By Bloomberg Finance LP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- 2012 Lovie Award for Best News App
- Best Finance App of 2011 from Apple
Listen to in-depth interviews and insightful analysis from the smartest and most influential names in Finance, Business, Economics and Investment.
Past guests have included:
- Christine Lagarde, Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund
- Dr. Mohamed El-Erian, CEO and co-CIO of Pimco
- Bill Clinton, Former United States President
- George Soros, Chairman, Soros Fund Management
Features of the app include:
- Bloomberg Radio live 24-hours a day
- Bloomberg shows and interviews available on demand
- Offline listening. Save/download shows and interviews
- Latest market data and Breaking news on companies
- Charts as they are referenced during a show or interview
- Bios of guests
- Customizable scrolling ticker
Shows available on demand include:
- Bloomberg Surveillance with Tom Keene
- The First Word with Ken Prewitt
- The Hays Advantage with Kathleen Hays
- Taking Stock with Pimm Fox and Courtney Donohoe
What's New in Version 1.2.3
Too much advertising when you switch on
I've heard about Adobe so may times as the first thing I currently get when I turn on radio is a mind-numbing over-long Adobe advert. It's so frustrating. Why not intersperse short ads from time to time rather than send the listener to sleep straight off?
Beyond that, Radio is ok if you get through to it but Live TV is better. Also I'm in London so I don't need so much local US info at the start of the U.S. Day. Perhaps there is a way to manage this but I haven't yet founded it.
Good but still...
It's good to have BBG news.
But there are still a few serious issues:
- why does this app exist at all ? Why can't we listen to BBG radio through generic radio apps like TuneIn for example ?
- why are there always all these ads so often ? With the price we pay for BBG Professional, can we not have a radio with fewer ads ?
- why can't we decide to download automatically certain parts of the program, like podcasts, to be able to listen to it offline ?
- why is BBG radio not available in Apple's Podcast app ?
A lot of ads but there's also on Bloomberg TV. Great app, no issues
- Category: News
- Updated: 09 January 2015
- Version: 1.2.3
- Size: 9.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Bloomberg Finance LP
- © Bloomberg L.P.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.