This is an application based on the drill-and-practice instructional strategy. Similar to memorization, such a strategy presents the tasks to be completed repetitively to build up the foundation skills for more meaningful learning in the future.
This application provides exercises covering basic mathematical skills like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. The exercises are targeted for children under 12 years, and sometimes even adults, with varying degrees of difficulty depending on their age.
Upgrade to Basic Math Deluxe to unlock the following features:
- A numeric keypad to enter answers, besides using multiple-choice answers
- Enter values using the usual calculator left-to-right mode, or working style right-to-left mode
- Sound effects
- A times table to practise multiplication tables
- Option to configure max and minimum operand value
- A report card to review your performance in past exercises
Updated for iOS7
Ratings and Reviews
I wish I had this when I was younger, only missing 2 small things, the option to get a mixture of add, subtract, minus, divide. And should have other questions like percentages and angles etc. But for a free app 5 stars and love to options from the timeings to the values!
This is great, 7yr old son's finds it very good. It is for under 12's so that's why adults find it easy! A good confidence booster :)
My 5 and 7 year old boys plays this and seem to like it. Works well alongside kumon.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.