BJ Bridge Beginner Acol
By Helen Fordred
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
This duplicate bridge game is specially designed for beginners who want to practise bidding and play. It follows the "Bridge for All" Foundation Level system recommended for students by the English Bridge Union (EBU).
As well as offering unlimited random deals, BriJ includes practice hands from the EBU "Red Book". All totally free!
At every stage the game offers hints and advice on bidding and playing the hand. There are automatic links to explain unfamiliar bridge terms, so you should never be left wondering what to do!
When you have played a hand you will see a duplicate score showing competitive results from other players. BriJ will keep a running average so you can assess your progress.
Connect up with other players. Practice bidding and playing as a partnership. Play anywhere without Internet access!
[You can also download deals and results from a session from your local bridge club. Use option "Load"; then "Web search to find deals"; find your your club site; go to your results page; touch the "Hands" tab, then touch "Download as Pbn"].
What's New in Version 2.3
* Better Declarer-Dummy cooperation in 2nd seat
* Rule-of-20 used to avoid opening light with a weak, unsuitable hand
* Slam try bids are extended to more unusual cases
* Improved hint explanations
* Manual dealing: now saves the dealer immediately so that the hands can be played without reloading
* Manual dealing: the save deal dialog now shows the type of file PBN or LIN being saved, so you don’t have to enter the extension explicitly. Also the target folder CLUB (pbn) or TOURNAMENT (lin) is selected with a suitably constructed filename, by default
* Fix BBO single-board downloads. Now constructs the 4th hand properly when the .LIN file only shows 3 hands
* Version 2.3 uses the latest iOS 11 development system
* Other minor bug fixes
- Category: Games
- Updated: 16 October 2017
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 42.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Helen Fordred
- © Helen Fordred
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.