The Blue Light Card app is brought to you by the largest provider of discounts for the UK’s Emergency Services, NHS and Armed Forces.
With thousands of offers already available within this service, this app acts as an ideal way to experience, find, remember those offers that are of particular interest to how and where you shop. We have designed the app so that all offers and features are simply a swipe or a touch away.
There are hundreds of companies ready with offers because of the service you or your family has provided the country. Big brands & local companies provide offers in local stores, online & via gift cards.
You can quickly & easily find everything you want right from the main screen. Time sensitive offers appear at the top, your virtual card and offers near me underneath. Collections of offers are a touch away underneath followed by multiple rows of companies each with offers. Extra features are positioned at the bottom. It is both visually stunning and beautifully simple.
• Search - all search features are now in a single screen. We have a new 'Search by Phrase' option, 'Companies' showing an alphabetically ordered list with quick filter and 'Search by Category' which helps you find companies and offers grouped together.
• Near Me - we have made this even easier, which is hard as it is one of the most used features. There was always a list view, but it was hard to spot - so we made it really easy.
• Favourites - now much easier to use and simple to understand, you can even change their order.
• Offer improvements - we have tweaked how we display each offer, for time limited offers we show an expiry caption that is easy to understand, for all offers we colour code and show the type of offer like High Street & Online. For offers you are likely to use in person we automatically add a quick access to your Virtual Card if you have one.
• Redeeming online offers - we have added a mini-browser with back and forward buttons so you do not accidentally come off the screen entirely (we understand how annoying that can be).
• Blue Light Card - you can get one of these directly inside the app and for members that have one we have a virtual card inside the app that you can swipe to rotate in 3D, careful, it is addictive.
• Notifications - we will keep you informed of select offers, plus when we need update you about your account.
• Shake - give your phone a shake from the home screen and we give you a random offer.
• Suggestions - we really value your ideas and your help in pointing out issues we may not yet be aware of - so we have added features in the app for you to quickly share them with us. This really is the fastest way to get things fixed or improved.
To qualify you must be:
• Police Force
• Fire Service
• Ambulance Service
• Serving Armed Forces
• HM Prison Service
• HM Armed Forces Veterans
A full list of eligible services can be found via: www.bluelightcard.co.uk
So if you are part of the Blue Light Card Community, download the app and start saving today.
We plan to provide regular app store updates throughout the year that will include support for things Apple might announce, fix problems you might find and add features we have already planned and hopefully ones you may suggest.
So please help us to continue improving our app and use the problems feature in the app or email us email@example.com.
Leave a Review
If you love what we have achieved, then please take a moment to write a review, if something doesn’t work correctly let us know directly and you can be assured it will be fixed very quickly and in your hands.
Blue Light Card, Savings for Life Savers.
- Refinement to the 'Settings' option in 'Near Me'; you are reminded that any changes affect subsequent searches
Ratings and Reviews
Unable to log in ... update... all sorted :) thanks for the reply
***Update ***: thanks very much , reset password from main website , rather than app and all sorted ...Great app 👍🏼
Can’t seem to make this app work for me , downloaded with no problems but when I go to log in , I just get the message password incorrect.
I have no problems logging in with the same password on the actual site , have reset my password and deleted and reinstalled the app with no luck .. am I doing anything wrong ? Please help
Excellent news. We are reviewing the app based password reset to see if there are any issues we can replicate, none so far, but we will continue to look. Thanks for the update. MWH
Blue light card application
Now I think the blue light card application is very good on the apple phones and it is very useful as well, as there are quite a few places where one can save money. Lastly, I thank the blue light team for creating the application or whichever person created the application as this card has really made a difference in my life so far and I am going to be saving more money in future I believe....
A Real Benefit
An amazing app! Three days into working for the NHS and I can’t wait to start using the card! Thank you
One small app change though would be good, when loading the app it would be nice if you could utilise the Touch ID especially on my iPhone, rather than opening the then pressing the sign in button!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.