By Barclays Bank Plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Barclays Pingit: the easy, fast and secure way to send and receive money for free* using a mobile number whether you bank with Barclays or not.
- Send payments to anyone with a UK mobile number
- Personalise payments with a photo and a message
- Make international payments** to India and selected African countries
- Send gift cards to friends and family
- Make donations to charities and payments to businesses
- Scan QR codes or use the in-app directories for faster payment options
- Register to use Paym: the UK’s mobile payment service
Other things you need to know:
- You need a UK-registered current account, a UK mobile phone number and to be aged 16 or over
- Personal customers can send up to £1,500 daily (Business customers up to £3,000)
- Personal customers can receive up to £5,000 daily (Business customers unlimited)
- Non-Barclays personal customers will get a Barclays Pingit account to use with the app
- Non-Barclays business account holders can register to receive payments online
- Your full name (personal) or business name (business) will be visible to the sender
- We can refuse to register you for Barclays Pingit or place limits on how you use it
Further information including terms and conditions can be found by visiting www.barclays.co.uk/pingit.
*Business customers will be charged for outward transactions in accordance with their business account terms and conditions.
**An exchange rate on the day of the conversion will apply.
Copyright © Barclays 2014. All rights reserved. Barclays Pingit is a trademark of Barclays Bank PLC.
Barclays Bank PLC. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 122702).
Registered in England. Registered Number: 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
What's New in Version 2.4.1
- Encourage your friends and family to support your favourite charity – share your donation on Facebook and Twitter direct from your app
- Add a special message to your payments – start by celebrating Chinese New Year with a seasonal animation
Thankfully I don't bank with them also
Downloaded pingit due to being sent money from relatives to pay for a holiday. Checked my limits & withdrew money for less than the amount stated but got my account frozen. Contacted the customer service line who couldn't help but told me I needed to go into a branch with ID. I did this only to be told I had to see a personal banker & the next available app with them is 18 March (1 month away). Obviously I am fuming and if I cannot access these funds soon my father in law won't be coming on holiday!! As of this moment I am waiting for my local branch to contact me (I've been waiting a day already) to see if I can get an earlier appointment. Terrible app & terrible service. Thankful I have my banking elsewhere.
The worst app ever 😡
I am ashamed that I recommended this app to my sister. I tried to send her money which she never received. I spent over an hour on hold to get through to Barclays in China, where a man who couldn't speak English tried to tell me my money was lost. After complaining he put me back on hold... Worst app ever, worst bank ever, worst customer service. Do not get this app unless you literally want to give your money away.
Great handy way to pay friends or family the IOUs!! Event better now with being able to pay a business for goods or service and the QR options. Great app!
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 12 February 2015
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 53.7 MB
- Language: En
- Developer: Barclays Bank PLC
- © 2012 Barclays Bank PLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.