The App version of the UK’s best-selling food magazine has been designed to be easy-to-use and cook from, so you can really enjoy your time in the kitchen. With more than 70 new and original recipes in every issue, there’s plenty of inspiration for quick midweek meals, weekend menus, healthy cooking and ideas for making the most of seasonal produce.
Cooking has never been so simple…
• Exclusive videos with tips and techniques from the BBC Good Food magazine cookery team.
• Fully optimised iPhone edition
• Integrated online conversion chart
Our award-winning App was voted PPA Digital Magazine of the Year 2013, DMA Food and Drink Magazine of the Year 2013, BSME Best Brand App of the Year 2012 and PPA Digital Edition of the Year 2011. You can also visit us online at bbcgoodfood.com for over 8,300 more recipes, all triple-tested by the BBC Good Food team.
Other BBC Good Food apps available on iPad include: Healthy Recipes and Quick Recipes. For iPhone and iPod touch: Healthy Recipes, Quick Recipes, Cake Recipes, One Pot Recipes and Festive Recipes.
“A highly impressive and well thought through app” In Publishing magazine
"Whatever your culinary ambitions, this is a great addition to your collection" 5 star award, Apps magazine.
Single-issue copies are available AT £3.99 / $3.99 USD / €3.99
SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE
You can receive generous savings when you subscribe, choosing the term which suits you best:
1 month – £2.99 / $3.99 USD / €3.99
1 year – £24.99 / $32.99 USD / €32.99
*** the first month is free. When you start a 12 month subscription the first issue starts with the next live issue after that start date however we give you immediate access to the current issue for free ***
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
This subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period, your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
The cost of the renewal will match the subscription price.
You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your ‘Account Settings’ after purchase.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Unfortunately, from time to time, an app may crash, and on the odd occasion this happens, we will endeavour to fix the issue as soon as possible. In order to diagnose a problem, we would really appreciate it if you clicked on the app support page above and completed the short form here http://apps.immediate.co.uk/help
We hope you enjoy the new look Good Food Magazine app. We have made a number of changes to make the digital edition even better.
If you have any queries regarding your subscription to BBC Good Food, or the digital edition app in general, please contact our customer service team on email@example.com or call 03330 162 139.
Ratings and Reviews
Backwards Step (seemingly again)
Clicked the download icon in top right to download a whole edition which showed as a tick once complete, switched to airplane mode and received on each page Content not Found -> Tap to Refresh -> No Internet Connection... Useless for Flights.
Seems back button returns to card view for new editions though previous editions are a pain to navigate.
So I now have the v3.0.1 update and seems like yes there is a somewhat needed UI refresh 👍🏻 but key functionality seems missing/unclear how this is now achieved 👎🏻
1. Current and Past issues now divided between two tabs.
2. No cloud icon symbolising at a glance which issues are in the cloud vs downloaded locally. Also not dynamic to hide cloud based issues when in airplane mode.
3. Thumbnail view for contents and thumbnail ribbon - While there was perhaps some duplication of a thumbnail view (horizontal and vertical) before it seems both of these methods are gone. Surely I am missing something but if I want to flick through to page 50 of a magazine I now I have to flick through every individual page... it’s easier and quicker with a paper copy if so.
4. The main thing I think subscribers wanted was a cross edition search which seems it may have been implemented 😊. Imagine it took lots of re-architecture to introduce this, but can we have our old functionality back too please!
Another useless update
The app has been updated again, and yet again I've had to reinstall the app. Rarely get my issues on time as an iTunes subscriber and Oct 17 is no exception. No option to download the issue and the faq's tell me I have to wait for a notification to be invited to download it?! Finding this all a bit pointless, as I got the digital subscription for ease. Will not resubscribe, will be getting the paper copy back!!
Update - Oct 17 arrived to download over a week after release. App developer response said to restore all purchases to get new issue which did not work (and never does for new issues might I add). The new app is very slow, each page is slow to load, no cooks view on recipes and app still does not rotate when ipad is turned. New app is all style no substance. Will not resubscribe.
Hi xel0is3x! Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the latest update.
Existing iTunes subscribers need to restore purchases, and again if they did so prior to 05/10/17, and the process failed.
To do this, tap Menu icon in top left, then tap “Account”, then “Restore iTunes purchases”. This will allow you to download the October issue.
Apologies again for the inconvenience and we hope you continue to enjoy your subscription.
Paying for nothing!
I am so fed up and frustrated! I am paying via iTunes each month but cannot access any old or new issues. I need to restore via iTunes but when I try, nothing happens.
I’d have given up, but I don’t see why I should lose the issues I’ve paid for. I’ve been in touch with the support team and someone did get back to me. They said there was a known problem. Came back to me again and said they were having problems resolving the issue. That was in November last year! Not heard anything since.
I wouldn’t bother as there are so many problems.
- Immediate Media Company Limited
- 61.8 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © BBC Magazines Limited 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Good Food £13.49
- 12-Month Subscription £34.99
- Good Food £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.