By Media Applications Technologies Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Keep up with BBC TV on the go.
The BBC iPlayer app now lets you:
- Download TV programmes to watch on the move
- Watch live on Wi-Fi and 3G/4G
- Catch up on the past 30 days
- Add shows to your Favourites so new episodes automatically stack for you to enjoy later
- Sign in to BBC iD to share your Favourites and to resume programmes across your other devices
- Stream programmes on your TV using Apple AirPlay
- Browse programmes by Schedule, Featured and Most Popular
To give you the best experience, certain details like your Search History and Favourites may be stored on your device or securely on BBC servers.
To analyse and improve the app, it also uses technologies similar to performance cookies used by the BBC. You can alter your settings for this on your device. For more information about this and privacy, cookies and iPlayer more generally, visit the BBC iPlayer privacy FAQ page at http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/app_privacy, or the BBC’s Privacy & Cookies site at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
The app was developed by Media AT (Media Applications Technologies Limited) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation).
Full details of Media AT are available on the Companies House website at: http://data.companieshouse.gov.uk/doc/company/07100235.
What's New in Version 4.16.0
We've included a fix for a particularly nasty crash on launch plus you can now find an entire catalogue of iPlayer programmes for a channel via the A-Z option in the channel page.
Get the most out of iOS 9 and iPlayer - you can now use Spotlight search to find programmes. On top of that, you can also take advantage of 'Handoff' - so you can pick up where you left off on another iOS device.*
* We are currently investigating an issue whereby iPlayer programmes are not appearing in public Spotlight search suggestions. We will keep you informed of any further updates.
Anything we’ve missed? Let us know @bbciplayer on Twitter or facebook.com/bbciplayer
What's going on?
This app is normally great but in the past couple of days it decided to update itself and has frozen during update. Tried to delete and re install but when I hit delete button nothing happens. It's not my phone I managed to delete something else no bother and all my other apps are working fine.
Spotlight search not working
Spotlight search doesn't appear to be working for this app, it doesn't bring up any of the TV I search for. It's enabled in spotlight settings.
The spotlight search only works if you have already started watching the TV program you are searching for........ Not really v useful.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 04 February 2016
- Version: 4.16.0
- Size: 28.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Media Applications Technologies Limited
- © BBC 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.