Beatwave lets you make amazing music simply by tapping. Create songs anywhere, anytime on your iPhone or iPad. No musical skills required!
Using the Beatwave grid melodies and beats can be constructed easily and quickly.
Whether you're new to music or are a pro Beatwave lets you explore sounds and create new and interesting tracks.
- Hundreds of instruments: Beatwave includes 20 great instruments with over 200 available via download from the Beatwave store.
- Built in effects: Includes 12 audio effects for endless sound variations.
- Always in key: With the Beatwave grid there are no wrong notes.
- Record and share: Share your creations to the world via Twitter, Facebook, Email or Soundcloud.
- Multiple layers: Layer up to four instruments at once to create a complex sound.
- Tweak sounds: Finely tune instruments to create your own signature sound.
- Designed for iOS8: Created exclusively for iOS8 Beatwave looks stunning on your device.
- Ringtone creation: Easily save you tracks as ringtones for your iPhone.
- Audiobus 2 support.
- Universal download for iPhone and iPad.
Watch the video to find out what it's all about: http://appcnct.me/s7
Any issues or suggestions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or @beatwaveapp on Twitter.
Fixes issue with drums not always being saved in the instrument editor.
Ratings and Reviews
Once you get used to the control of the app, it's relatively easy to pick up and get some decent phrases built just off the top of your head. Then it's a case of rearranging and making a medley out of the bars.
Hardy a professional mixing tool and tracks even with the instrument packs (of which tbh there's not nearly enough variety to make people want to shell out even small amounts of cash for packs with just a handful of samples/ instruments in each.
The free version is good for a mess around on a commute but gets boring too easily when the multitude of audio production apps available at the moment are cheap enough yet are also deep enough to completely overshadow what could be much better with more... Well more of everything really.
Super simple but a lot of fun
The free version is great for sketching out quick ideas on the move and the editor is well suited to serendipitous composing.
I'm not sure that the paid version is worth £8 given the complexity/flexibility/full feature set of some of the apps out there that cost less, but if the workflow suits you, it's only the price of a few cups of coffee.
One thing I'd definitely pay the upgrade fee for is the option to save patterns as midi files or even a midi-out from the app would great. Implement that/integration with other kit outside of its own little environment and it'd be a no-brainer for me.
Hi, I like the app and bought some of the sound packs, like it allot, however, to me there seems to be a lag between the timing of the display play head line and the audio playing. Like a beat behind the display of the midi I hear the sound, good the developer please sort this. It seems the more packs you have the more I have noticed. The telnet is bang on in other apps midi piano rolls so can't see why this is not. Would be 5stars but only 3 just because of this reason. It's annoying and throws me off planning how a melody might sound playing back.
- David Fumberger
- 129.3 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © collect3
- In-App Purchases
- Beatwave Pro 2 £9.99
- Drums £1.99
- Piano £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.