By Media Applications Technologies Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official BBC Sport app offers the latest sports news, live action, scores and highlights.
- The ability to select your own personalised sports news alerts
- Home screen displaying the top stories & analysis from across the world of sport
- Watch major sporting events live or catch up with on-demand highlights
- Create a personalised “My Sport” page, bringing together the stories, results and fixtures for the topics you love - with more than 300 topics to follow
- Set alerts for sport news, more than 150 football teams, dozens of cricket and rugby teams and every Formula 1 race
- Discover upcoming live events and access Live and catch-up video, audio and text commentary in the Live Guide
- Set event reminders for any ‘Coming Up’ live event and receive a push notification when the event starts
- Read the top sport headlines using our widget. Swipe down on your iPhone/iPad to see the top BBC stories from the world of sport
- Cast live and on-demand video to your TV using Chromecast
- Listen to BBC Radio 5 live and BBC Radio 5 live sports extra while you browse
- Comprehensive football news, analysis, live scores, match stats and text commentaries – plus the gossip column
- Dedicated indexes for dozens of sports, including football, F1, cricket, rugby union, rugby league, tennis and golf
- Share stories and results with your friends and followers
- The BBC will be adding new features to the app and will notify you when they become available in the App Store
A network connection is required in order to access content.
What's New in Version 1.8.15
- Performance improvements and bug fixes
The trouble with this app is that there are way too many places to manage notifications. Just when you think you have muted a notification you get one from somewhere else in the app. For example mute formula 1 notifications and then u get notified in top stories. Very annoying if you want to watch a recorded programme and the app gives you the result before you get to watch it!!
The safest way is to mute all notifications which kind of defeats the object.
A classic case of trying to be too smart!!
Great app and way you can select teams and notifications. Only one improvement would be to include more into the live selection to see what is on what channel, but doubt this is possible so 4*.
Great, but could be better
Everything is really good; the quality and sound is superb of the live football, but I am more of a cricket fan so I would like to see some live cricket, not just the radio!!!🤔🤔🤔
- Category: Sports
- Updated: 18 July 2016
- Version: 1.8.15
- Size: 23.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Media Applications Technologies Limited
- © BBC 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.