BMJ Best Practice
By BMJ Group
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Fast and easy access to the latest evidence based information on diagnosis and treatment for healthcare professionals.
To access this companion app you will need to have a valid subscription to BMJ Best Practice website and app, and a personal account.
How to download this companion app:
My institution has provided access:
1. Access the BMJ Best Practice website using your usual method of access (Institution's network, OpenAthens, Shibboleth or Access Code). If unsure, please speak to your librarian or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Once you have accessed the BMJ Best Practice website, you'll see a box at the top of the screen, click Register for a personal account or Log in if you already have one. Use these ‘personal account’ details to download the app content here in the app store.
I have a personal BMJ Best Practice subscription:
1. Login to the BMJ Best Practice website ensure your account is active. These are your 'personal account' details.
2. You can then use these details to sign in and download the content here in the app store.
This app is available to those who already have access to BMJ Best Practice and is not sold separately.
Whether you're on the ward, at home, or studying, BMJ Best Practice gives you trusted decision support information in an instant.
Benefits of subscription include:
- Access to the latest evidence and expert opinion on thousands of conditions, their diagnosis and treatment
- Links to over 6,000 international practice guidelines
- Over 20,000 drug references and approx 70,000 citations
- Daily content updates
- Ability to get the right information, whenever and wherever you need it, with online and offline access
- Fast download and updating performance
If you have a question or want to provide feedback, please contact us at email@example.com. Thank you!
What's New in Version 1.4.1
This is our most significant release since the app launched in the beginning of 2017.
Improved navigation to increase speed to answer:
User feedback highlighted the need for a browse function alongside the search capability. We have introduced a new global navigation which includes the addition of a specialty browse; recently viewed topics and calculators.
Addition of Cochrane Clinical Answers (CCAs) and Important updates and 250+ evidence-based calculators.
It is an app I refer to for upgrading my my knowledge. Every topic I have wanted from mental health to general and cancer has bee very favourable written. The information is reliable and from relevant sources. It also stirs my thinking and allows room fro research. I highly recommend this app. You will not be disappointed regardless of your field of practice or learning.
Best second opinion support tool
This is the best mHealth decision support tool I have found.
It links to Cochrane evidence too.
Highly recommended for clinicians and academics alike.
Good tool for medical students on the ward, particularly as it's all available offline
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 31 July 2017
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 35.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: BMJ Publishing Group Limited
- © BMJ Group Ltd 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.