Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Number#1 Strategy game in 42 stores. For 24/7 tech support and updates visit www.slitherine.com/forum
* PocketTactics – 5 out of 5 - “In price, content, and execution, Battle Academy is a proud game from another time. And worth every penny.”
* DigitallyDownloaded.net – 4.5 out of 5 Stars - “Really, when you buy this game, you’re buying into the excellent, competitive, online environment, and it looks like a healthy community at this stage.”
* NoHighScores – “…you’d be hard pressed to find a richer, more satisfying turn-based wargame on the platform.”
* TouchGen – 4.5 out of 5 Stars - “Battle Academy is a welcoming but challenging experience.”
* StrategyPrime – 4.5 out of 5 Stars - “Probably one of the finest strategy games you can find on the iPad just about now, and definitely a must-have.”
* FortressAT – “Battle Academy is…a real game, a proper game…”
* Esquire - “…this is the best game we’ve played yet on the iPad.”
* Plughead.net – 82% - “A proper wargame! On the iPad!”
* PCDome.hu – “…the ideal tactical casual wargame for iPad.”
* SlideToPlay – 3 out of 4 - “…for those of you who are willing to take the challenge, you’ll encounter a highly engaging, absorbing and lengthy experience the likes of which has rarely been seen on iOS.”
* BoardGameGeek – 3 of 4 Stars - “Hands down this is the most impressive war game yet on the platform.”
Approachable, absorbing and visually impressive yet detailed, Battle Academy aims to revolutionise the strategy games market with a blend of intuitive design and compelling game play driven by cutting edge technical innovation.
Inspired by an original online game concept devised by the BBC, the game has more than 30 battles in a range of theatres of war from the North African desert through D-Day to the to the snowy Ardennes mountains where the Allies battled to repel the final German offensive.
The team at Slitherine worked with Professor John Buckley, Military Historian at the University of Wolverhampton and a keen wargamer himself, to make sure that the strategy, tactics, scenarios and available firepower of the battles fought in WW2 were turned into realistic AI behaviour, powering expertly crafted battles.
The revolutionary server-based PBEM++ Slitherine system completes the package, for a gaming experience that will certainly please both hard core wargamers and newcomers. This revolutionary system allows iPad, Mac and PC players to play against each other, and even allows you to play 1 turn on your PC at home, continue the same game on the iPad on the train to work and play a turn at work on your Mac, all without you having to do a thing - the server handles it all!
Control British, US, Polish, Canadian forces in 3 epic campaigns covering more than 30 varied battles or take control of Italian and German forces in multiplayer.
Select from a vast array of equipment including 100 units from 6 nations - Shermans, Fireflys, Panthers, Tigers, Stukas, Hurricanes, P47s and much more!
Gameplay features include ambushes, line of sight, artillery barrages, airstrikes, scouts, morale, APCs, flame throwers, heavy bombers, snipers and suppression.
Your units gain experience as they fight. Get promoted to Veteran and Elite status and gain new skills.
Addictive multiplayer modes using Slitherine’s revolutionary multiplayer server that’s linked into an online ranking system.
What's New in Version 2.70
- Minor Bug fixes
Forget the rest, This is the Best
As the Title of this Review Indicates, I Haven't Enjoyed a WWII game as much as I am enjoying this one.
Just terrific and absorbing, once you start playing you cannot wait to get to the next stage of the Game.
Yes Outlay is expensive but well worthy it, And you must pay the extra and get the everything package as well, which fills the gaps to make this the most engrossing and enjoyable turn based game to date, yes turn based, but the more you play and learn what you can achieve in each turn the better the game becomes, you have to dive in and play after the very short tutorial as there are a multitude of hidden options for which you eventually find, and then This game becomes as we say here Bostin.
Price tag is on the high side considering the game content. Would have preferred a unit that you keep together rather than start afresh each battle. I bought this as I was a keen fan and spent years playing C&C. Bought as a stop gap when I read they were releasing Close combat on ipad and it seems its going to be a while. It does pass the time but the turn based theme is a little slow, especially when you get momentum in a battle, then wait!
Graphics are ok, terrain is good. Deployment mode is a bit hit and miss when attempting to pick certain units.
If I was asked would I buy it again I would say no at this price. Maybe should be around the 5 pounds mark. I should be patient and wait for C&C from the same developer... Timeless classic that can be played over and over!
It's expensive, but it's worth it!! Turn based and totally engrossing game, no base building and it focuses on total combat. Looking at how much I have played the game then I am happy with the value it has returned to me, at the present I am hoping that additional missions/BA2 will be released soon!
- Category: Games
- Updated: 12 May 2014
- Version: 2.70
- Size: 268 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Slitherine Software UK Ltd.
- © 2012 Slitherine Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Market Garden£7.99
- Operation Sealion£7.99
- Blitzkrieg France£7.99
- Operation Husky£7.99
- Rommel in Normandy£7.99
- Fortress Metz£7.99
- Battle Academy - Give Me Everything!£14.99