This app uses the barometric pressure sensor found in the iPhone 6, 6s, 7, 8, X (including Plus models) and iPad Air 2, Mini 4 as well as iPad Pro (all sizes) and the newest iPad.
The newest Apple Watch model 3 is now supported as well.
You need one of these devices in order to use this app!
It is not compatible with iPhone SE and older iPhone and iPad devices without this sensor!
This App features a Barometer for weather, an Altimeter for outdoor activities, a barometric Trend and a Notification Center Widget.
Even without the optional In-App-Purchase this is a fully functional Barometer with absolutely no draw-backs and all important features accessible. Always without ads! (See "Pro Features" at the end)
Keep an eye on the barometric pressure and be your own weather forecast! This little app uses only GPS (optional) and the new barometric pressure sensor to calculate the barometric pressure used in weather forecasts. The new iPhones have a barometric pressure sensor built in so this app works completely without internet. The handy marker helps you keep track of changes in the barometric pressure and let's you predict weather changes! Please realize, that a single barometric pressure reading is not enough to tell the current weather situation but the barometric pressure and its change over time is a very good indicator for weather changes!
Now you can also see the trend in barometric pressure with graph charts displaying the measurements taken during the last 30 days! (6h, 12h, 24h, 3d, 7d, 14d, 30d)
The Altimeter helps you track your altitude changes based on the change of pressure. Just set your reference pressure and altitude in order to use the Altimeter for checking how high up the mountain you have climbed (works for other activities too). The App does not use GPS for the Altimeter.
Please Note that on older devices such as the 4S, 5, 5S and 5C as well as on any iPod Touch and iPad Models older than iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 4 as well as the Apple Watch 1 and 2, this app will not be able to read barometric pressure values and not display any useful information.
All basic features, the Barometer, the Altimeter, the Trend and the Widget are completely free to use for everyone and are fully functional at maximum accuracy available. No ads!
The only features with restricted access via In-App-Purchase are listed at the end under "Pro Features". Those are nice to have features for power users or those that want to show their support for the App!
Features (free for everyone)
- Barometer for weather
- Altimeter for outdoor activities
- Today-View Widget (Barometer)
- Watch App
- Up to 30d trend visualised with graphs
- Interactive timeline on the trend graphs
- No internet connection required since the sensor is built into the new iPhones and iPads
- Supports 6 different pressure units
- Support for 2 different altitude units
- Analog Barometer with support for all 6 units
- Configurable "displayed accuracy" / number of decimals
- Supports setting a custom marker so you can track changes in barometric pressure
- Manual altitude setting or automatic altitude updates based on GPS for the Barometer.
- GPS Correction. In case your GPS seems to always be 'off' a little you can now fix this easily.
- Portrait and Landscape support
Pro Features (In-App Purchase required)
- Change the Barometer Face
- Fishing Barometer
- Two scales on the Barometer
- Data export in CSV Format
- Introducing Apple Watch 3 support in the free version! Apple Watch 3 has a barometric air pressure sensor built in! This update introduces a stand alone watch app that shows station pressure, station altitude and sea level pressure. It includes a marker and all units known from the iOS application! At this time without historical data and as a digital display
- Temperature setting for the Altimeter. By adjusting the average outside temperature, the altitude formula can be more exact
- Small bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but could improve
A good app with clear easy read dials. It could be much improved if the trend function could take readings, say hourly in background refresh. At present you have to keep the app fully open to get accurate detailed trend info. Makes it more difficult to use when sailing at sea, where battery power is limited and trying to remember to open hourly.
Sensible and useful App
This is something I have always wanted to have a portable barometer. Small Antique pocket mechanical aneroid barometers are beautiful sadly however they are expensive and bulky and if not treated with respect are prone to damage. This Barometer App is definitely for me it fits the bill every way I hope the developer will add the classic traditional barometer dial, that will really put the icing on the cake.
This is a well designed app that is simple to use but has some interesting features to play around with. The readings seem accurate and the interface is user friendly
- Steffen Bauereiss
- 44.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Steffen Bauereiss
- In-App Purchases
- Barometer Pro Features £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.