By Media Applications Technologies Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official BBC Sport app offers the latest sports news, live action, scores and highlights. You can now create a personalised “My Sport” page, choosing from more than 300 topics to bring the news and scores that matter to you into one place.
Users can also set alerts for football/F1/cricket/rugby, watch matches and highlights, read articles & live commentaries, and follow live scores.
- Home screen displaying the top stories & analysis from across the world of sport
- Create a personalised “My Sport” page, bringing together the stories, results and fixtures for the topics you love - with more than 300 topics to follow
- Set alerts for sport news, more than 150 football teams, dozens of cricket and rugby teams, and every Formula 1 race
- Read the top sport headlines using our widget. Swipe down on your iPhone/iPad to see the top BBC stories from the world of sport
- Cast live and on-demand video to your TV using Chromecast
- Listen to BBC Radio 5 live and BBC Radio 5 live sports extra while you browse
- Watch major sporting events live or catch up with on-demand highlights
- Comprehensive football news, analysis, live scores, match stats and text commentaries – plus the gossip column
- Dedicated indexes for dozens of sports, including football, F1, cricket, rugby union, rugby league, tennis and golf
- Share stories and results with your friends and followers
- The BBC will be adding new features to the app and will notify you when they become available in the App Store
A network connection is required in order to access content.
We are aware of a download issue affecting some users. If you are unable to download the Sport app - please update to the latest version of iOS (e.g. 9.2.1). If you continue to experience issues downloading the app please email: email@example.com with details about your device, iOS version, location and whether downloading via 3G or Wi-Fi.
What's New in Version 1.8.7
- Usability & stability improvements
Best sports news app on iOS
This is without a doubt the best app for sports coverage on iOS. No ads, every sport covered, and the ability to listen to the matches live and watch reports.
The latest version seems a bit less stable than the previous one but overall if they fix that it will be ok.
Used it for years and am completely happy with it!
What is not to like? Totally free and full of information about sport, every single day! Don't understand why anyone would give it 1 star.
Very good, use it every day
One of my go to sports apps which are used to check all the stories Each day the audio and video you can access in it is brilliant, and it's very accessible
- Category: Sports
- Updated: 21 April 2016
- Version: 1.8.7
- Size: 15.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Media Applications Technologies Limited
- © BBC 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.