TalkTalk TV Player – Watch movies and TV
By TalkTalk Group
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
We're working really hard to continue improving our app. If you experience a problem, please email us on email@example.com and we'll be happy to investigate any issues straight away for you.
TalkTalk TV Player lets you watch all the TV and movies that you’ve bought through the TalkTalk TV Store website.
No subscription; only pay for what you want to watch, when you want to watch it.
- Watch the latest blockbuster movies and TV shows that you’ve purchased from the TalkTalk TV Store website, whenever you’ve got a Wi-Fi connection
- Download your content to watch when you're abroad or stuck without an internet connection. Make your commute more entertaining with TV on the go!
- Start watching on one device then pick up where you left off on another
- Chromecast support means you can enjoy all your movies and TV shows on your TV. Simply use your iPhone or iPad as the playback remote and watch the latest releases on the big screen.
- HD support for iPads
- Stream and download using mobile data on your iPhone (please check with your mobile network for any data changes that may be incurred)
If you love the latest entertainment, you'll love TalkTalk TV.
What's New in Version 5.3.200
Minor bug fixes.
In need of a refresh
Fortunately I have a Chromecast so still get to view on TV even though Apple airplay has gone. Unfortunately I own too many films on this store so desperately need a search option and, most of all, a means of sorting films. The ordering offered on the app is bizarre to say the least. It doesn't sort by most recently purchased or by most recently watched and definitely not by title.
I have invested far too much on this vendor to throw away and switch to another service so PLEASE update to include the most basic of facilities.
Tried to watch a movie. Took ages to buffer (even on super fast broadband, in SD) so thought to download it instead. Had to move to using iPad as download needed more than the 1.5gb free space on my phone. Took 30 mins to download on iPad - super slow! Finally ready to watch - tried to cast to to using chromecast and apparently that's not possible after downloading, can only be done while streaming! Ridiculous! And once downloaded, you can't go back to stream. Very disappointed.
No airplay functionality
So seems that since talktalk have taken over from Blinkbox they have stopped apple users being able to stream through airplay. This app is good if you are playing movies on iPad or iPhone but if you want to stream through Apple TV on to large screen you can't. Don't bother with this app or paying out for films if you want to stream through Apple TV on to your tv screen.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 01 December 2016
- Version: 5.3.200
- Size: 41.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: TALKTALK TELECOM LTD
- © TalkTalk
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.