With remote controls and more, BMW Connected puts your BMW in your pocket. Optimised for 2014 and newer vehicles, the app lets you:
• STAY IN CONTROL: Lock or unlock your BMW and activate the climate control, anytime and anywhere
• PLAN AHEAD: Send destinations from the app to your in-car navigation system with one tap
• FIND YOUR CAR: Never forget where you parked your BMW
• BE RELAXED & ON TIME: Schedule trips, get alerted when to leave based on traffic and find parking nearby
• BE EFFICIENT: For BMW i owners, track your driving efficiency and manage battery charging
• DO MORE: Access Roadside Assistance, schedule service appointments, and connect via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant (in select markets)
BMW Connected is optimised for 2014 and newer vehicles. While the app’s features will function as expected on many 2013 and earlier vehicles, some vehicles may be incompatible with certain services.
Usage of the app is based on the general contractual and usage conditions for BMW ConnectedDrive. For further information on the wide range of services offered by BMW ConnectedDrive and BMW Connected, please also consult our webpages at www.bmw.com/connecteddrive and www.bmw.com/getconnected. Please refer to www.bmw.com/bluetooth regarding the compatibility of your smartphone with BMW cars.
A mobile Internet connection is required. This can lead to costs (for example due to roaming) in accordance with the contract established between the customer and the network operator.
Please observe national requirements and conditions specific to the country you are in. For the aforementioned reasons, BMW is unable to warranty unrestricted compatibility and functionality of your mobile device in combination with the vehicle interface. The application is displayed in the car in the language configured for the vehicle.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life. If you experience significant battery drain while using BMW Connected, select the lower battery usage option in the Settings menu.
Thanks to your feedback, this version includes the following updates:
• Enjoy the convenience of Amazon Alexa in your car just like you would at home (for select markets and models; requires an Amazon account).
• Get prompted to activate your BMW’s climate control or ventilation (depending on your vehicle’s capabilities) before your next trip.
• Access your BMW Financial Services account directly from the app and stay connected with payment confirmations and reminders (USA only).
• Get notified if your vehicle is subject to a recall, then see more details and schedule or request a dealer appointment in the app.
• Making a service appointment is now even easier with a newly designed in-app scheduling process (for select markets only).
• View upcoming service appointments with your Preferred Dealer on the Hub tab (for appointments scheduled via the app).
• The “Save for Later” feature is now “Favourites” - keep a list of your favourite destinations in the app, and schedule a trip or send them to your vehicle when needed.
• Minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
Plus, for the all-new BMW X5 (and the forthcoming 3 Series):
• Remote Engine Start - heat or cool your car by starting the engine from the app, either immediately or at a scheduled time (USA and Canada only, with an additional service subscription).
• While on the road, passengers can now see current trip info and adjust your BMW’s climate control and media from their phones via the new Connected Command feature.
Enjoy BMW Connected, and please keep sharing your feedback from within the app. We’ll continue to use your input to make the app more valuable to you with each release.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice idea but seems to be broken at the moment
I recently downloaded this app to accompany the purchase of a BMW i3. You start by entering your VIN number and it will identify and customise the app for your car. It has some nice features, particularly the ability to see the charging status (and schedule charging). You can also check whether the car is locked, windows securely up, and if you’ve enabled GPS tracking in your car you can see where it’s parked on a map - a handy security feature.
You can also use the app to search for destination and send them to the car for navigation.
However, the app has difficulties communicating with the car/server. Often, you’ll start charging your car, the app will tell you the percentage of current charge, and estimate a time when charging will be complete (100%). There is a “last updated” time which indicates when the app last communicated with the car to get its current charge percentage... but it seems the app has difficulty communicating with the car, resulting in the last updated time stuck in the past. Thus the app becomes more of a frustration than a companion.
Reading other reviews, it seems the last update of the app has broken a few things, and the developer has responded to a few reviews acknowledging a problem and promising a fix soon - good news. If the problems are fixed, I’ll revisit and amend this review.
Something is definitely not right
Changed the phone and ever since have constant issues with this app. Firstly, it completely lost my credentials and disconnected from the car. I had to readd the car, which resulted in loss of my car registration number (now far only shows the model) and it looks like some of the options disappeared as well. Secondly, app is very unstable. Prior to changing the phone it was not always connecting to the car which is extremely frustrating for something that simple. Now it does that at weirdest times, for no apparent reason. It keeps logging me out as well, again for Jo apparent reason. BMW is not a random cheap car, and I expected more quality for something that simple. It should be sorted asap.
Developer Response ,
Hi Roktia616. Thanks for sharing your BMW Connected experience with us, and sorry to hear you've experienced some frustration with the app. We'll pass your feedback along to our Development team for further consideration. -BMW Connected Team
Not very intuitive to setup / first use
App and Car comms seem to have sorted themselves out after four days since delivery. I found I had to setup my account and register the vehicle online before the app would recognise the vehicles VIN number, this wasn’t intuitive. Even after registering the car to the phone and connecting the car and phone it didn’t seem to be working the way I imagined it should, but that does now seem to have been fixed. Now I’m using the app I can see some advantages in the ability to pre programme journeys, monitoring mileage and fuel levels as well as servicing aspects.
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
- 257.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch) and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
English, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.