BeejiveIM for GTalk
By Beejive, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BeejiveIM for GTalk lets you access Google Talk on the go, with the proven reliability of BeejiveIM. Now you can chat with your GoogleTalk buddies anywhere you go!
Beejive's reliable and efficient networking has been tested and proven on multiple platforms. Now it is available in a dedicated iPhone app just for the GoogleTalk! Move from cellular and wifi connections seamlessly. Stay connected to your GTalk buddies after you close the application and be notified when you get a new GoogleTalk chat message through push notifications. After being out of coverage BeejiveIM for GTalk automatically reconnects and picks up where you left off.
If you want to access Google Talk on the go but don't need the multi-protocol, multi-account support of the award-winning BeejiveIM app, then this is the perfect app for you! Get all the features of BeejiveIM in a streamlined app just for GoogleTalk.
BeejiveIM for GTalk has all the major features of BeejiveIM, including:
- Reliable and efficient networking: be connected 24/7. Session timeout of up to 7 days.
- Be connected even after you close the application. Get notified instantly when you get a new message with Push Notifications.
- Send and receive files, including pictures and voice notes. View and forward received documents.
- Desktop-like instant messaging with all of your Facebook friends from an intuitive and proven interface.
- Real-time chats: quick switch between multiple simultaneous chats.
- Full Unicode support, chat in any language supported by your iPhone.
- Landscape option, type with a larger keyboard.
- Chat history: Email chat logs to save chat history.
- Hyperlink support, automatically parses links for web pages, YouTube videos, email addresses, and phone numbers.
- Native GoogleTalk emoticons support.
- Sort/group/search your buddy list.
- Buddy icon support.
- Set and update your GoogleTalk priority and resource.
- Configurable alerts, customizable sound, vibrate settings.
- Highly configurable, settings inside the application.
* Google®, GoogleTalk®, and the GoogleTalk logo are registered trademarks of Google.
* BeejiveIM for GTalk is not affiliated with nor sponsored by Google.
What's New in Version 1.6.1
- Fixed freezing bug when opening the app from a push notification
Seems to get worse and worse!
I've used this app for a few years now; I was initially impressed by it and purchased the ad-free version since, at the time, it was the best app for what I wanted.
Numerous updates later and I'm looking elsewhere - the programme requires me to sign out and back in frequently to get my messages to people (it will show me and my contacts online and messages will "send", but nobody receives them!). Just today I had to download a different app as this method has now stopped working.
The icing on the cake? I recently upgraded my phone and transferred all my data over... Now I've been reverted to the free version and my attempts to contact the company are fruitless. A shame as it showed such potential and its AIM counterpart is still competent, but I cannot recommend this.
Wobblier than a two-legged barstool
Looks and feels like a run of the mill IM client, except it additionally appears to have been written by amateurs. It bombs out with frightening regularity, and there are some curious behavioural problems related to the ads which litter the interface. I don’t mind ads on free software, but I’m not encouraged to buy the IAP which removes them when they are so incredibly badly implemented. Not only do they prove a genuine annoyance with the screen area they consume, but they are of questionable quality (many include animations designed to mimic an unread chat, which is inexcusable behaviour by the ad network) and clicking on an ad sometimes leaves you with no way back to the main interface. Got rapidly fed up and subsequently deleted it.
Needs some work
This app started out good, but various updates later, it needs some serious work. It regularly signs me back in when I've signed out, I also frequently need to sign out then in again to get messages, or to get my buddy list updated. May be fine for social use, not 100% reliable for work.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 04 March 2014
- Version: 1.6.1
- Size: 11.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: Beejive, Inc.
- © Copyright 2011, Beejive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Free BeejiveIM GT£1.49