The official BBC iPlayer Radio app for listening to BBC Radio wherever you go.
- Listen live to BBC Radio stations from across the UK and World Service
- Catch up or listen again to your favourite BBC Radio programmes
- Download programmes and podcasts to enjoy anywhere, even offline
- Browse and listen to carefully curated BBC Radio highlights and collections
- View daily schedules and categories quickly and easily
- Discover audio and video clips, including many live performances
- Wake up to and doze off to BBC Radio with a built-in alarm clock and night mode
- Chromecast and Chromecast Audio support
A network connection is required in order to access content.
When using the Apple CarPlay enabled version of the BBC iPlayer Radio app, it is your responsibility to always:
· follow safe driving practices (i.e. don’t be distracted and focus on the road at all times)
· comply with all relevant laws, traffic regulations and road signs.
To give you the best experience, this app stores some information on your device and sends some information up to the BBC Servers.
Information stored on your device includes Search history, Download history and data such as the last station or programme you played.
To provide you with your Local station we use your devices rough location. This data is sent to BBC Servers. The BBC doesn't store or further process your location data once we have found your Local station.
We save your Listen Later list and your Following list on BBC Servers to allow you to access them across devices.
For more information about the data we use and privacy please visit the BBC Radio iPlayer Apps Privacy notice at http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/radio/privacy_notice.
The app is published by BBC Media AT (BBC Media Applications Technologies Limited) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation).
Full details of BBC Media AT are available on the Companies House website at: http://data.companieshouse.gov.uk/doc/company/07100235
BBC © 2017
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read about our approach to external linking: http://www.bbc.co.uk/help/web/links/
Your feedback has been extremely helpful in creating and shaping this app. Please keep it coming by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via our Twitter account (@BBCiPlayerRadio).
We've made some important changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy and we want you to know what this means for you and your data. Find out more at https://www.bbc.co.uk/usingthebbc/your-data-matters/.
Ratings and Reviews
Would love a ‘listening history’ feature
I love this App and listen to all sorts of programmes on it. Sometimes I come across a programme I enjoy and a few days later wish to listen to another episode. Unless I can recall what day it was originally broadcast or the full title then there is no way of recalling it in this App. Now I have to download (as a reference point) anything that isn’t mainstream for fear I will never hear the conclusion! Some programmes that are broadcast appear on the App with the ‘last broadcast’ date of many years ago even though it had been broadcast recently so searching by date is hopeless. Needs to take a lead out of Amazon’s book. They keep good records of everything I have ever looked at and/or bought and leave it up to me to clear that history.
Most used app
Love this app. Use it every day multiple times. One thing I'd love to see is being able to listen to a broadcast that has been broadcast even sooner (if I could go the start of a broadcast that was already in progress that would be incredible!!). Sometimes hours have passed and it still says "sorry this episode is not available". A few hours later it then appears. Being able to download things while abroad would also be nice! I’d also like the boundaries between shows to be more precise when using catch up (when listening to the News Briefing I sometimes have to endure a minute or two of prayer of the day!! ). Other than that.. Love it! Really well done 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
* a month later my listen later function has magically reappeared, so I’m very happy :-)
I love this app, I use it every day and have done for two years with no issues, until two weeks ago when my listen later list became unavailable for no reason. I’ve tried deleting and downloading the app again, updated my phone and done the new app update, still no joy, emailed feedback, nothing. This is very frustrating!! Now I have to scroll back to three weeks previous to remember shows I want to listen to. Bring back my listen later! :-(
- BBC Media Applications Technologies Limited
- 78 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2018 BBC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.