BetterSnapTool allows you to easily manage your window positions and sizes by either dragging them to one of the screen's corners or to the top, left or right side of the screen. This enables you to easily maximize your windows, position them side by side or even resize them to quarters of the screen.
If you need even more than those standard snap areas, BetterSnapTool now allows you to create your own, custom snap areas anywhere on your display.
To be even more productive you can also set custom keyboard shortcuts in order to move and resize your windows.
Because there are so many positions available, BetterSnapTool can also pop up an overview menu from which you can select the one position you want.
You can also customize what should happen after right-clicking one of the buttons on the top left of a window.
More features included are:
• move or resize the window below the cursor while holding customizable modifier keys.
• select what happens when double-clicking a window's titlebar
BetterSnapTool is very customizable and will change the way you work with your Mac!
It supports multiple monitors, hidden docks etc..
You can change the design of the preview overlays and even set application specific snapping sizes!
BetterSnapTool works with almost every application, only some apps with non-standard windows can't be supported.
- Improved macOS compatibility and fixed issues with some third party apps.
- Improved performance, animations should now be smoother on some systems.
Ratings and Reviews
A must-have app
This app is probably the most solid piece of software I’ve had the pleasure of using - it never crashes and it never fails.
The customisation options are very good. I don’t very much like the default overlay (it's an ugly shade of blue with a white border and the corners are way too rounded) but thankfully it can be customised along with pretty much everything else.
- Rock solid - never crashes
- Highly customisable - it’s a bit overwhelming at first
- Runs completely in the background - no apps open or icons in the menu bar
- Price is very reasonable for the app’s functionality and quality
- Has option to maximise window when title bar is double clicked (returns to previous size and location when double clicked again)
- Custom keyboard shortcuts are awesome
- Windows can take up halves, thirds, two-thirds or quarters of the screen as well as being centred or moved to a corner without resizing and maximised
- Windows return to their original size if dragged away from their 'snap' location
- No option for custom window size
- Settings window can be a bit overwhelming - better separation could be implemented
Overall, I’d say this is a must have app for all users, especially those who use their Mac for any kind of work. If you’re used to most GUI Linux Distros or later versions of Windows, this app will help make you feel right at home also.
Where have you been all my life?
Finally! Someone who knows how to write software that works, that knows what it means to have a functionally correct definition, and who knows how to make a nice user interface. This is just beautiful.
I’ve wanted to organise my windows in the way BetterSnapTool does it, since I first started working with a windows OS, several decades age, and now, finally, I can do it. There is an alternative way of taming the windows mess, by putting tabs on the windows themselves - a system offered in the BeOS operating system, and also by an app in MS Windows. But the system offered here is even nicer. Some users say to ignore the advanced feature of Snap Areas … well, once you’ve done one the rest are easy, so I recommend trying it for more control.
I thoroughly recommend this app to everyone, and the price makes it a total bargain.
Wow, Why is this not already part of Apple OS!
Coming from a Windows background and using Windows as well as MAC, they way MAC OS makes you click on the green icon, to open multiple side by side windows is a real faff! I thought Apple OS was meant to be be better than windows. But in this case Windows is better. Plus i use dell display manager on my 30 inch monitor (Shame they dont release a Mac version of that! However This app really makes me happy, as I can just drag to the side and makes it work just like Windows… (I wonder if Windows has some sort of patent on that ?).
Anyways I just installed right this moment, and already it works as I expect. Will look at the other options, but so far so good.
So far so good. Just a bit annoying i have to pay for it as it should be part of the OS. But already feel it is 2.99 well spent..
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.