By Barclays Bank Plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Barclays Pingit: the easy, fast and secure way to send and receive money for free* using a mobile number whether you bank with Barclays or not.
- Send payments to anyone with a UK mobile number
- Personalise payments with a photo and a message
- Make international payments** to India and selected African countries
- Send gift cards to friends and family
- Make donations to charities and payments to businesses
- Scan QR codes or use the in-app directories for faster payment options
- Register to use Paym: the UK’s mobile payment service
Other things you need to know:
- You need a UK-registered current account, a UK mobile phone number and to be aged 16 or over
- Personal customers can send up to £1,500 daily (Business customers up to £3,000)
- Personal customers can receive up to £5,000 daily (Business customers unlimited)
- Non-Barclays personal customers will get a Barclays Pingit account to use with the app
- Non-Barclays business account holders can register to receive payments online
- Your full name (personal) or business name (business) will be visible to the sender
- We can refuse to register you for Barclays Pingit or place limits on how you use it
Further information including terms and conditions can be found by visiting www.barclays.co.uk/pingit.
*Business customers will be charged for outward transactions in accordance with their business account terms and conditions.
**An exchange rate on the day of the conversion will apply.
This app is provided by Barclays Bank PLC although you may have contracted for banking services with another legal entity within the Barclays Group. Please refer to your bank documentation (terms and conditions, statements, etc.) to confirm the legal entity that provides banking services to you.
Copyright © Barclays 2014. All rights reserved. Barclays Pingit is a trademark of Barclays Bank PLC.
Barclays Bank PLC. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 122702).
Registered in England. Registered Number: 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
What's New in Version 2.6
Thanks for using Barclays Pingit! We bring you regular updates which include improvements for security, speed and reliability. As other new features become available, we’ll highlight those for you in the app.
You can update the app automatically (without checking back here) by going to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads and turning on Updates.
What an awful, awful app! I just want to make a simple payment to a friend in another town. I've always used the Barclays app and the payees account details which I'm happy with, but it appears I can no longer do so without Pingit. I've still failed to make the payment so will just use Lloyds online banking which still works. Big thumbs down to Barclays even though I've used their online banking for well over ten years. Pingit coupled with the old Barclays system is a disaster.
Awful just as bad as it gets, a friend sent me the money using it and I was hesitant. So anyway installed the app went through the process until it kicked me out, spoken to the tech people who advised me to turn it on and off(IT crowd) and then reinstall. So did all that and guess what still didn't work so another call back to the tech people and guess what they asked me to do the same .... Gave up deleted it and I guess I won't be getting my £100. All I can say is avoid avoid avoid
No idea why others are having issues but Barclays have hit the nail again, love their apps.
Thanks for the simple payments and balance updates whenever I wish! 👌
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 22 April 2015
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 55.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Barclays Bank PLC
- © 2012 Barclays Bank PLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.