Basic French For Dummies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Want to speak French? Dummies can help!
Whether you want to take up French from scratch or brush up on your existing skills for work or travel, this practical app is for you! Fun flashcards highlight common words and phrases written in English and their translation in French with audio playback. A French-English and English-French mini-dictionary gives you flexible and easy word lookup. Special interactive features let you mark your favorite phrases and share with friends on e-mail or Facebook. This app will have you speaking French quickly and confidently.
1. Words/Phrases – Learn the most common words and phrases for whatever situation you encounter. Words and Phrases are categorized for easy look up – Greetings, Small Talk, Expressions, Numbers, Time, Calendar, Directions, Work, Appointments, Travel, Get Help, Restaurant, Hotel, Bank, Store, Office, School, Home, and Entertainment. You’ll find what you need with both phrases and words written in English and their translation in French with audio playback. Plus, there’s a featured Phrase of the Day to help further build your skills.
2. Dictionary – Commonly used words in both French to English and English to French formats.
3. Flashcards – Pick your category (same ones as in Words/Phrases) and you are off to a fun-filled way to practice your French. Includes the most widely used words and phrases written in English and their translation in French with audio playback.
4. Basics – jam packed with information on everything from Nouns, pronouns, and articles, to the multitude of Verbs (infinitive, irregular, tenses, and negative), you get examples to help you get a good French foundation.
5. Part of Tens – Loaded with more “extras” these listings feature fun ways to put French to work for you. Ten common expressions, frequently mixed-up verbs, holidays, common mistakes, and phrases that make you sound French.
6. Favorites – With so many features in this App, we let you decide your favorites. Easily mark and store the words and phrases you want to review, use more, or need to know. Make updates to your favorites anytime by adding/deleting phrases and words.
7. Share – Impress family and friends by sending words and phrases from the app with friends using Facebook or email.
The Basic French For Dummies app is your on-the-go guide to making learning French easier.
NOTE: All the content and audio files are included in the app. No network connection is needed to view the content. Network connection is only needed for Facebook and email sharing options.
What's New in Version 1.1.0
This version fixes the issue where page scrolling would not work properly on some screens in the app when running on iOS 4.2.1
I love this app!! It's great for revising for tests!! Please make a translating section because the translators on the Internet have all the wrong words on!! Merci, J'adore basic French for dummies!!!!
I have learnt so much because of this app.
Works flawlessly and never disappoints.
Very user friendly.
Room for Improvement
The flash cards and phrases are useful but the dictionary needs a serious update! Almost none of the words I've looked up were in there! I would like to make my own sentences rather than make sentences with the words available in the app!
- Category: Education
- Updated: 30 March 2011
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 5.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Skava, Inc.
- Copyright © 2010 Skava, Inc. Copyright © 2010 Wiley Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.