By BBC Media Applications Technologies Limited
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Wherever you are, and whatever your plans, you’re always prepared with the latest weather forecast from BBC Weather.
- Search for locations (automatically added to your favourites), or use your current location
- Hourly forecasts with detailed information for the next 48 hrs (UK)
- Look further ahead with 3 hourly detail (UK and International)
- Tap each hour for full detail including Pressure, Visibility and Humidity
- A day overview including Sunrise/Sunset times and UV, with Pollen and Pollution information for the UK
- Use our widget to get an at-glance view of the weather where you are. See the next hour’s forecast, and the next 5 hours in expanded view
- See any Met Office severe weather warnings issued at your location
- Swipe vertically to view all your favourite locations
- Accessibility for users of text to speech and VoiceOver
If you choose to enable the display of weather at your current location [Settings>Privacy>Location Services], the app will provide you with weather information based upon your current location. Your precise location is kept on your device, and once the app has determined the location of the closest populated location for which weather information is available, your precise location is not accessed by the BBC. No other personal data relating to you (such as a username, email address or unique device identifier) is sent to the BBC. Your information is anonymous, nevertheless the BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone in accordance with the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, available at https://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/. You can choose to disable the display of weather at your current location [Settings/Privacy/Location Services/BBC Weather], and then the app will no longer automatically detect your current location.
What's New in Version 1.5.0
We've made some improvements based on your feedback:
- Layout change: next hour's weather much more prominent
- Improved screen optimisation for larger iOS devices
Hope that helps!
App review, not weather!
We are asked to review the app - not the weather. As previous reviewers have remarked the weather here is nearly impossible to accurately forecast living on an island, but actually these guys do get it very very close most of the time. Don't blame the app or the weather forecasters, its the weather that changes!
The App - I like it. It's very clear, you can swipe across to the see the whole day broken down, the symbols are clear and easy to read. One point I have only just found is that when you search other areas, other than your own, it saves them so if you swipe up and down the screen you can easily go to and from previous area searches - a very useful idea! Great app, thanks.
Make up your mind!
The app is well designed and easy to use, but the ridiculously frequent updates make it virtually useless. When I consult a weather forecast I want to know what the weather's likely to be, and if the forecasters have no idea the display should indicate this. Trying to plan for a barbecue (or not) isn't even possible the day before with this app, which will display apparently certain sunshine and dry weather in the morning and heavy rain by the time you've come back from the shops. I know this is England - I live here - but if the truth is rain, maybe sun, possibly fog or hailstones, snow or a heatwave - and even meteorologists can't say which, let them say "no idea". We can take the truth.
Easy to use app. Very informative
Love this app. Way better than standard apple weather app you get as default on your phone
I use this app all the time. It's easy and simple to use. It's very informative and is about 95% accurate. I personally use this very good app for fishing weather and is always spot on within a hour or two. Default app has no place being on apples phone. In my opinion this should be the default app for uk customers. But don't think we important enough to apple for them to do that. Shame on you apple loading up default apps that's been on iPhones for years and never changed in their 10 year of iPhones.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 04 May 2017
- Version: 1.5.0
- Size: 49.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: BBC Media Applications Technologies Limited
- © BBC 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.