By Media Applications Technologies Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Keep up with BBC TV and Radio on the go.
The BBC iPlayer app now lets you:
- Download TV programmes to watch on the move
- Watch and listen live over Wi-Fi and 3G
- Catch up on the past seven days
- Add shows to your Favourites so new episodes automatically stack for you to enjoy later
- Stream programmes on your TV using Apple AirPlay on iOS 5 and above
- Browse programmes by Schedule, Featured and Most Popular
What's New in Version 3.3.0
Updates in this version:
- We've improved how you resume programmes on Chromecast: now if you are casting to your TV and return to the app you will be able to pick up where you left off.
- You can now use Chromecast for simulcast programmes.
- Radio users on iPhone and iPod Touch will now be directed to the BBC iPlayer Radio app where they will experience the best of BBC Radio in an app tailored to that experience.
- A number of bug fixes.
As always please direct any feedback to @bbciplayer
It was good before and just good now. Can't notice any changes
i can't notice any difference to be honest in the new update. It's still a good app for catching up on eastenders and other program's.. But there's always room for improvement like in anything. It works fine on the iPad Air
An Utterly Ruined App. Not Worth The One Star We Are Forced To Give!
Do the powers that be ever read these comments? Surely if shouldn't take this long to repair what used to be an excellent app. Since the latest update, as many others have said, the radio does not work on iPad. The separate radio player we are directed to is clearly aimed at the iPhone and is horrible to use on iPad. Please do something about this promptly, you are alienating many loyal listeners!
This is a downgrade. Don't update!
So they finally removed half of the functionality of the app - the radio content. It was so much better having tv and radio in 1 place. Radio app is totally substandard and unintuitive (it seems to be geared to what is playing live, at the expense of hiding the schedule / on demand content behind a maze of multiple taps). It's much slower to access and find what I want to listen to. I wish I hadn't updated.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 02 April 2014
- Version: 3.3.0
- Size: 41.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Media Applications Technologies Limited
- © BBC 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.