By BlackBerry Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BBM brings you together in the moment with friends and family through instant chats, voice calls, picture sharing, voice notes and more. Download the official version of BBM now.
NEW! Get a custom PIN that's exclusively yours.
Chat with friends on iPhone and other smartphones:
• BBM is always on and always connected – no app to open
• Know when messages have been delivered (D's) and read (R's)
• Say 'hello' with BBM Voice – free voice calling between BBM Contacts
• Quickly share photos, files, documents, voice notes and more
• Allow contacts to view your location live on a map, powered by Glympse
• See when contacts are responding to your message
• Emoticons for every mood and emotion let you express yourself
With BBM, what you share is yours to control:
• Timed Messages: Set how long contacts have access to messages and pictures shared in a chat before it disappears from the screen.**
• Message Retraction: 'Retract' a message to remove it from your BBM chat.*
• You choose how to share your information – BBM uses PINs instead of phone numbers or email addresses so that it's more private and you always control who can contact you
• You choose your contacts – 2-way opt-in means you have control over who is able to message you
Chat and Share with many at once:
• Groups – BBM groups help you share pictures, lists and appointments with group members. You can even be in a group with people who aren't part of your own BBM contact list.
• Multi-person chats – Invite multiple contacts to have a chat together.
• Broadcast messages – Send a message to multiple BBM contacts at one time.
BBM Channels: Join conversations happening now about the things you love.
• Create a new channel to share your thoughts, ideas and passions.
• Subscribe to an existing BBM channel to join chats with others who share your interests.
Create your own BBM profile:
• Post a profile picture using images, pictures or even animated pictures (GIFs).
• Update your status to let people know what you're up to or how you feel
Download BBM for free today.
* Data charges may apply
* While these features are designed to remove the message or picture the recipient's BBM chat view, they do not prevent recipients from capturing an image of the content by taking a screenshot or using an image capture device. Retracting a message after it has been read by the recipient will remove the message from the BBM chat view, but will not affect copies of the message that the recipient may have made prior to the message being retracted.
What's New in Version 218.104.22.168
Start chatting with your address book contacts who are already using BBM - No invite required!
We’ve bundled timed pictures, timed messages and retracted messages into a new BBM Subscription.
Broadcast messages can now be sent to specific contact categories.
Manage your Stickers - Choose which sticker packs are displayed in your Sticker Picker.
Multi-person chats can now be started from specific contact categories.
Save your chats to iCloud - perfect for switching devices or upgrading.
Improved Voice Chat experience.
You now have the option to block receiving messages from a multi-person chat.
BBM Protected Updates:
Support autopassphrase in BBM Protected Groups so users don't have to manually enter a passphrase*
Address file/picture transfer issues under BBM Protected and Protected Plus*
Improvements to Protected manual passphrase exchange*
* Requires both contacts to be running v2.8 on iOS and Android or v10.8 on BlackBerry 10
new to BBM
I've never owned a Blackberry phone but wanted an alternative to Whatsapp for general chats. If for example you use only dating and someone wants to chat on whatsapp you have to give out your number. Personally at the initial dating stages and being resonably sensible I'd much rather give someone my BBM Pin. If they turn out to be a weirdo then you haven't given out your mobile phone number. I also like the fact that you keep one Pin even if you change phone numbers. I also like the security that comes with Blackberrys servers. It's early days for me as a user, but so far so good. I have noticed you can't send more than about three pictures at once, it either
misses some out or has some lag. But overall I'm pleased and I would like to think more people would adopt BBM for privacy purposes. Especially in this modern age of information harvesting by big companies.
BBM for iOS
I've been using BBM for iOS for over a year now and my opinions haven't changed since my earlier review.
I wish the alert sound could be modified to something more noticeable, this is surely possible as Twitter and Facebook both have settings which can be adjusted.
I recently needed to reset my iPhone and reload my latest backup, all the settings, email address used for BBM ID and passwords needed re-entering, frankly I have a job remembering passwords I created a month ago let alone over a year ago - of course you don't find out you need to re-enter all these settings until you need to send a message in a hurry, as I did last week.
All content from Chats disappeared too, but I expected that, it would have been the same on a BlackBerry device
Hate it more with every update
And here i am back again to amend this review.
I just can't get used to something annoying until they add some more annoying stuff. Now subscriptions system for retracting messages and pics.
Im hating it more with every new update thanks to your greedy approach.
How come there is no option to prevent getting added to a conference or what you call it a multi person chat and when you chose to leave this chat u get back again automatically..
Well they have listened.
Very annoying notification whenever you close the app to tell you that you have forced close it.
Well it seems like blackberry has listened.
Its really annoying to see ads in such app. Thats why i really appreciate whatsapp. If i could i would pay to remove them. But i would pay once only and not the stupid subscription payment.
When is RIM going to upgrade dp quality? Dp's looks really awful in the retina iPhone screen.
Shame shame shame
I deleted someone because he sends a lot of bc's. He is no longer in my list but i still receive notifications from him. Drives me crazy. This seems to be fixed now.
Also notifications are not received until you open app. Seems fixed.
RIM there is no wonder you are losing
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 29 April 2015
- Version: 222.214.171.124
- Size: 69.8 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Developer: BlackBerry Limited
- © 2013 BlackBerry Limited. BBM and related marks are the exclusive property of BlackBerry Limited.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Timed and Retracted Messages£0.79
- Custom PIN£0.79
- BBM Romance - Sticker Pack£0.79
- Naija For Life£1.49
- No Ads£0.79
- BBM – Things you Do - Sticker Pack£0.79
- South Park – Sticker Pack£0.79
- BBM Expressions - Sticker Pack£0.79
- Mickey and Friends - Sticker Pack£1.49
- Frozen - Sticker Pack£1.49