Blue Note by Groovebug
By EMI Records Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience the sights and sounds of the legendary Blue Note Records, through high quality streaming audio, iconic album covers, original session photos, live performance videos, articles from around the web, historic newspapers, and hand-crafted playlists. The app is perfect for both music lovers who want to learn more about the genre, and discerning jazz aficionados who want to dig deeper.
Download the app for free to explore a wealth of content and 30 second audio clips, and use an in-app purchase to activate your subscription, giving access to a deep catalog of full length songs by the greatest jazz musicians who ever lived, such as Wayne Shorter, Dexter Gordon, and Art Blakey. There is already over a hundred hours of music for subscribers to enjoy... you’ll see in the app that there is more to come and we are currently working with rights holders to bring you even more artists and tracks.
Each month Blue Note will highlight an album, artist, article, or a featured playlist compiled by musicians, journalists, and other jazz experts.
Apple TV owners will delight in the use of AirPlay mirroring and the slideshow feature. Continue to navigate through the app as an animated slideshow displays original session photos of the artist currently playing through your Apple TV.
• Access over a thousand songs right now
• New music added monthly
• Customizable playlists
• Dedicate songs to Facebook friends
• Join song discussions
• Detailed liner notes and album info
• Photo galleries and slideshow
• Historic newspaper articles
• ...and much more
Blue Note by Groovebug offers a subscription music service. Buy your subscription with In-App Purchases for $1.99 (US)/£1.49 (UK) per month, renewing automatically within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the same rate.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the device's Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
• Best Apps This Week - The Guardian
• "A wonderful experience through the legendary jazz label's storied history" - Billboard
• “We won’t lie: This app has us jazzed.” - MacWorld
• “A nice combination of fun, learning, and listening, offering plenty in the free version, and a nice value in the premium version” - Evolver.fm
• “It looks good, works great, and it delivers the quality of the music you might expect from Blue Note”- The Mac Observer
• "Great for music lovers who want to learn more about jazz, as well as discerning aficionados who need to dig deeper" - Appolicious
• "The app performs beautifully and is frankly a jazz geek's dream." - Mobiledia
What's New in Version 1.4.1
• Gapless playback and numerous improvements to playback performance
• New fully flattened design
• Reply to and like comments
• Get notified when people interact with your comments
• Landscape orientation for videos and articles (iPhone only)
• Redesigned "now playing" screen (iPhone only)
• Redesigned album page header (iPhone only)
• Choose merge strategy after you switch iCloud accounts
• Fixed streaming issue when app is in background and internet cuts out
• Fixed rare crash on startup
Blue Note magnificance
All app deveopers out there, this is an app!
The standard by which all others should be judged.
Thank you guys i once owned a decent Blue Note LP collection and got rid of it when vinyl died-what a fool i was. Now i have access to the best music catalogue on the web.
This was my first music app. Tried many others but this is so hard to beat. It's all I need.
Top class. All very good music, I wished we had a classical one from one of the big music companies.
I own a brand new iphone and iPad air and this app refuses to open most if the time. I contacted the developers and never heard back.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 26 August 2013
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 14.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: EMI Records Limited
- © EMI Group Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Blue Note Premium£1.49