Batman Arkham Asylum
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Welcome to the Madhouse!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Descend into the core of the criminally insane as the Joker seizes control of Arkham Asylum and launches his most diabolical plot ever. The inmates of Arkham have been set free - and it’s up to Batman to bring order to the chaos and take back the asylum.
Using his combat skills, stealth and gadgets, it’s up to Batman to thwart Joker’s fiendish plans before it’s too late. Batman: Arkham Asylum lets you explore the depths of Arkham Island as you experience the darkest journey of Batman’s life.
• Square off against some of Gotham’s most notorious lunatics, including Harley Quinn, Killer Croc and Poison Ivy.
• Deploy an arsenal of upgradable gadgets, from a remote-control Batarang to a grappling gun and explosive gel.
• Use Detective Mode to identify important objects and reveal enemies’ weak spots.
• Deliver brutal combos with the innovative FreeFlow™ combat system.
• Move in the shadows and strike fear amongst your enemies.
• Solve the Riddler’s devilishly difficult puzzles to unlock challenge levels and trophies.
• Face Batman’s darkest fears in hallucinogenic nightmares induced by the Scarecrow’s toxic gas.
• Explore Arkham Island and discover its gruesome secrets through hidden items and character biographies.
• Winner of numerous awards including BAFTA Game of the Year and Outstanding Achievement in Game Design awards from the Academy of Arts & Sciences.
• Written by Paul Dini and featuring the voice talents of Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy.
• Conquer six additional challenge maps and even play as the Joker! Batman: Arkham Asylum on the Mac contains all the DLC and expansion packs.
Important information regarding Batman: Arkham Asylum:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
• You can find out more about the game on the Batman: Arkham Asylum mini-site at feralinteractive.com/bmaa
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0 GHz, RAM: 2GB, Graphics: 128MB, Free Space: 10GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.
• The following cards require you to have 4GB of System RAM: NVIDIA 320M, Intel HD 3000.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
• Fixes an occasional crash on launch related to USB devices.
• Improves support for non-QWERTY keyboards.
• Fixes compatibility with the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2.
I have this on Steam where, it must be said, it is much cheaper but requires a boot into windows (and Gaming for windows live) though the Mac version does include the DLC for the premium.
This is a flawless port of a stunning game and plays just fine with an Xbox 360 controller. As a PC rather than console gamer at heart I never found playing with Keyboard and mouse to be that much of a problem and in many respects elements of the control are easier, but all round if you have a PS3 or Xbox around and somehow have missed playing this so far it is worth pinching the controller.
It sits, stylistically, somewhere between The Animated Series and the Nolan films, has a terrific plot, a great voice cast and effortlessly immerses you into the role of Gotham's protector.
If the latest Nolan installment has you frothing for a bit of continued Bat action and you've not already encountered Arkham Asylum on another platfor then you owe it to yourself to check it out.
Best Mac game I have played
Was looking at this game for several days thinking it was a little over priced but decided after looking at reviews to give it a go. I am glad I did buy it. Game place is perfect, graphics are spot on and I even purchased an xbox wired USB controller, plugged in and it worked straight away running Macbook Pro 2012 with Mountain Lion. Well done Feral for making a game slightly better than an xbox game.
Worth the money as the game is pretty big and stroy line would make a very good movie.
Only down fall I have is not being able to save at any point, you have to wait for a save point which can sometime be annoying if you are wanting to quit for the night.
Stunning – buy it.
Thank you Feral for keeping up the great Mac ports. All other developers should be sitting up and taking notice. This game is a new benchmark on the Mac. I just hope they can keep up the momentum and we don't have to wait two years or so for Arkham City?! I am playing with the PS3 control pad which adds to this genuinely console-quality experience. I wouldn't like to attempt this with a keyboard and mouse to be honest.
I have the 2 Ghz i7 15" MacBook Pro with the entry level Intel HD 3000 and 4GB (standard) RAM and this game runs like a dream on full graphics and a respectable resolution – and with no fan noise!
- Category: Games
- Updated: 19 November 2011
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 9.21 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: Feral Interactive Ltd
- BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM Software © 2009-2011 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Developed by Rocksteady Studios Ltd. Published for the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. under license from Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Rocksteady and the Rocksteady logo are trademarks of Rocksteady Studios Ltd. Powered by Unreal Engine. Unreal ® is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. Unreal ® Engine, Copyright 1998-2011, Epic Games, Inc. Uses FMOD Ex Sound System. Firelight Technologies. Uses Scaleform GFx © 2009-2011Scaleform Corporation. Portions of this software utilize SpeedTree® RT technology (© 2007-2011 Interactive Data Visualization, Inc.). SpeedTree® is a registered trademark of Interactive Data Visualization, Inc. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later