By Barclays Bank Plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pingit is a fast, easy and secure way to send and receive money for free*. All you need is a current account and mobile phone registered in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man.
- Send payments to anyone with a UK mobile number
- Personalise payments with a photo and a message
- Send money abroad fee-free - make payments to friends and family in Europe (euros), Australia (AUD), India (INR) and across Africa**
- Get payments from people in Australia (you can opt out of this service at any time)
- Pay for a Lotto, Thunderball or Euromillions Lucky Dip lottery ticket (UK & IOM only)
- Buy gift cards for friends, family or even yourself (UK only)
- Donate to charities and pay businesses
- Use QR codes and in-app directories for faster payment options
- Register to use Paym, the UK’s mobile payment service
Other things you need to know
- To use Pingit, you need to be aged 16 or over.
- Personal customers can send up to £2,000 daily (business customers up to £3,000)
- Personal customers can receive up to £5,000 daily (business customers unlimited)
- Non-Barclays personal customers get a Pingit account to use with the app
- Non-Barclays business account holders can register to receive payments online
- Your full name (personal) or business name (business) will be visible to the sender
- We can refuse to register you for Pingit or limit how you use it
More information, including t&cs, is available at www.pingit.com.
*Business customers will be charged for outward transactions according to their business account t&cs.
**An exchange rate on the day of the conversion applies to all international payments.
This app is provided by Barclays Bank PLC, but you may have contracted for banking services with another legal entity within the Barclays Group. Please refer to your bank documentation (t&cs, statements, etc.) to confirm which legal entity that provides your banking services.
Copyright © Barclays 2012-2015. All rights reserved. Barclays Pingit and Pingit are trademarks of Barclays Bank PLC.
Barclays Bank PLC. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 122702).
Registered in England. Registered Number: 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
What's New in Version 3.13
This update introduces
• Force Touch – press the Pingit icon firmly to pay
As more features become available, we’ll let you know about them within the app. Don’t forget – you can update Pingit (and all your apps) automatically by going to ‘Settings’ then ‘iTunes & App Store’. From there, turn on ‘Apps’ from the ‘Automatic Downloads’ section.
Can't register and support is useless
My friend transferred me money through the app so I went to download it and register details and activate. I would get an error message saying "we could not register you at this time, please try again later". I tried again, no change. Called the support line who told me to uninstall the app and try again, still didn't work. He advised to try again later, I did so, same problem. Tried the next day, same problem. Called support again who said to uninstall and try again. She was so inept she couldn't explain what could be wrong or where this may not be working properly. She advised to go into a branch to activate but will have to do so tomorrow. Over the phone they have no power or ability to activate it properly. The annoying thing is, now I have £140 trapped in this app that I cannot access. If you can't get it to register, then abandon hope of this thing working.
Your verification and changing of process from one phone to another is completely poor service due to your restrictions I have been locked out of my phone only to re register and to be told my account has been suspended your services are completely out of date and need serious review. When I updated my Paypal account on my new phone it was stress free you app is poor and out of date please update and review !!! This is Poor Service
App instantly crashes
When I open the app it instantly crashes - so now I can't access the £100+ I have stored in my PingIt account! No other way to access the money.
Not sure if the crashes are because I am still on iOS 8, but the App Store page says it supports from 8.0 and beyond... And I am reluctant to update my iOS - especially just to see if this stupid app works! Not happy.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 12 December 2016
- Version: 3.13
- Size: 138 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Barclays Bank PLC
- © 2012 Barclays Bank PLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.