BIMx IS A VIEWER APP — DOWNLOAD ONLY IF YOU WANT TO VIEW ARCHICAD MODELS ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE(S)
GRAPHISOFT's mobile BIM communication tool, BIMx, is the ultimate BIM project communication app. It features the 'BIMx Hyper-model', a unique technology for navigating the integrated drawing sheet and 3D building model, and for displaying building component information. The BIMx Hyper-model offers extremely smooth handling and outstanding performance, even for projects with complex 3D models and extensive 2D documentation. BIMx allows project stakeholders to access the complete construction documentation of buildings with the tap of a finger - even on the job site.
If you are an architect using ARCHICAD, BIMx is the perfect tool to present and/or share your designs with clients and contractors. In addition to making the whole workflow virtually hassle-free, BIMx will save you considerable money and spare you the misery that comes from printing out plans. You can unlock the unlimited BIMx PRO functionality for less than the cost of printing a single documentation set.
If you are not an architect but are involved in a construction project, just ask your architect to share the project’s BIMx Hyper-model to your iPhone/iPad.
- BIMx Hyper-model
- Google Cardboard VR support on iPhone
- Access to any building component-related BIM information
- Option to access a Hyper-model element from outside of the app*
- Fly & Walk mode
- Gravity & Egress recognition
- Location feedback during navigation
- Instant access to current room-related info
- Hyperlinked 2D & 3D
- Measure on 2D drawings or directly in a BIM model*
- Real-time 3D cutaway
- Trace 2D drawings on 3D
- AirPrint support*
- Split View Multitasking
- Photo-realistic mode
- Stereo 3D mode
- Superfast 2D documentation viewer
- Presentation mode*
* Note: To access this feature of the BIMx Hyper-model, you must purchase the 'BIMx PRO' function pack which is available as an in-app purchase. With BIMx PRO, you will gain access to the additional productivity features of all your projects.
In addition, you may share BIMx Hyper-models with your clients with the 'Sharing a Hyper-model' in-app purchase option.
Optimization for iOS 12.1 and iPad Pro
Ratings and Reviews
I think the other reviewers may have missed the point a little
This is a great little app for viewing & presenting your ArchiCAD models on your iPhone/iPad. We have even used it to send contractors views of difficult assemblies direct to their iPhone on site, which is an absolutely amazing capability when you think about it.
I've also used it to run through a project on site with a building inspector not familiar with the project - much easier than wielding large plans on a windy site I can assure you!
Yes there are some limitations, such as the inability to transfer renovation, model view options, and layer combinations.
My top requests for the next version (in addition to the above) would be the ability to read and edit annotations, measure, and of course, make use of the accelerometer /camera for navigation.
Those minor gripes aside, we love it in our practice and use it almost daily on almost every project.
A clients dream
As someone who has been involved with architectural design for over 50 years I believe this app allows those designers who use ArchiCAD an amazing way to show clients their projects in detailed 3D.
BIM Docs is what we have been waiting for.
It's a game changer and the only question I have is "why didn't anyone think about it before!"
- Graphisoft SE
- 104.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 GRAPHISOFT SE
- In-App Purchases
- BIMx PRO license £48.99
- Sharing a Hyper-model £48.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.