Battle of the Bulge
By Shenandoah Studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Battle of the Bulge, the award-winning iOS strategy wargame, is now Universal! Play on iPad or iPhone.
"Battle of the Bulge is a must-have for anyone with an interest in historical wargaming. 5 Stars" - TouchArcade
Battle of the Bulge invites you, the player, to lead the Axis or the Allies to victory on the snowy battlefields of World War II. In this turn-based strategy game, you command your forces to capture important locations, secure key supply routes, and engage the enemy. Designed specifically for iOS, Battle of the Bulge captures the spirit of traditional board wargames while providing excellent UI design and accessibility for new players.
Key features include:
• Play against AI opponents with unique personalities
• Play against friends online through Game Center or on one device with Pass and Play.
• Fast turns, deep strategy
• Play scenarios like the quick, tense, fight in the opening days to a campaign covering the entire battle as either the Axis or the Allies
• Learn with the tutorial and quick start guide, or visit our online strategy forums to learn from other players
• Full rules, charts, tables and other information included for advanced players
• Extensive historical photos and commentary
• Universal support for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
• Localized for Spanish and Japanese
• Retina support
• First in a series of WWII titles by legendary designers including: John Butterfield, Ted Raicer, and Mark Herman
Praise for Battle of the Bulge:
“It’s completely nailed the right ways to present a tabletop game in a digital format...” — No High Scores
“Battle of the Bulge is a landmark iPad game. It’s deep without feeling complex, and fun without feeling light. Further, it’s beautiful, both visually and aurally, and so intuitive that you don’t need a tutorial to learn the interface. If you’re at all into turn-based gaming, give this one a try. If you’re not, give this one a try, anyway.” — MobileTechReview
“A game that will make historical strategy diehards swoon, while also being pretty enough, and easy enough to learn, to draw in people who never knew that this was the game they'd been waiting for.” — TouchArcade
“In terms of war simulation games on the App Store, I haven’t seen a better game…” — TUAW
“…a game of considerable majesty awaits you…” — Gamezebo
“Easily the most educational game I’ve ever played.” — Eurogamer
"Battle of the Bulge is as cold, brutal, and unforgiving as the titular conflict, but it's also one of the top choices for hardcore iPad strategists." - Pocket Gamer UK
What's New in Version 2.0
-Now Universal. Can be played on iPhone (iOS 6), iPad and iPod Touch (iOS 6).
-Localized in Spanish and Japanese.
-Up your strategy with the included Player’s Guide with articles from top players.
-Delve into design with the Designer’s Guide (In-App Purchase).
The best of the best
Surely the best map-based WWII strategy game available for iPad, bar none. Especially if you have any interest in the subject matter. It has great playability and depth, and the interface design is intuitive and well thought out. Very few iPad games engage me like this - one can try one strategy then another and the results are always different. Great AI too - not completely stupid and predictable. A Highly recommended game. Don't hesitate - Buy it!
An absolute work of art...
I have been waiting literally for years for a developer to take up the mantle of creating proper wargames for iOS, and these guys have not disappointed. This is an amazing gmae and it's clear a lot of time and energy has gone into it's creation. If only all iOS games were made to this standard...
Fantastic on iPhone5
Amazing war top strategy game - just buy it already ! Thanks for making it universal. Best of its type on iPhone by miles.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 17 October 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 530 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish
- Developer: Shenandoah Studio LLC
- © 2012-2013 Shenandoah Studio, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Endgame£2.49
- Von Manteuffel£1.49
- Designer’s Guide£1.99