By Warner Bros.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*IMPORTANT* Bastion requires an iPad 2 or newer, iPhone 4S or newer, or iPod touch (5th gen).
App Store BEST of 2012 Pick!
Reimagined for iOS, this award-winning action RPG experience redefines storytelling in games with a reactive narrator who marks your every move!
* * *
Bastion earned Editors' Choice on the App Store but that's not all! Here's what critics have to say:
"...simply astounding. This is an action RPG that deserves a spot on every gamer's iPad."
- SlideToPlay.com (4 out of 4 ""Must Have"")
"Bastion for iPad is just as good if not better than its console brethren."
- TouchArcade (5 stars out of 5)
"...a wonderful adaption of an outstanding action title... feels at home on the App Store."
- AppSpy.com (5 out of 5)
"It’s a beautiful, clever, absolutely one-of-a-kind experience."
- 148Apps.com (5 stars out of 5)
"Bastion is a textbook example of how to make an iPad port."
- IGN.com (9 out of 10)
* * *
The original version of Bastion earned more than 100 industry accolades, including:
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST DEBUT, Game Developers Choice Awards
- DOWNLOADABLE TITLE of the YEAR, Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
- BEST VIDEOGAME of the YEAR, Paste Magazine
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST ORIGINAL SCORE, SpikeTV
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST INDIE GAME, Inside Gaming Awards
* * *
Bastion for iOS features all the highly acclaimed artwork, music, and narration that Bastion is known for, along with intuitive touch controls. Explore more than 40 lush hand-painted environments as you discover the secrets of the Calamity, a surreal catastrophe that shattered the world to pieces. Wield a huge arsenal of upgradeable weapons and battle savage beasts adapted to their new habitat. Finish the main story to unlock New Game Plus mode and continue your journey!
- Stunning hand-painted artwork
- Critically-acclaimed original music score
- Hours of reactive narration deliver a deep story
- Intuitive touch controls created exclusively for iOS
- Universal App runs on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Variable difficulty for players of all skill levels
- Action-packed combat rewards playing with finesse
- 10+ unique upgradeable weapons to be used
- 6 powerful Bastion structures to be discovered
- 'New Game Plus' mode unlocked after finishing the story
- Game Center achievements and leaderboards
- Sync saved data seamlessly via iCloud
Bastion is the first title from Supergiant Games. We're a small developer with big ambitions: to make games that spark your imagination like the games you played as a kid. Follow @SupergiantGames on Twitter or visit us at www.supergiantgames.com.
* * *
- Voice-over narration: English
- Text and subtitles: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian (based on region setting)
What's New in Version 1.2
Bastion now takes advantage of some of the latest features of iOS 7! Thank you to all our fans for your continued support.
- Minor bug fixes and optimized performance
This game pulls of so many risky moves perfectly, a silent main character as well as the supporting cast, which makes it so strange that these characters are in fact so endearing despite this, partly due to their great model design and The Narrator's gravelly voice. Which leads me neatly on to the art style, this is truly one of the best looking games on ios and the art style definitely contributes to this, the cel-esque art style looks great in motion and doesn't go for the hyperrealism that I found so jarring in games like Republique. Talking about jarring I do have a few criticisms of the game: the first is a bug, even though I have the newest iphone the game still struggles at intense moments, these frame-rate drops are few and far between and do not break the immersion in the grand scheme of things. Also, the combat system has that 'shrunk in the wash' effect that is a probelm for console games that get ported on to ios, although the controls are intuitive the reduction in screen size does deduct from the spectacle the game surely offered on its ps and xbox counterparts. But hey, £2.99 for one of the tightest indie releases of the past decade? This game is definately worth your time and money.
Having played the PC version originally, I have seen a few minor differences - for one: instead of the fang repeater you get the dual pistol in the first level (however that benefited me because I looooved the dual pistols in the PC version ^.^).
Otherwise, it's the same - GOTY tier narration and music, with extremely good game play and a heartbreaking choice to make at the end. It's the only game EVER I've gotten on iOS since I adored it so on PC.
It's even taken top spot as best game I've played so far, and it will probably stay that way until I play Okami or SoC.
Amazing! Only heard of this after watching the trailer for Transistor on ps4! Wish I could have played Bastion on my ps3 but unfortunately it was never available on psn... Have loved every second of it on the iPad though and now looking forward all the more for Transistor's release next month! Supergiant games are definitely one to watch! Gorgeous graphics, engaging combat, an awesome soundtrack and a great story make Bastion one of the best games I've ever played on my iPad! Definitely up there with Monument Valley! =)
- Category: Games
- Updated: 19 September 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 561 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Warner Bros. Entertainment
- © 2012 Supergiant Games LLC. All rights reserved. WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.