BBC Focus Magazine is the science magazine for the inquisitive mind. Every month you'll be able to find out everything that's new and exciting in science, technology and the natural world including all the latest major scientific developments, the wonders of the universe and a lively Q&A section that you can get involved in!
Our expert team bring you fascinating, authoritative articles that are illustrated with stunning images, to explain the science behind the world and environment around you. With topics such as the death of the sun, gay genetics, the age of dinosaurs, tech fixes for climate change and future space travel, you just won’t be able to put it down.
The brand new iPad and iPhone editions bring you:
· Stunning additional images to the print magazine in our Mega Pixel section
· Audio interviews with the finest minds in science and technology
· Video content covering the hottest topics
· Interactive 360 degree photography
· Redesigned and optimised content layout
· All in glorious retina display
Subscriptions and Single Issues
Customers can buy single issues and subscriptions using In App Purchase
Subscriptions are available on monthly or annual terms.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
If you would like to get in touch with the team for more information or support please email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can visit our App support page https://immediate1.typeform.com/to/kc5nri
* please note: this digital edition does not include the covermount gifts or supplements you would find with printed copies*
Thanks for using the BBC Focus Magazine app! We're constantly looking for ways to improve our app and make it more reliable for you. Here are the latest enhancements you'll find in our update:
*Resolved display issue on iPhone devices
*General bug fixes
We’d love to hear what you think of our app. If you have any questions, suggestions or feedback, please email: email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
I was looking forward to reading the magazine on my iPad Pro 12.9 but all I get when I try to view an edition is a black screen. I am running the latest operating system and a good tablet and even my iPhone Max will open it so I'm not sure what is wrong.
The subscription is no good to me if it will not open so a waste of £9.99. I have no problems with other applications.
I tried clicking on the App Support link in the App Store but although a tab opens in Safari nothing else happens and I get I server timed out message but all the other websites load successfully.
What a shambles.
Why aren’t the further questions at the end of the articles linked to the relevant article for subscribed members? It would make finding out more about an issue easier!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We log and consider all suggestions from our valued customers. We are planning a new feature for the app linkiunf to related articles, so we may be able to incorporate your suggestion at that time.
I absolutely love Focus but am so disappointed with its app, it keeps crashing when I try to read an issue, so I end up having to delete and re install the app every time. This has been going on for years and I implore the developer to please address the issue otherwise I’ll have to cancel my subscription, which will be very disappointing.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Immediate Media Company Limited
- 38 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Immediate Media Company Bristol Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 1-Month Subscription £3.99
- 12-Month Subscription £37.99
- BBC Focus Magazine £24.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.