***** “This is the best Wordpress App that I have used (including the official one). It is also backed by superb support. Lovely intuitive functionality, a must for the casual or more serious blogger”
BlogPad Pro is the most professional & full-featured blogging app for running ALL your WordPress and Blogger blogs from your iPad. Blog online, in airplane mode or when you don’t have an internet connection – just sync your changes when you’re done! Autosave & Conflict Management features also ensure that you won't lose or unwittingly overwrite your hard work & with the best Visual Editor (WYSIWYG) on the iPad, BlogPad Pro is the only blogging app you will ever need.
• Supports WordPress-hosted, self-hosted WordPress and Blogger blogs
• Manage multiple blogs all in one app - even with different user accounts
• Offline or airplane mode - automatically saves content locally if you don't have an internet connection to stop you losing work
• Conflict Management - never unwillingly overwrite your work (or that of others) when working on a multi-user blog or editing from different devices
• One-click sync to upload all your changes when you go back online
• View Statistics (WordPress only, requires Jetpack plugin for self-hosted blogs)
• Fantastic Visual Editor (WYSIWYG): Visually style your posts & pages - No coding required! Maintains clean HTML
• Markdown Mode - edit Posts & Pages using Markdown
• Write & edit HTML
• Dropbox integration - add images or links to other files from your Dropbox account
• TextExpander Touch support for Visual Editor, HTML & Markdown Modes, plus managing Comments
• Check, manage & reply to blog Comments on the go (WordPress only)
• Read blogs you subscribe to via your WordPress reader or browse by Tag
• Create, edit & delete Posts & Pages
• Easily find that Post, Page or Media item you're looking for with our search, filtering, sort & paging options
• Set the status of your Posts - Draft, Pending, Published, Scheduled
• Schedule publishing for Posts & Pages
• Easily add images & other media from your iPad, Dropbox, a URL, or your Media Library
• Add new & existing Tags & Categories to your blog Posts (WordPress only)
• Easily link within your own blog content for improved SEO
• Post settings - turn comments on/off, post visibility, add tags/categories, schedule a publish date
• Advanced post settings: ‘sticky’, custom fields, slug, post formats, excerpt (WordPress only)
• Add & edit Featured Images (WordPress only)
• Preview Posts & Pages (On or Offline) (WordPress only)
• Upload & link to hi-res versions of photos
• Option to automatically re-size new images
• Autosaving of Posts & Pages to your device - never lose your work
• Undo/Redo any changes
• Text Format, Font & Size
• Font foreground & highlight colour (& store your favourites)
• Bold, Italic, Strikethrough, Underline
• Align text left, right, center, justified
• Bulleted/Numbered lists
• Create hyperlinks, within your blog (searchable) or externally
• Add images, video or other media from:
- Your iPad Camera Roll
- Your WordPress Media Library (searchable)
- Camera (take a photo whilst editing)
• TextExpander Touch support for ALL modes (Visual Editor, HTML, Markdown)
• Markdown - convert Markdown to HTML & vice versa
• HTML - edit HTML manually
• Spell Checker - you can also select the spell check language independently of the app's language. Choose from: 14 languages
• Find, Search & Replace text in Visual Editor mode
• Word Count
• Table Creator, quickly create table layouts
• Indent/Outdent text
• "More Text" (splits the content of your post) - (WordPress only)
• "Next Page" (separates your posts into different pages) - (WordPress only)
• Any WordPress-hosted blog
• Self-hosted WordPress blogs running version 2.92 or higher
• Any Blogger blog
• Apple iPad running iOS 5 or later
* Fixed issue for Blogger users where Password would not be remembered
* Fixed issue with YouTube videos - we now use the latest version of YouTube's API
* Improvements to the login process for self-hosted WordPress blogs
* Added "epub" file type as a possible for upload to WordPress installs
* Fixed bug with the Visual Editor's "Show/Hide Advanced Toolbar" button
Ratings and Reviews
In need of some updates, especially for iPad Pro.
This app works well, as far as it goes. It's in the same kind of vein as MarsEdit on the Mac in that it provides a plain-text style interface to Wordpress (and Blogger) that allows you to edit the text and underlying data such as synopsis etc.
It doesn't give a WYSIWYG view, which isn't a problem for me though it would be nice. The main issue I have with it is that it hasn't been updated for the iPad Pro and so has the comedically large keyboard which definitely reduces its usefulness.
Don't know how I would manage without it
I have to blog as part of my textiles degree (online learning log). I don't know what other people mean about the WYSIWYG not translating to the blog - it's always been perfect for me. The proof is that my tutor has commented that my blog is very easy to follow - can't be much wrong with the formatting then? Wordpress GUI is horrible and this app just makes is not just usable, but a pleasure.
Ok - Needs Improvement
I downloaded this app to allow me to write blog posts from my IPad.
It has been useful in allowing me to do this, but once you go onto a laptop and view the draft post, the formatting is all over the place, so always needs re-editing.
I also wanted to use this to check stats, it does show you some, but you still need to log into your blogger account to see them all.
An OK platform but needs work.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.