By Bio-Detek, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The British Heart Foundation PocketCPR provides REAL-TIME feedback and instructions on Hands-only CPR that empowers ANYONE to learn and practice CPR, so that they can be READY when seconds really count!!! The technology is the same as that used in the ZOLL PocketCPR for actual rescue from sudden cardiac arrest.
This version teaches Hands-only CPR skills according to the latest American Heart Association and European Resuscitation Council CPR and ILCOR Guidelines as published on October 18, 2010.
BHF Pocket CPR is a must-have app for anyone who wants to learn how to perform CPR with accuracy. The PocketCPR app can be used in CPR training programs and for individual practice at home or at work. It is a great tool for families to learn CPR in order to be prepared if a loved one needs their help.
• Actively utilizes the accelerometer hardware in the phone for real-time coaching and actual feedback on CPR while you are learning and practicing.
• Measures the actual rate and depth of your compressions and lets you know if you need to push faster or slower, and whether you should push harder or softer.
Other CPR prompting devices can provide instructions on CPR or encourage you on the steps and pace of CPR, but ONLY PocketCPR can:
1. Give instructions.
2. Prompt on the steps for proper Hands-only CPR.
3. AND give you REAL-TIME feedback on the chest compressions you deliver.
PocketCPR will remind you to Call for Help, to Check Responsiveness, and to perform Hands-only CPR at the correct rate and depth. The device algorithms are in complete compliance with American Heart Association and International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) guidelines.
Pocket CPR features include:
• Clear visual and audio step-by-step instructions on Hands-only CPR performance, including initial steps for the Chain of Survival.
• Precise metronome to pace chest compressions.
• Accurate ability to detect rate of actual compressions and to state visually and audibly whether to push faster or to push slower.
• Industry-proven technology to detect the depth of chest compressions.
• Audio and visual prompts to push harder or to push softer.
• Feature to detect when chest compressions have stopped and to prompt user to START CPR.
• Complete Instructions for Use.
• Ability to capture and email CPR compression data and accelerometer data allowing the user to record the quality of the CPR chest compression training.
What's New in Version 1.1.5
Updated for iPhone 5, and Vinnie Jones campaign branding.
Great new video content including an introduction by Vinnie Jones and the Minnie Vinnie video advert from the British Heart Foundation Hands-Only CPR campaign
Very good , update needed ?
I also thought I was stuck on the training CPR, touch the screen then swipe up (away from the home button) to get back to the main menu .
It's a long time since this was made, a refresh would be useful, make sure the techniques shown are still valid .
Best app ever
This has to be the best app ever, I hope I never have to use it but I know if I did it would be miles better than me just standing there with no idea what to so while some ones loved one passed away.
This App is aimed perfectly at encouraging otherwise bystanders to proactively attempt to keep a heart beating whilst awaiting an ambulance.
To top it off- there is a dedicated child's version!
Brilliant and will use on both my training courses and volunteer group-sessions :o)
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 15 November 2012
- Version: 1.1.5
- Size: 48.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Bio-Detek, Inc.
- © ZOLL Medical Corporation 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.