BMW Connected makes your on-the-go lifestyle effortless. Optimised for 2014 and newer vehicles, the app learns your preferences over time and lets you:
• STAY IN CONTROL: Lock or unlock your BMW and activate the climate control, anytime and anywhere
• PLAN AHEAD: Send destinations from the app to your in-car navigation system with one tap
• FIND YOUR CAR: Never forget where you parked your BMW
• BE RELAXED & ON TIME: Schedule trips, get alerted when to leave based on traffic and find parking nearby
• BE EFFICIENT: For BMW i owners, track your driving efficiency and manage battery charging
• DO MORE: Access Roadside Assistance, schedule service appointments, and connect via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant (in select markets)
BMW Connected is optimised for 2014 and newer vehicles. While the app’s features will function as expected on many 2013 and earlier vehicles, some vehicles may be incompatible with certain services.
Usage of the app is based on the general contractual and usage conditions for BMW ConnectedDrive. For further information on the wide range of services offered by BMW ConnectedDrive and BMW Connected, please also consult our webpages at www.bmw.com/connecteddrive and www.bmw.com/getconnected. Please refer to www.bmw.com/bluetooth regarding the compatibility of your smartphone with BMW cars.
A mobile Internet connection is required. This can lead to costs (for example due to roaming) in accordance with the contract established between the customer and the network operator.
Please observe national requirements and conditions specific to the country you are in. For the aforementioned reasons, BMW is unable to warranty unrestricted compatibility and functionality of your mobile device in combination with the vehicle interface. The application is displayed in the car in the language configured for the vehicle.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life. If you experience significant battery drain while using BMW Connected, select the lower battery usage option in the Settings menu.
Thanks to your feedback, this version includes:
• Control your home’s lights, thermostat, and other compatible smart home devices from the in-car screen (USA, UK, and Ireland only; requires a BMW Connected+ subscription).
• For new car purchases, “My Car Is Born” enables you to see the progress of your vehicle as it is being built and delivered to you (Germany, France, and Italy only).
• Get access to the BMW ConnectedDrive Store via the BMW Connected app. View and renew your active BMW service subscriptions, and discover other available services that are relevant to you.
• Enjoy easier access to BMW news and services on the redesigned Hub tab.
• Start trips even faster on the simplified Destination Details screen.
• Minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
Enjoy BMW Connected, and please keep sharing your feedback from within the app. We’ll continue to use your input to make the app more valuable to you with each release.
Ratings and Reviews
Not practical, useless
IT part and particularly this app makes YUGE damage to BMW brand. Car is great and drives well, but technology part is outdated, not intuitive, data transfer via build in SIM card (in my case 3G) is horribly slow. So, better to use iPhone and Waze for navigation. Apple maps database is poor and doesn't find lot of businesses. No option to look up my contacts from application how it was in old version. Every time when connected to car I have to login and every time I see message about safe driving, so instead of paying attention to driving I have to use my finger print or enter PIN , then go through safety message. Location "always" option drains phones battery very fast, please make option use location while using app. Information about fuel level is not available. Vehicle finder is useless because of distance limitations. In App distance shown in miles only, I drive a lot in France and Germany and need kilometers option. Please make it global and let me choose miles/kilometers. This is strange that BMW apps got lot of negative reviews and complaints over couple of recent years and this company continues to ignore loyal customers.
Sending navigation info remotely
I also had the problem of the navigation message being received by the car but no clickable flag icon for destination. Help line suggested software update to the car - duly done, no improvement. The previous APP worked perfectly but is no longer on the iPhone store.
Update - software update on the car has already been done by the local BMW dealer. The dealer tech couldn't get the feature to work either. Very occasionally, the navigation flag appears in the message and can be used successfully but mostly there's no nav flag in the message. The tech also added that the Remote Ventilation feature is no longer supported. It doesn't work for me now but used to with the previous, now unavailable app.
Seems to work if there's a street/house number but not otherwise. e.g. a search in-app for Cheltenham Hospital will return a hit but no nav info is sent to the car (There is no street number given in the hospital's official address).
Hi Jay299uk. You likely need to refresh your data connection. From the ConnectedDrive menu in your car press the Option button and select Update BMW Services (or Update BMW Assist). Wait for the Data Transfer Completed message, then press OK. Log out of the BMW Connected app on your phone, then log back in. -BMW Connected Team
Basic and buggy but could be so much better
I own an i3 so there's a lot this app could do so much better. For a start, for an all electric vehicle, knowing where charge points are is as important as knowing where a park is. Yet I can't search for a charge point near my destination. In fact, I can't search for a charge point anywhere other than in my immediate vicinity.
I also expected the app to help with route planning, especially for long journeys but it really isn't aimed at EVs. I can't select from route options, traffic hotspots, or plan stages to a journey, including charge point stopovers. In this regard it's quite a few years behind where it should be.
I really do expect this app should be everything I can get from using Apple Maps (or other equivalents) plus all of the specialised extras to support being an EV, and those should be deeply integrated, not an add-on. Bring in the next version with a good ground up functional rethink asap please.
Hi Whatbeginswitht, thank you for your valuable feedback. Your suggestions for more functionality with electric vehicles on BMW Connected has been passed along to the Product team for future consideration. -BMW Connected Team
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
- 264.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.