Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period.
The key features:
- Manage your tasks
- Track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period
- Fast and easy goal tracking
- Customize to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of work intervals between long breaks
• Target number of work intervals per day
- Possibility to start/pause/skip the current interval
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Ability to edit the number of intervals
- Ability to view the amount of skipped intervals
- Ability to paste a task list from other applications
- Pie Chart reports for better estimation how much time was spent on a certain task
- 3D Touch
- Original ticking sound (optional)
- Ability to change the frequency of the Chronometer sound
- Wide range of notification sounds or vibration
- Ability to adjust the volume of the Chronometer sound
- Ability to adjust the volume of notifications
- Different alarm sounds or vibration
- Alarms sound even if the app is in the background
- Interactive notifications
- Widget in the Notification Center
- One universal app for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
- Mac version is also available
- Supports Apple Watch
- Full synchronization between iPad, iPhone and Mac
- Export to a CSV file
- No banners, no ads
Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Pro upgrade promises much but not worth it
The free version of this Pomodoro task timer is perfectly adequate. The iOS app has a few shortcomings: mostly that it won't ring if your device is switched off. It's a bit deceptive as the timer will continue to go down in the background but then it just won't ring (!) The alternative is to drain your phone's battery.
I purchase the so called Pro app for my Mac. It promised to remove ads (check) and to work across devices. Sting in that tail: you need to buy a separate license for iOS...
Cheeky is the only polite comment I could think of.
This app is great. Helps you track how much work you're doing, allows you to categorise into different tasks, set targets AND you can see it all by month or week on a graph! It really helps me get work done. Thoroughly recommend.
Only minor tweak would be there were more exciting notification when you reach your target like fireworks or something. But that it as v minor thing otherwise it's great!
Super helpful if you're willing to commit to it
It takes some discipline to get started using this app properly, but it's incredible to see how time slips away when you're being interrupted by the many distractions of our digital world. This is a great tool for taking that major step of awareness and working out how to optimise your productivity.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.