By Media Applications Technologies Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official BBC Sport app offers the latest sports news, live action, scores and highlights. It's the best way to follow all the action from the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
- The ability to select your own personalised sports news alerts
- Home screen displaying the top stories & analysis from across the world of sport
- Watch major sporting events live or catch up with on-demand highlights
- Create a personalised “My Sport” page, bringing together the stories, results and fixtures for the topics you love - with more than 300 topics to follow
- Set alerts for sport news, more than 150 football teams, dozens of cricket and rugby teams, every Rio 2016 team and every Formula 1 race
- Discover upcoming live events and access Live and catch-up video, audio and text commentary in the Live Guide
- Set event reminders for any ‘Coming Up’ live event and receive a push notification when the event starts
- Read the top sport headlines using our widget. Swipe down on your iPhone/iPad to see the top BBC stories from the world of sport
- Cast live and on-demand video to your TV using Chromecast
- Listen to BBC Radio 5 live and BBC Radio 5 live sports extra while you browse
- Comprehensive football news, analysis, live scores, match stats and text commentaries – plus the gossip column
- Dedicated indexes for dozens of sports, including football, F1, cricket, rugby union, rugby league, tennis and golf
- Share stories and results with your friends and followers
- The BBC will be adding new features to the app and will notify you when they become available in the App Store
A network connection is required in order to access content.
What's New in Version 1.9.2
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
* Navigate to the Football Premier League Predictor from your Menu
I thought this would just be an app which didn't work well and the scores wouldn't update quickly etc.
I was very wrong! Very fast interface, the score updates all work and are fairly quick too. The only thing I would add is an option to set alerts for every championship (or any other league) all at once rather than having to go through every team one by one
Good but the devil is in the detail
I downloaded this app for the Olympics and it became my "go to" for quick news on favorite sports whilst at work. Whilst the results for some sports were a bit clunky to find (sailing) it was a great app for a one-stop place for all news.
My only negative is that I also keep getting notifications for sports I really don't want. It would be good to deselect, as well as select what I want to hear about.
So much info, cool facts and live events. The layout is easy to navigate and the alerts r really useful.
Loads of different sports and the home for watching the olympics when its on.
It has a dedicated page for ur favourite club and the scores r updated really quickly.
U can watch great highlights, funny videos and other cool stuff.
Alerts can tell u the line up, the goals or points or wickets and the half and full time scores.
Only thing that they could pls think about adding would be if u could watch highlights to matches like prem football/fa cup.
This is an app u must get!
- Category: Sports
- Updated: 16 August 2016
- Version: 1.9.2
- Size: 27.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Media Applications Technologies Limited
- © BBC 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.