BBC Good Food - Recipes, tools & cooking tips
By BBC Worldwide
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The BBC Good Food – Recipes, tips and cooking tools app is free to download, but, charges for additional curated cookbooks. We offer 20 free recipes, 50 glossary items, cooking tips and a multiple timer tool for free in the app.
If you have lost access to your paid cookbooks you will be able to re-download to your iPhone or iPad without paying again - please refer to the instructions in the app within menu>settings>manage in app purchases. If you own both an iPad and an iPhone you will be able to download your purchased cookbooks on both devices without paying twice. Please ensure you are logged in with the same Apple ID on both devices and follow the instructions at the bottom of this description.
However, if you downloaded cookbooks for free during our promotional offer, you will not be able to redownload across devices or on to a new device. This is something we are aiming to make possible in a future release.
Whether you’re looking for weekday inspiration, trying to cook the perfect steak or attempting your own homemade ice cream, get cooking with the new BBC Good Food - Recipes, tips and cooking tools app. This app lets you buy and store all the existing BBC Good Food cookbook apps, and organise your favourite recipes and shopping lists in one place.
The app is free to download, and comes with 20 of our favourite recipes, like, Beef & beer pie, Summer vegetable curry and Chocolate & raspberry pots. It also includes tools like our simple-to-use roast timer, handy weight converters, and a basic glossary of ingredients and techniques, to get you started.
All recipes and tools found in the app are available offline.
Each recipe includes nutritional information on kcals, protein, carbs, fat, saturated fat, fibre, sugar and salt per serving.
And you can set your app to display recipes in metric or imperial measurements, according to your preference.
These are the existing cookbooks available to buy from within this new app, each with over 160 recipes to try:
- Healthy - 195 recipes including Salmon & ginger fish cakes, Thai beef stir-fry and Indian butternut squash curry
- Quick - 195 recipes including Quick lamb biryani, Parmesan spring chicken and easy puds, and White chocolate & berry pudding.
- One-pot - 170 recipes including Sausage casserole with garlic toasts to One-pot mushroom & potato curry, Prosciutto & pesto fish gratin
- Cake - 170 recipes including Lemon drizzle cake, Best-ever brownies and Carrot cake with cinnamon frosting
- Seasonal - 180 recipes including Asparagus cream pasta, Peppered chicken with watercress and Slow-cooked pork & red cabbage
- Food for friends - 170 recipes including Crispy chicken with pancetta & butter beans, Cauliflower cheese & spinach pasta bake and Bakewell cheesecake
- Festive - 180 recipes including Unbelievably easy mince pies, Classic roast turkey with red wine baste and Brussels with hazelnut & orange butter
What's New in Version 1.9.1
- Updated branding
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: 29 September 2014
- Version: 1.9.1
- Size: 44.7 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: BBC Worldwide LTD
- © 2012 BBC Worldwide Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Party recipe packFree
- Healthy recipe pack£1.49
- Sandwiches cookbookFree
- One pot recipe pack£1.49
- Quick recipe pack£1.49
- Cakes recipe pack£1.49
- Food for friends recipe pack£1.49
- Festive recipe pack£1.49
- Seasonal recipe pack£1.49
- Barbecue recipes£1.49