Get comprehensive access to global business, stock market and finance news, and trending topics like bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
You can customize the app to monitor your personal portfolio and receive continuous alerts on global stock positions and summarized financial, economic, and corporate information that meets the needs of the global business and financial professional.
Whether you need to monitor your stock portfolio or just want to discover breaking financial news, Bloomberg provides the news and analysis you require, whenever and wherever you need it.
- News: Featured and trending stories in Markets, Industries, Technology, Politics, Luxury, Personal Finance, Opinion and more.
- Market Data: Latest market data on your customizable portfolio and personalized for your region including Equity Indexes, Futures, Bonds, Commodities & Currencies.
- Watchlist: Easily track your portfolio by adding a security (stocks, mutual funds, ETFs, currencies, etc.) to your personal Watchlist(s).
Video: Watch Bloomberg Television Live without the need of any Cable or Satellite subscription. Watch featured videos specifically chosen for top news categories.
Audio: Listen to interviews and analysis from around the world by the smartest names in Global Finance, Business, Economics & Investment from our radio shows and podcasts.
Add the Today Widget to quickly see featured articles, markets data in your region, and a Watchlist summary with leaders and laggers.
Download the app now for accurate and concise finance news, stock market intelligence alerts and everything you need to know about currencies, commodities and futures…
Scan a news story on any website to instantly reveal relevant news and data from Bloomberg related to the companies and people in the story.
A subscription to the Bloomberg app gets you unlimited access to all Bloomberg content within the app, Apple News and on the website (after linking your account). You can start with a 30 days free trial and then a monthly subscription for $34.99/month.
Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. You may manage your subscription and auto-renew may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
◉ New video and audio player with improved controls and related content.
Ratings and Reviews
This was a one-star review, but...
I really hated this app when it replaced the old one: Bloomberg has gone low-brow with its news sections, which is a terrible shame. The reporting used to be really outstanding and, for me, that was what Bloomberg was all about. The Reuters app is now much better for proper market reporting.
But, to give them their due, the market data sections of this app are very good — the best out there I think (have recently been looking). For example, you can get a historical chart of any currency pair and even generic US, European and Japanese bond yields. No other app provides that and Bloomberg is doing it better than ever. If you want enough information to understand what is going on, this is the app for you.
So rated as what it is (a data app) rather than what is was (a news and data app), this app is five-star.
Great watchlist functionality
This is perhaps the best online portfolio tracker in terms of the breadth of market data available. And better yet, it’s free!
* top notch market data quality and coverage (ie: well outside of US markets).
* portfolios sync’d between iOS and desktop web app
* useful visualisations, eg: colour gradients to show holdings’ current P&L state
Could be improved:
* ability to group instruments within portfolios
* ability to define custom views with user-chosen columns/sort order
* full-screen chart feature requires flipping device to/from landscape isn’t v. convenient w/ a 12” iPad! There should be buttons to achieve this on iPads.
I would gladly pay a subscription for additional features such as:
* market data graphs with customisable time spans
* access to additional financials, eg: dividend history/calendar
* call level alerts
I suppose Bloomberg don’t want to cannibalise their professional subscriptions but I really think there’s a retail investor tier that would love the ability to subscribe for access to some of these features...
Still not back to previous usability.
Although it's slowly getting better it's still nowhere as useful as it was before the disastrous "upgrade. The trick still not quantified is to use both portrait and landscape modes but even then some entries show your costs and loss/profit others simply don't.
Probably the worst so called "upgrade" of any app but not surprising when you look at the age of the "team" that did it.
The app has lost every part of its usability and information and now, with its bright colours looks as if it's designed for 7 year olds. You can't blame the kids that rewrote it but the executive at Bloomberg who gave it the o.k. to release it.
- Bloomberg Finance LP
- 73.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Bloomberg L.P.
- In-App Purchases
- Bloomberg Digital Monthly £29.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.