Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period. Use either your iPhone, iPad or Mac – your devices always stay in sync.
- Manage your tasks
- Track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period
- Fast and easy goal tracking
- Customize to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Ability to start, pause, or skip work interval
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Ability to edit the number of intervals
- Ability to view the amount of skipped intervals
- Pie Chart reports for better estimation how much time was spent on a certain task
- Export to a CSV file
- Ability to paste a task list from other applications
- Global hotkeys
- Optional ticking sound
- Ability to change the frequency of the Chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust the volume of the Chronometer sound
- Ability to adjust the volume of notifications
- Launch at startup option
- Syncs between iPad, iPhone and Mac*
- Also available for iPhone and iPad
* Sync with iOS devices requires Be Focused Pro for iOS, sold separately.
Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The app works well and it is the best in its kind
The app works well and it is the best in its kind. However, there are a number of things to improve. After using the app daily for over a year I wish there were more features:
1) The app for MacOS doesn't take all the functionality of a traditional computer software and instead is the same iOS app but for MacOS. There could be many more features here: a) the down and up arrows should navigate the menu. At the moment they do nothing. b) being able to multiselect activities to get a report for the selected activities.
2) The ability to group activities in groups would be a nice feature. For instance activity 1: PhD (reading), activity 2: PhD (literature review) Activity 3: PhD (writing) Activity 4: Cleaning the house. Clrealy I would want to group the first three activities to get a report for those 3 together, not individually or together with all the other activities that have nothing to do with 'PhD' in this case.
Good but could use some minor improvements..
The app works as promised. No problems there. As per the Pomodoro tequnique it’d be very useful if the app provided a way to record interruptions and even better if those interupptions were added to the reports, unfortunatley you can’t do this. Occasionally, I have lost all my completed tasks halfway through the day which is annoying. Think it has something to do with the old free version creeping along and messing things up. Space bar starts/stops the timer which is very very very annoying when using any audio app!! I press play in logic only to find that I’ve stopped the timer two hours ago! One thing that a piad app SHOULD NEVER DO, it repeatedly ask for reviews and try to sell other apps, I find that really annoying, especailly in a productivity app, and the main reason for only three stars. I do not want to be sold stuff while I’m trying to work thanks.
It helps to achiave more
I’ve been using BeFocused for more than a year for my studies at University. It really helps me to keep a record of time I invest into my studies, help me to achiave my daily targets and it provides a valuable reflecion of the ‘real-time’ I spend with studying.
The only thing I don’t like, is that they make you buy the pro version for your Mac and your Phone seperately which makes the app overpriced. Also, the sincronisation between my phone and my mac doesn’t always work which sometimes reluted in clearing my data for a day that I recorded on my Mac when I open the app on my phone.
Overall it’s a usefull app, it could be even better if it was cheaper and the synchronisation was better developed.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.