On more than 180 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the number 1 rated Bible App—completely free. Over 1,000 Bible versions, in hundreds of languages. Hundreds of reading plans, in over 40 languages. Add your own verse Images, highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customise your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
The Bible App lets you explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in over 775 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access (available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles and enjoy all-new skip, playback speed, and timer controls. (Audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of plans: you’ll find devotionals, as well as plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries, the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMISE YOUR BIBLE
* All-new themes let you select a colour palette for your entire Bible App experience.
* Verse Images: turn Bible verses into shareable art.
* Highlight with custom colours—just like a paper Bible.
* Bookmark passages: share, memorise, or just keep track of your favourites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
* Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
* Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s number 1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Revolutionary and life changing.
Current version has everything and more. This app is really revolutionary. The features that it offers are incredible and everything manages to work seamlessly. I have had the app for a few years and watched as it has become more and more interactive and easy to use. I've recommended it to family, friends, neighbours. Even my grandma is able to work her way around it daily. The images that can be created are a great way to maintain engagement and share the Word creatively. The carefully designed plans or courses are an amazing way to remain dedicated and discover the Word with a specific focus in mind. It is truly a pleasure to connect with the Bible using this medium so I can't even say there is no excuse but to keep up with my daily reading (or listening). There are educational videos which I have started to explore and the ability to switch between versions and languages has been great for me to facilitate understanding. I am baptized Greek Orthodox but sometimes attend Catholic Church due to the difficulties in getting my head around the archaic form of Koine Greek used in our services. Being able to review and compare the Greek with English or Spanish has been a real eye opener for me. This app really brings everything together and I honestly cannot praise it enough.
Now rather slow on iPhone 5
Very good Bible software with many different versions and languages available.
I particularly like listening to the audio bibles. So much has been made available for free so thank you! It's a bit slow though and my one criticism is when I open it I get only one Bible verse and loads of information about daily reading plans and social networking features which I don't really need. I'd rather just jump straight to the Bible text or what I was reading last time *Could you perhaps add a setting for this please? All I'm looking for is the option to start YouVersion on the "Read" tab instead of "Home"*. As a result I usually use PocketSword when I just want to quickly find a bible passage, and YouVersion when I want the NIV or other Bible version or to listen to audio.
I wrote this review in 2015 and it still applies in May 2017 except that now it's getting very slow on iPhone 5. It's a pity that basic software like this would require the most recent fastest phones to work properly - I guess Apple must take at least some of the blame for this (even the Apple calendar is slow on latest iOS!). However, PocketSword is still fast therefore it must be possible to design an app such that it doesn't slow to a crawl with an iOS upgrade on a 4-year-old phone?
Helps keep me on track
I have found this helpful and it is good to have on my phone which is normally within easy reach. Maybe I’ve not used it long enough to know how to use it and some of the things that I say I would like to see on the app are already available. If so I apologise! I would like to see a number of additional features. I would like to be able to look for passages in the Bible or read things easily by being able to consult a full Bible with maybe a good thesaurus to enable easy location. I would like podcasts by inspiring teachers that could accompany and supplement the reading plans. People like John Piper or Graham Cook etc. I would also like to see the possibility of keeping some sort of prayer diary or list - maybe one that is easily adapted to suit the needs of the people who would use it. This is a good app with perhaps the possibility of being made even better by the addition of these features. I realise it is called The Bible App but people who base their time with the Lord around it need access to the other features I have mentioned too. Perhaps in the future it could even have inspiring worship music to access too.
- 133 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2018 Life.Church
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.