By Barclays Bank Plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pingit is the easy, fast and secure way to send and receive money for free*. All you need is a current account and mobile phone registered in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man.
- Send payments to anyone with a UK mobile number
- Personalise payments with a photo and a message
- Make international payments (now including Europe)
- Pay for a Lotto, Thunderball or Euromillions lucky dip lottery ticket (UK & IOM only)
-Make and receive payments from within BBM chat
- Buy gift cards for friends, family or even yourself (UK Only)
- Make donations to charities and payments to businesses
- Use QR codes and in-app directories for faster payment options
- Register to use Paym: the UK’s mobile payment service
Other things you need to know
- You need to be aged 16 or over
- You have a current account and mobile phone number registered in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man
- Personal customers can send up to £2,000 daily (Business customers up to £3,000)
- Personal customers can receive up to £5,000 daily (Business customers unlimited)
- Non-Barclays personal customers will get a Pingit account to use with the app
- Non-Barclays business account holders can register to receive payments online
- Your full name (personal) or business name (business) will be visible to the sender
- We can refuse to register you for Pingit or place limits on how you use it
Further information including terms and conditions can be found by visiting www.pingit.com
*Business customers will be charged for outward transactions in accordance with their business account terms and conditions.
**An exchange rate on the day of the conversion will apply for all international payments.
This app is provided by Barclays Bank PLC although you may have contracted for banking services with another legal entity within the Barclays Group. Please refer to your bank documentation (terms and conditions, statements, etc.) to confirm the legal entity that provides banking services to you.
Copyright © Barclays 2012-2015. All rights reserved. Barclays Pingit and Pingit are trademarks of Barclays Bank PLC.
Barclays Bank PLC. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 122702).
Registered in England. Registered Number: 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
What's New in Version 3.10
In this update, we’ve given the activities screen a sleek makeover, making it easier to keep an eye on your account.
If you’ve set up a payment to someone who hasn’t registered for Pingit yet, you can now track it. You can also see payment requests.
And we’ve added new filters that mean you can find payments going in and out of your account more easily.
We’ve also made euro payments easier – you can now send euros to 33 European countries with just a phone number and an IBAN.
As more features become available, we’ll let you know about them within the app. Don’t forget – you can update Pingit (and all your apps) automatically by going to ‘Settings’ then ‘iTunes & App Store’. From there, turn on ‘Apps’ from the ‘Automatic Downloads’ section
Lost my money, no help from Barclays whatsoever
I had used Pingit several times with no problem but recently when I made a payment it was marked as pending, the money left my account but was never received by the person I was trying to pay (also marked pending). Be careful using this app Barclays will not accept any responsibility when this app malfunctions or crashes mid transaction leaving you out of pocket. I found Barclays customer service are also patronising and very unhelpful.
Love this app!
This app gets better and better! I have bought so many lottery tickets 🙈.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 22 September 2016
- Version: 3.10
- Size: 120 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Barclays Bank PLC
- © 2012 Barclays Bank PLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.