BMW i Remote
By BMW GROUP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The BMW i Remote app enables BMW i3 / i8 owners to have direct communication with their vehicle at anytime and anyplace. As part of the specially designed range of BMW i ConnectedDrive Services the BMW i Remote app provides an extension of your BMW i3 / i8 on your smartphone to deliver a fully networked driving experience.
Functions that can be performed with the BMW i Remote App include (they may vary from market to market):
• Display of battery charge status and available vehicle range
• Start charging, stop charging or program charging based on departure times
• Search for points of interest (POI) and locate charging stations
• Send address information including charging stations to the vehicle
• Access the Dynamic Range Map to check if locations can be reached based on charge status
• Remote Services for vehicle lock, unlock or pre-conditioning of interior temperature
• Measure the efficiency of previous journeys and share with the BMW i community
• Check on vehicle condition and servicing requirements
Please note that the BMW i Remote App can only be used in conjunction with a BMW i vehicle that has an active BMW ConnectedDrive contract and Remote Services configured within the BMW ConnectedDrive customer portal
For more information about BMW i please visit
For more information about BMW ConnectedDrive please visit
BMW i Remote App
What's New in Version 2.0
• Sporadic logouts have been fixed
• Improved stability of Remote Services
• Improved search for Charging Stations
Great app, a few builds
Great app, you can review real time state of charge and charge end time. This is accurate and updates as the car charges if it was slightly out due to climatic conditions on the day. The timers for preconditioning etc work well. The app is smart as it sends an update every time you switch it off, so for updates you only need to message the server rather than locate the car. You can send directions to the car and locate it on the map which is actually really neat if you have ever lost your car in a big car park!
A few builds; it would be great to be able to switch on the heated mirrors with the preconditioning and have an option for the heated seats as well. That way on freezing mornings you could have everything warmed up on the mains electricity ready to go rather than just the car internals.
I would also add the ability to sound the horn remotely so if trying to locate your car you can have an audio prompt as well as the visual from being able to flash the lights remotely.
BMW under promise and over deliver
As with all new technologies the early pioneers get the highest highs and a few compromises along the way.
My i3 is incredible and ultimately under promise and over delivers.
This app with evolve and improve as the electric community evolves. It's handy but not indispensable. To be connected to my evening charge is valuable, the understand how to drive more efficiently is addictive.
Ultimately, a few improvements needed around screen resolution and speed but there are few other cars with apps as detailed and well thought out as this.
Thanks BMW. Looking forward to my electric future with you.
Was good - now rubbish
This app was great until the April upgrade. Now it is useless, it shows the status of the car hours ago. It used to be up to the minute and I could be in a motorway services cafe and check on the charging status of the car in real time, which was fantastic. But now after upgrading it is hours out of date and thus useless. I hope to God the same software people who wrote this app did not write the cars software. Let us hope we can get the app replaced soon.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 14 April 2016
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 64.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
- Copyright © 2013 Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW AG). All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.