The Birmingham Live app is designed to offer local news stories and articles from Birmingham to the West Midlands. Keep up to date with your favourite football and rugby teams and find out what's going on in your neighbourhood with Birmingham Live.
Read daily news and watch videos on celebrity gossip and sports from around the globe. Discover local news and sports events in West Brom, Wolves, Aston Villa or Birmingham City, all from the convenient Birmingham Live app.
Birmingham Live features:
Follow Local News Stories
- Follow breaking news and events in Birmingham, West Midlands and the rest of the world, including blogs and live video.
Check in to Local Sports Teams
- Follow your favourite football teams like West Bromwich Albion and Wolverhampton Wanderers to get the latest news and stay up to date with live local sporting events.
Breaking UK and World News
- See what’s happening in the rest of the world with sports and news coverage on West Brom, Wolves and Aston Villa, along with breaking global news stories.
Local Restaurants and Special Events
- Read up on Birmingham restaurant guides and reviews, keep up to date with local festivals, and find out what special events are happening near you.
Celebrity News and TV Guides
- Stay informed on trending TV & Film news and reviews. Find articles about your favourite celebs and read up on all the latest gossip before anyone else.
Family Fun and Other Activities
- Search for special family events at the local zoo, see the hottest theatre shows or read up on articles that feed your nostalgia. There’s plenty of fun activities to find with Birmingham Live.
The App also features:
• Force Touch allowing you to peak and pop into an article.
• Native iPad support for a better tablet experience
• The ability to follow topics that matter to you
• Follow your favourite authors like you do any topic
• Resize the article text to help with your reading experience
• The ability to read an article even when you are offline
Download the Birmingham Live app today to see what’s on and to always stay informed of the latest in local news.
For more information, visit us at http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/
To offer feedback, send an email to email@example.com
This update includes lots of behind the curtain changes, stay tuned as we are working very hard on a big release for later on this quarter.
Ratings and Reviews
Utterly hopeless, clickbait, censored tat
To call this a local news app is a travesty. Crammed with clickbait and dross stories with no relevance to the region. Crammed with ‘celebrity’ (in the loosest possible sense) tat. Milks genuine news stories for weeks at a time, multiple times a day. All with a slightly anti-authority left wing slant to appease it’s Daily Mirror owners. The very worst aspect of this app is the almost impossibly censored comment section. Now I get that there are potential issues with this but it clearly uses some sort of keyword algorithm. Which is patently broken and programmed by a frightened student. It places even the most innocuous or sensible comments under permanent review, while still allowing some to make blatantly racist or abusive comments unchecked. This is the reason it’s full of multi 3 word posts by the same authors who get around it by splitting their messages. Pointless, depressing and makes the site ultra scruffy. And don’t start me on spelling and grammar... Avoid!
Don’t challenge MIrror Group Newspapers take on the news
Mirror Group news who have created this app own scores of local Newspapers. You will find that once your register to comment on you local paper, ie Birmingham Mail,you’ll be able to make comments on papers al over the country.
If you decide to make any remark contrary to the ethos of the Centre left Labour supporting company your comment will go into moderation and effectively you will be banned.
This is what will happen if Comrade Corbyn gets elected.
Strangely the app appears to let people make fascist rascist and islamaphobic comments without any action being taken.
The quality of the articles leave a lot to be desired and to be quite honest many of these reporters will never get to work on a big national daily.
Also very very random video clips are inserted into articles that actually do not appear to have any particular relevance
Poor reporting with very poor spelling. Punctuation and grammar. They also block you making comments on news when you challenge the quality of the stories. It rarely works properly and your bias on stories is astonishing to say the least.
My biggest concern is how you apply censorship on readers comments. If you don’t like to see comments then remove the facility. Stop playing the role of the PC Police. We have enough of this already.
- Trinity Mirror Digital Media Ltd
- 108.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Trinity Mirror 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.