, statements, etc.) to confirm the legal entity that provides banking services to you.
Copyright © Barclays 2014. All rights reserved. Barclays Pingit is a trademark of Barclays Bank PLC.
Barclays Bank PLC. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 122702).
Registered in England. Registered Number: 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
What's New in Version 2.8
Thanks for using Barclays Pingit! We bring you regular updates which include improvements for security, speed and reliability. As other new features become available, we’ll highlight those for you in the app.
You can update the app automatically (without checking back here) by going to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads and turning on Updates.
Always been very please with the ease of use of the app until upgrading my phone then it all went down hill including the customer service. All my other apps transferred straight across from my old phone Barr this. It wouldn't let me update the all as it said I was registered on another device of which I no longer owned and had been restored to factory settings. Between phone calls to the help desk and been sent into branch this issue was finally resolved. This issue I had was someone had pinged money to me while the app was apparently inactive I could see the transaction but the money did not show in my account to withdraw. All I kept getting told was I need to ask the person to resend the money as it should have been credited back in their account. They checked both their pingit and Barclays current account and the money had been transferred back. Again I was just told I needed to ask the person to resend it. As they had sent it and didn't have it back it wasn't fair that they would be out of pocket so it is in fact me who is out of pocket and on maternity leave so every penny counts with a particular bad experience of customer service. I will not be using the service again and will not recommend it to friends. I don't know anybody who can afford to be out of pocket. I wouldn't have had this issue had we just done an Internet banking transfer.
The app benefits from its good design, it is easier to make mobile payments from Pingit than from my other bank's paym capable app. There are a few improvements could be made:
1. The removal of the childish sound effects, these are unnecessary. I realise they can be turned off, but they are pointless.
2. The quick links menu is useful, however it includes a load of items including links to other Barclays apps that I and others will never use. As such the font used for the names on this menu is kept intentionally small to fit in the long names which makes readability difficult. I think an improvement would be to allow this menu to be customised, and also please make the font larger and easier to read.
Otherwise this app is good.
- what a great way to send money, very simple and very quick with an instant text to confirm the money has been sent! I would highly recommend it to anyone who has to make payments to people in their list of phone contacts, helping out the kids or paying back a loan from a friend or colleague.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 08 July 2015
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 72.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Barclays Bank PLC
- © 2012 Barclays Bank PLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.