By Warner Bros.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*IMPORTANT* Bastion requires an iPad 2 or newer, iPhone 4S or newer, or iPod touch (5th gen).
App Store BEST of 2012 Pick!
Reimagined for iOS, this award-winning action RPG experience redefines storytelling in games with a reactive narrator who marks your every move!
* * *
Bastion earned Editors' Choice on the App Store but that's not all! Here's what critics have to say:
"...simply astounding. This is an action RPG that deserves a spot on every gamer's iPad."
- SlideToPlay.com (4 out of 4 ""Must Have"")
"Bastion for iPad is just as good if not better than its console brethren."
- TouchArcade (5 stars out of 5)
"...a wonderful adaption of an outstanding action title... feels at home on the App Store."
- AppSpy.com (5 out of 5)
"It’s a beautiful, clever, absolutely one-of-a-kind experience."
- 148Apps.com (5 stars out of 5)
"Bastion is a textbook example of how to make an iPad port."
- IGN.com (9 out of 10)
* * *
The original version of Bastion earned more than 100 industry accolades, including:
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST DEBUT, Game Developers Choice Awards
- DOWNLOADABLE TITLE of the YEAR, Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
- BEST VIDEOGAME of the YEAR, Paste Magazine
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST ORIGINAL SCORE, SpikeTV
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST INDIE GAME, Inside Gaming Awards
* * *
Bastion for iOS features all the highly acclaimed artwork, music, and narration that Bastion is known for, along with intuitive touch controls. Explore more than 40 lush hand-painted environments as you discover the secrets of the Calamity, a surreal catastrophe that shattered the world to pieces. Wield a huge arsenal of upgradeable weapons and battle savage beasts adapted to their new habitat. Finish the main story to unlock New Game Plus mode and continue your journey!
- Stunning hand-painted artwork
- Critically-acclaimed original music score
- Hours of reactive narration deliver a deep story
- Intuitive touch controls created exclusively for iOS
- Universal App runs on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Variable difficulty for players of all skill levels
- Action-packed combat rewards playing with finesse
- 10+ unique upgradeable weapons to be used
- 6 powerful Bastion structures to be discovered
- 'New Game Plus' mode unlocked after finishing the story
- Game Center achievements and leaderboards
- Sync saved data seamlessly via iCloud
Bastion is the first title from Supergiant Games. We're a small developer with big ambitions: to make games that spark your imagination like the games you played as a kid. Follow @SupergiantGames on Twitter or visit us at www.supergiantgames.com.
* * *
- Voice-over narration: English
- Text and subtitles: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian (based on region setting)
What's New in Version 1.2
Bastion now takes advantage of some of the latest features of iOS 7! Thank you to all our fans for your continued support.
- Minor bug fixes and optimized performance
This game pulls of so many risky moves perfectly, a silent main character as well as the supporting cast, which makes it so strange that these characters are in fact so endearing despite this, partly due to their great model design and The Narrator's gravelly voice. Which leads me neatly on to the art style, this is truly one of the best looking games on ios and the art style definitely contributes to this, the cel-esque art style looks great in motion and doesn't go for the hyperrealism that I found so jarring in games like Republique. Talking about jarring I do have a few criticisms of the game: the first is a bug, even though I have the newest iphone the game still struggles at intense moments, these frame-rate drops are few and far between and do not break the immersion in the grand scheme of things. Also, the combat system has that 'shrunk in the wash' effect that is a probelm for console games that get ported on to ios, although the controls are intuitive the reduction in screen size does deduct from the spectacle the game surely offered on its ps and xbox counterparts. But hey, £2.99 for one of the tightest indie releases of the past decade? This game is definately worth your time and money.
That is how an action-driven RPG should look like.
For quite some time I was skeptical about Bastion despite all of the positive reviews it was getting. It just didn't look like an RPG I could make a connection with, an adventure I would be remembering with a smile... Yet, I gave it a try. And oh my, was I mistaken before.
From the first minutes Bastion firmly grips your attention with an eye-pleasing visual style and a mysterious main character.
The action part is highly entertaining and the way the lore is presented though encounters and mementos is also something Supergiant Games should be commended on.
The repetitive gameplay is avoided with the wide range of options for three slots (2 weapons + skill) and slots of permanent-effect potions.
The idol system controlling the difficulty level is of particular elegance and the achievement/quest board is utilised here well too.
Yes, the story could be better but the twists you encounter will still let your imagination fly.
No complains about the RPG part as well - the customisation of the character is easy yet delivering.
All in all - this game is definitely worth your money and time.
What else to say... the Bastion is there ... the question is - will you survive the Calamity?
A soaring success!
Bastion was a terrific game on consoles and is still a terrific game on the iPhone! The short levels are surprisingly well suited to a pick up and play approach while still giving you a hearty sense of progression and triumph. Controls work well (classic controls are the ones to spring for here), and other than a few minor issues of buttons being too close together, it works marvellously well. A great, beautiful game on any platform, Bastion is a triumph on iOS and well deserving of your time and money. Grab some headphones, pump the brightness up and enjoy one of the most striking and satisfying games on the App Store!
- Category: Games
- Updated: 19 September 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 561 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Warner Bros. Entertainment
- © 2012 Supergiant Games LLC. All rights reserved. WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.