This duplicate bridge game is specially designed for beginners who want to practise bidding and play. It follows the "Bridge for All" Foundation Level Acol system recommended for students by the English Bridge Union (EBU).
As well as offering unlimited random deals, BriJ includes practice hands from the EBU "Red Book". All totally free!
At every stage the game offers hints and advice on bidding and playing the hand. There are automatic links to explain unfamiliar bridge terms, so you should never be left wondering what to do!
When you have played a hand you will see a duplicate score showing competitive results from other players. BriJ will keep a running average so you can assess your progress.
Connect up with other players. Practice bidding and playing as a partnership. Play anywhere without Internet access!
[You can also download deals and results from a session from your local bridge club. Use option "Load"; then "Web search to find deals"; find your your club site; go to your results page; touch the "Hands" tab, then touch "Download as Pbn"].
* iPhone X now supported
* Avoid using STOP cards by setting a new option (a new ACBL requirement)
* Show high card points for each visible hand by setting a new option
* Tap the table to put away tricks at the end of a round
* For club sessions, BriJ now returns to the board rotation you set most recently
* Improved stability, particularly for Bluetooth play
* Scoring for club sessions: BriJ now clears results before start of new game; scores are corrected for a club session with a rotated table
* Better response to a takeout double
* Improved inferences from others’ bids
Ratings and Reviews
Great learning tool
This really is a fantastic learning aid. Thanks a million. I'm a rooky and this is really helping me get experience on not just what to bid but why. Seriously good.
One small improvement would be the option to click through each bidders turn, because at the moment bidding of others flashes round too fast for me.
Just learning to play bridge and practise with this app nearly every day. I find it very helpful and love the fact that you can hide the hints to try to win on your own and then replay using the hints to see what you should have done!
Use it most days to keep my brain going and it's good practice.
- Helen Fordred
- 36.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Helen Fordred
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.