Essential security for your Mac!
Bitdefender Virus Scanner finds Mac malware as well as Windows viruses with ease. Virus Scanner will detect any infected files that you downloaded or got in your inbox, so your Mac will be safe and you won’t pass anything bad to your friends’ computer.
Grant Bitdefender Virus Scanner access to the locations on your computer that you want to scan against malware. Choose ‘Deep System Scan’ or ‘Scan Critical Locations’ to scan. The award-winning Bitdefender engines will find that piece of malware. For free!
Make sure your Mac is free of infected files. Don't put your friends and family at risk by unknowingly passing along malware.
- Detects both OS X malware and Windows viruses;
- Before a scan, it updates to detect the latest malware;
- Searches for malware even in archives and inside various types of files such as pdf, pkg, zip, rar, etc.;
- Critical locations scan - rapidly scans system areas that are prone to infections.
- Award-winning Bitdefender antivirus engines;
- Quarantines dangerous files;
- Deep system scan for all the locations the user has granted access to;
- Drag-and-drop scan of files or folders;
- Option to exclude files and folders from scan (i.e. Time Machine backups, etc.)
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Due to sandboxing in the App Store, the app has access only to the locations that the user has explicitly granted access to. Grant access to the entire disk for increased protection;
- Disinfection limited by the privileges of the user running the app;
- Doesn’t scan programs stored in memory.
Ratings and Reviews
I was having alot of trouble with ads popping up on a whole new page, especially an ad for mackeeper. I then had a scare when i had an ad off ‘microsoft’ which really wasnt microsoft, telling me i had been hacked and my drives were corrupted. This was all a lie, they then asked me to pay £200 to fix the problem, from somewhere in india. Well i didn’t, as i thought it sounded dodgy.
However i came away from that situation scared and worried my laptop had viruses and had been hacked. So i got Bitdefender, best decision i have made in a while! it tells you where the problems are, and youve just got to delete them manually. Great!
Definatley recommend this to anyone worried about their computer!!
Simple, reliable, and free
Your choices with a Mac are to rely on the built in security of MacOs, install always-on security software, or else use something like this on demand scanner. The advantage with this system is that it does not slow your system or conflict with other applications and as long as you are diciplined you can update it and perform a scan every 3-4 weeks to reassure yourself that you have not allowed any dodgy software onto your system. Seems to work well, scan quickly and according to official reviews Bitdefender has one of the best scanning engines.
Best Free Virus Scanner
Best app for mac, and highly suggest you get this app. I had constant pharming websites poping up and want to fix it. I tried myself, but it wasn’t working. Had a quick look on the app store and this came up. Did a quick scan and problem solved. It searches common places and places files into quarantine, for you to delete. This is free, and there is no reason to not have this. Great app, and i wish to thank the devs for this.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.