With remote controls and more, BMW Connected puts your BMW in your pocket. Optimised for 2014 and newer vehicles, the app lets you:
• STAY IN CONTROL: Lock or unlock your BMW and activate the climate control, anytime and anywhere
• PLAN AHEAD: Send destinations from the app to your in-car navigation system with one tap
• FIND YOUR CAR: Never forget where you parked your BMW
• BE RELAXED & ON TIME: Schedule trips, get alerted when to leave based on traffic and find parking nearby
• BE EFFICIENT: For BMW i owners, track your driving efficiency and manage battery charging
• DO MORE: Access Roadside Assistance, schedule service appointments, and connect via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant (in select markets)
BMW Connected is optimised for 2014 and newer vehicles. While the app’s features will function as expected on many 2013 and earlier vehicles, some vehicles may be incompatible with certain services.
Usage of the app is based on the general contractual and usage conditions for BMW ConnectedDrive. For further information on the wide range of services offered by BMW ConnectedDrive and BMW Connected, please also consult our webpages at www.bmw.com/connecteddrive and www.bmw.com/getconnected. Please refer to www.bmw.com/bluetooth regarding the compatibility of your smartphone with BMW cars.
A mobile Internet connection is required. This can lead to costs (for example due to roaming) in accordance with the contract established between the customer and the network operator.
Please observe national requirements and conditions specific to the country you are in. For the aforementioned reasons, BMW is unable to warranty unrestricted compatibility and functionality of your mobile device in combination with the vehicle interface. The application is displayed in the car in the language configured for the vehicle.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life. If you experience significant battery drain while using BMW Connected, select the lower battery usage option in the Settings menu.
This version includes minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
No longer works on my iPad
This APP used to work on an iPad but the APP Store writes that it’s no longer supported on that device. Why not BMW? It’s inconvenient to have to plan a complex route on an iPhone, so much easier on an iPad so come on rewrite the latest software to work on both devices. It can’t be that difficult surely?
In response you’ve posted a reply dated before I gave my review. How ridiculous is that? Before you ask me, my iPad is up to date software-wise so please don’t use that excuse. If you’re going to reply then explain why it doesn’t work. Was it deliberately not designed for an iPad? If it was an oversight & you are working to correct it then tell us please. That way we may be sympathetic towards you. Just don’t issue bland responses that explain nothing.
Several months later the App still doesn’t work on a iPad. That’s really considerate of you BMW. It’s not as if it’s convenient to use on an iPhone as I wrote in my previous review. Fix it please or I might be persuaded to change my car to another premium manufacturer’s.
Hello, sorry to hear you've had issues with device support, and thanks for letting us know. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration. -BMW Connected Team
Recent update needs sorted!!
I use this app all the time and would give it 5 stars, if it works all the time. The send destination to vehicle function has stopped working with the new update! Great way to improve on it, stop it working!!! The developer response, has made me remove some stars! “Some vehicles with older technology” it worked fine with my £35k, vehicle with older technology, until the last update. This is not an issue with the car, it is one with the app!!! And to add, I can now no longer lock or open my car, since the update! 48hrs later, app still spinning, telling me its contacting 530d! An app that was good, is now literally useless and if that has been done to accommodate newer models and the different systems used. I will NEVER buy another BMW. Less than 12 months after buying 2 BMW’s, the tech is old and things that I took into consideration when spending over 50K on cars is now obsolete! This is as Ridiculous as the response from the developer! Great way to loose business!!
Hi BlazinAly. Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, some models with older technology do require a USB connection in order to send destinations to the navigation system. -BMW Connected Team
The concept of the application is ideal. What in real life the app is not very practical. That particular features about the application that I do not enjoy such as how the application automatically switches to your attention once the phone has been connected to the car and take you off any of the other applications that you are currently using. Another feature that I’m not a fan of is the map feature, the maps does not Recognise simple places of interest and you have to type out a full address to get the accurate location that you want to go to the search is this engine is not very good at all! The app should have multiple versions as the majority of the addresses that the navigation Paul’s up or either in your red Eastern Europe or in America this is not ideal as I live in the UK that I just need serious improvement to complete this brand.
Hi Arnold77124. Thanks for your feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve the app for a better user experience. We'll pass on these suggestions to our Product team for future consideration. -BMW Connected Team
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
- 290.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.