Essential security for your Mac!
Bitdefender Virus Scanner finds Mac malware as well as Windows viruses with ease. Virus Scanner will detect any infected files that you downloaded or got in your inbox, so your Mac will be safe and you won’t pass anything bad to your friends’ computer.
Grant Bitdefender Virus Scanner access to the locations on your computer that you want to scan against malware. Choose ‘Deep System Scan’ or ‘Scan Critical Locations’ to scan. The award-winning Bitdefender engines will find that piece of malware. For free!
Make sure your Mac is free of infected files. Don't put your friends and family at risk by unknowingly passing along malware.
- Detects both OS X malware and Windows viruses;
- Before a scan, it updates to detect the latest malware;
- Searches for malware even in archives and inside various types of files such as pdf, pkg, zip, rar, etc.;
- Critical locations scan - rapidly scans system areas that are prone to infections.
- Award-winning Bitdefender antivirus engines;
- Quarantines dangerous files;
- Deep system scan for all the locations the user has granted access to;
- Drag-and-drop scan of files or folders;
- Option to exclude files and folders from scan (i.e. Time Machine backups, etc.)
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Due to sandboxing in the App Store, the app has access only to the locations that the user has explicitly granted access to. Grant access to the entire disk for increased protection;
- Disinfection limited by the privileges of the user running the app;
- Doesn’t scan programs stored in memory.
• macOS Mojave support
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
So glad I found this!
And you will be too if you have an annoying adware virus on your Mac. I was so annoyed with myself for allowing my new MacBook Pro being infected with Adware. It was just randomly going to a MacKeeper site and a Adobe Flash Player download site. I thought I had uninstalled Mackeeper but I hadn’t it kept going to the site. Then I would also get a Aplle looking webpage telling me I had a virus. I did some googling and read a lot about cleaning libraries from Mackeeper files I did all this but still no joy. I then read about Bitdefender and was suspicious at first I don’t like the idea of using software to remove software but I was happy to read it had been endorsed by so many good reviews and it was on Apple’s App Store. So I downloaded it and ran the product. It found quite a few files with adware in the name which Bitdefender deleted. Ever since my Mack has been back to normal so I will be using Bitfinder from now on. Highly recommended! .
I was having alot of trouble with ads popping up on a whole new page, especially an ad for mackeeper. I then had a scare when i had an ad off ‘microsoft’ which really wasnt microsoft, telling me i had been hacked and my drives were corrupted. This was all a lie, they then asked me to pay £200 to fix the problem, from somewhere in india. Well i didn’t, as i thought it sounded dodgy.
However i came away from that situation scared and worried my laptop had viruses and had been hacked. So i got Bitdefender, best decision i have made in a while! it tells you where the problems are, and youve just got to delete them manually. Great!
Definatley recommend this to anyone worried about their computer!!
Simple, reliable, and free
Your choices with a Mac are to rely on the built in security of MacOs, install always-on security software, or else use something like this on demand scanner. The advantage with this system is that it does not slow your system or conflict with other applications and as long as you are diciplined you can update it and perform a scan every 3-4 weeks to reassure yourself that you have not allowed any dodgy software onto your system. Seems to work well, scan quickly and according to official reviews Bitdefender has one of the best scanning engines.
- Bitdefender SRL
- 308 MB
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 1997-2018 Bitdefender. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.