BBC iPlayer Radio
By Media Applications Technologies Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official BBC iPlayer Radio app for listening to BBC Radio wherever you go.
- Listen live to BBC Radio stations from across the UK and World Service
- Catch up or listen again to your favourite BBC Radio programmes
- Download programmes and podcasts to enjoy anywhere, even offline
- Browse and listen to carefully curated BBC Radio highlights and collections
- View daily schedules and categories quickly and easily
- Discover audio and video clips, including many live performances
- Wake up to and doze off to BBC Radio with a built-in alarm clock and night mode
- Chromecast and Chromecast Audio support
A network connection is required in order to access content.
Your feedback has been extremely helpful in creating and shaping this app. Please keep it coming by email (email@example.com) or via our Twitter account (@BBCiPlayerRadio).
What's New in Version 2.10.0
We've added a quick play button to the home screen. One less tap to start live playback of your favourite BBC radio stations.
Thank you for your continued help and support.
Radio 4 extra would benefit from either its own app or a better interface within this app due to the nature of its content & how you have decided to present it. E.G when 15 min, afternoon, classic serial dramas or favourited, they are all grouped together with all the others. There should either be the one/s you have favourited in its own group and/or when i choose 'see all' from a particular programme it will show all of that prog not all on earth! I am aware you probably have it this way to enable listeners to find more programmes but i am put off going to these certain menus due to the search i have to do (i know its lazy but this is the world we now live in!)
I've long been a fan of this app and I find with each upgrade it just gets better. The search function is still weaker than it could be; and this latest addition of "listen live" is welcome but it would be much better if there could just be a Home button available anywhere in the app you are, much like iPhone home button will always get you home. Too much clicking back, back, back... But I love this app.
Brilliant way to access the BBC's huge radio output
The only problem I regularly encounter is that my list of favourites (which I know is fairly large) is very slow to load. Also, I wish the maximum number of displayed favourites could be larger. The recent download quality/size settings are very welcome, I only wish the maximum volume of all shows was higher.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 21 July 2016
- Version: 2.10.0
- Size: 21.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Media Applications Technologies Limited
- © 2016 BBC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.