By NatureGuides Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The BirdGuides app offers specially designed access to the latest UK and Ireland bird news and photos from BirdGuides.com. Quickly and easily find what scarce and rare birds are near you, or enjoy the latest wonderful photos from our contributors. Locate reported bird sightings on a map. You can also upload your sightings to us, and we'll share the data with the British Trust for Ornithology (registration required).
The BirdGuides app is free to download and use; if you have a Bird News Anywhere subscription you'll also be able to access extra details for sightings and set filters to tailor your news to fit your needs. A subscription can be bought In-App or via BirdGuides.com. An In-App subscription costs £4.99 for a period of one month, or £39.99 for one year, and will auto-renew until you cancel your subscription via your account settings.
The small print that we need to tell you:
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• Your subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
What's New in Version 1.2.0
• iOS 8 compatibility
• Support for iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+
Handy, but needs improving
The app only provides small amounts of the information that is shown on the main website, perhaps understandably, but I feel that it would be better to scrap the photo gallery and provide more sightings information instead. After all, it is supposed to be a guide to what's been found, rather than a photo identification guide to the various species.
I have to admit I am a little disappointed. I do use the main website when I'm at home, but much of the information I get from that is not available on the app when I'm out birding.
Have been using this app a long time now. But now having problems pay my subscription but still can't get details have emailed twice for assistance and none forthcoming customer service is very poor if non existent
Clunky and does not work on IOS8
Features are a bit clunky and it's not a patch on RBA's Bird Alert Pro, which although more expensive is far superior!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: 17 October 2014
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 9.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: NatureGuides Ltd.
- © BirdGuides
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bird News Anywhere£4.99
- Bird News Anywhere£44.99