By Helen Ginn
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
~ Latest update uploaded 11/11/2013 ~
Biochemistry Reference is a self-contained series of articles for a wide range of biochemistry topics. With articles covering topics ranging from lipid chemistry to developmental biology, Biochemistry Reference was written with the biochemistry undergraduate or major in mind. This encyclopaedic app would be perfect to brush up on biochemistry before the start of your degree, help you with essays and support your revision right up to your last exam.
We really hope you like Biochemistry Reference. Our website has more details about the contents of the app, including a video app demonstration.
* 350 pages of concise biochemistry
* Quick-access references to essentials such as amino acid structures, sugars and the genetic code
* Cross-linking between pages to related topics
* Make your own notes on each page
* Comprehensive search function
* Search pages by relevant keywords and highlight relevant terms on page
* Temporarily switch off your iPhone/iPod touch's auto-lock to read without interruption
* Feedback page
Topics covered by the current version include:
* Amino acids and dipeptides
* Nucleic acids
* Genetic analysis
* Recombinant DNA technology
* Protein purification
* X-ray diffraction
* Nuclear magnetic resonance
* Electron microscopy
* Infrared spectroscopy
* Protein structure
* Metals in biology
* Protein-nucleic acid interactions
* Genome evolution
* DNA replication
* Citric acid cycle
* Glycogen synthesis
* Oxidative phosphorylation
* Bacterial respiratory metabolism
* Fatty acid metabolism
* Amino acid metabolism
* Bacterial nitrogen metabolism
* Developmental biology
* Sex determination
* C. elegans development
* Protein translocation
* Cell signalling
Credits: Helen Ginn & Benjamin Krishna.
What's New in Version 3.0
Some changes to Biochemistry Reference will be rolled out in a series of updates. This is the first of these planned updates. These updates concentrate on updating the content of the app and providing increased stability.
- Rewritten content for cell signalling section; major improvements to metal ions and metabolism.
- Other improvements throughout the text.
- Sections containing topics beginning with a number used to crash. This has been fixed.
- No more search crashing.
- Search functionality has been streamlined for more efficient searching.
- Viewing high resolution diagrams no longer trap you inside a topic.
- Support for iOS 7.
- Support for 4 inch iPhone screen.
- Citations no longer crash.
The app has a search function which makes it easy to use like Wikipedia. You can also 'click through' a topic to find sub-topics within, which is really helpful for making sure you cover everything in an essay.
The articles are clearly written for undergrads which makes them easier to follow than Wikipedia or primary papers. The recent update has improved the structural
Biology and metabolism sections a lot too
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 14 November 2013
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 23.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Helen Ginn
- © 2009-13 Helen Ginn
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.