The BMW i Remote app enables BMW i3 / i8 owners to have direct communication with their vehicle at anytime and anyplace. As part of the specially designed range of BMW i ConnectedDrive Services the BMW i Remote app provides an extension of your BMW i3 / i8 on your smartphone to deliver a fully networked driving experience.
Functions that can be performed with the BMW i Remote App include (they may vary from market to market):
• Display of battery charge status and available vehicle range
• Start charging, stop charging or program charging based on departure times
• Search for points of interest (POI) and locate charging stations
• Send address information including charging stations to the vehicle
• Access the Dynamic Range Map to check if locations can be reached based on charge status
• Remote Services for vehicle lock, unlock or pre-conditioning of interior temperature
• Measure the efficiency of previous journeys and share with the BMW i community
• Check on vehicle condition and servicing requirements
Please note that the BMW i Remote App can only be used in conjunction with a BMW i vehicle that has an active BMW ConnectedDrive contract and Remote Services configured within the BMW ConnectedDrive customer portal
For more information about BMW i please visit
For more information about BMW ConnectedDrive please visit
BMW i Remote App
This version includes minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, a few builds
Great app, you can review real time state of charge and charge end time. This is accurate and updates as the car charges if it was slightly out due to climatic conditions on the day. The timers for preconditioning etc work well. The app is smart as it sends an update every time you switch the car off, so for updates you only need to message the server rather than locate the car. You can send directions to the car and locate it on the map which is actually really neat if you have ever lost your car in a big car park!
A few builds; it would be great to be able to switch on the heated mirrors with the preconditioning and have an option for the heated seats as well. That way on freezing mornings you could have everything warmed up on the mains electricity ready to go rather than just the car internals.
I would also add the ability to sound the horn remotely so if trying to locate your car you can have an audio prompt as well as the visual from being able to flash the lights remotely.
If you like an app that works one minute, doesn’t the next, won’t find the car, won’t connect to the server or keeps logging you out and updating and forgetting all your settings then this is the app for you. I do love the fact that when you log in, if you can log in as the app often refuses the password even though it’s right and works on the connected website, you don’t always know what you are going to be greeted with! Is is going to work! Is it going to locate the vehicle, will it connect to the server so you can pre heat the car? You just never know! Then every so often you get the update that you didn’t know was coming or for that fact it’s already updated itself, it wipes all your settings and it’s like installing it from new!
Keep your life simpler and don’t bother downloading this app that all it does is waste your time. 10 out of 10 for the developers efforts, 1 out of 10 for the results!
Could be brilliant...
If it worked as it should it would be great. However there are a number of issues. The app regularly fails to connect to the server making it impossible to start preconditioning or alter the timer for preconditioning. Sometimes it won’t connect because it insists the car is moving, when it quite clearly is parked. The status updates are pretty useless as it generally only gives you the status from the time you last left the car. This doesn’t help with working out battery and available mileage etc when it’s not taking into account the current temperatures.
My husband makes apps for a living and is shocked at how unreliable this app is. There is no excuse for the issues this app has, it’s not overly complicated and should work way better than it does.
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
- 56 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2013 Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW AG). All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.