Bitdefender Virus Scanner
By Bitdefender SRL
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Essential security for your Mac!
Bitdefender Virus Scanner finds Mac malware as well as Windows viruses with ease. Virus Scanner will detect any infected files that you downloaded or got in your inbox, so your Mac will be safe and you won’t pass anything bad to your friends’ computer.
Grant Bitdefender Virus Scanner access to the locations on your computer that you want to scan against malware. Choose ‘Deep System Scan’ or ‘Scan Critical Locations’ to scan. The award-winning Bitdefender engines will find that piece of malware. For free!
Make sure your Mac is free of infected files. Don't put your friends and family at risk by unknowingly passing along malware.
- Detects both OS X malware and Windows viruses;
- Before a scan, it updates to detect the latest malware;
- Searches for malware even in archives and inside various types of files such as pdf, pkg, zip, rar, etc.;
- Critical locations scan - rapidly scans system areas that are prone to infections.
- Award-winning Bitdefender antivirus engines;
- Quarantines dangerous files;
- Deep system scan for all the locations the user has granted access to;
- Drag-and-drop scan of files or folders;
- Option to exclude files and folders from scan (i.e. Time Machine backups, etc.)
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Due to sandboxing in the App Store, the app has access only to the locations that the user has explicitly granted access to. Grant access to the entire disk for increased protection;
- Disinfection limited by the privileges of the user running the app;
- Doesn’t scan programs stored in memory.
What's New in Version 3.7
Plus all the great fixes from the previous version:
* better memory management
* improvement: added the option to restore from quarantine in a new location if the original path is no longer available
* 64bit application support
* performance improvements
Better than the others I tried
Had some strange Malware on my Mac, running OS Sierra. Something in my Chrome browser which the other anti-virus I had was not detecting. Went online and searched loads of pages and non of them could give me a definitive answer. Most were telling me to install some Mac Malware removing software which when I googled was worse than the issue I had.
I decided to install this and do a deep scan. It picked up the issue and without any fuss just took it off.
Now that’s what I call a no nonsense solution.
Did the job but fiddly to use
This is the second antivirus app I tried. It worked a treat, immediately finding a file that I thought was suspect. However, I couldn’t get it to access all folders and only managed minimum scan.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 04 October 2016
- Version: 3.7
- Size: 187 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Bitdefender SRL
- © 1997-2016 Bitdefender. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor