The official BBC Sport app offers the latest sports news, live action, scores and highlights. It's the best way to follow all the latest sporting action.
- The ability to select your own personalised sports news notifications
- Receive breaking news notifications with images and videos direct to the lock screen
- Home screen displaying the top stories & analysis from across the world of sport
- Watch major sporting events live or catch up with on-demand highlights
- Create a personalised “My Sport” page, bringing together the stories, results and fixtures for the topics you love - with more than 300 topics to follow
- Set notifications for sport news for more than 150 football teams, dozens of cricket and rugby teams and every Formula 1 race
- Discover upcoming live events and access live catch-up video, audio and text commentary within the Live Guide
- Set event reminders for any upcoming live events and receive a push notification when the event starts
- Read the top sport headlines using our widget
- Cast live and on-demand video to your TV using Chromecast
- Listen to BBC Radio 5 live and BBC Radio 5 live sports extra while you browse
- Comprehensive football news, analysis, live scores, match stats and text commentaries – plus the gossip column
- Dedicated indexes for dozens of sports, including football, F1, cricket, rugby union, rugby league, tennis and golf
- Share stories and results with your friends and followers
- The BBC will be adding new features to the app and will notify you when they become available in the App Store
A network connection is required in order to access content.
Find out about your privacy rights and the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy
To give you the best experience and to enable the features listed above this app stores data around your usage of the app. You can read more about this and can turn off any or all data tracking by following the instructions in our privacy notice - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/44130693
We have updated some of our internal libraries to the latest versions, and fixed several bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Unclear voting system
This app is definitely getting better and better, but when following live coverage, we are presented with 👍🏼 and 👎🏼 voting options for item of commentary... but it’s really unclear if we are voting “Agree”/“Disagree” about the opinion being expressed, or “Like”/“Dislike” about what happened in the sporting event.
I suspect therefore we end up with fairly meaningless user interaction/feedback... let’s just take the photo you put up of the poor mechanic Kimi Raikkonen drove over. You say “Let’s hope he is OK” and this currently has 103 likes and 53 dislikes!! Presumably this is 103 people who hope he is ok and 53 who dislike what happened to him... but how do we read the voting when a commentator expresses an opinion how a football match will unfold?
I think this kind of user interaction is fantastic, but don’t be so unintuitive about it!
Terrible lag & freezing UI since last update
I don't know what's happened to this app. It worked fine UNTIL the last update on my iPad 4. But now there's a very strange bug: it constantly freezes/lags (not crashes) for 15-20sec during user inputs - attempting to scroll, menu selections, moving the time position in video playback, etc. Worst of all is this makes it impossible to move the time back-and-forth in videos or to select a specific time, such as pinpointing the start of a specific athletics event at the Commonwealth games.
I repeat: the app doesn't crash but the UI freezes constantly, rendering it near impossible to interact with the app.
Also restarting the app makes no difference and it worked well BEFORE the last update.
Pochettino has once again showed that he is Tactically poor.
Not for the first time he has thrown away a goal lead in this European Cup competition. He failed to make the changes last year against Juventus when they brought on two new subs at half time and we all know what happen next.
Surely, a side such as Spurs must work on the training ground when down to ten men or just need to shut up shop.
Pochettino must take full responsibility for this he makes the changes or as last year no changes. He sets up the team for if we had been an Italian team we would have won both games. They really know how to shut up shop.
What a pity Pochettino doesn’t learn and admit he just gets things WRONG.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.