By Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BNF Publications have developed an app that gives up-to-date offline reference to the British National Formulary (BNF) and the British National Formulary for Children (BNFC). Aimed at UK NHS healthcare professionals involved with prescribing, monitoring, supplying and administering medicines; the app provides essential information on the selection of safe and effective medicines for individual patients.
Please read the app Terms and Conditions [http://www.bnf.org/products/bnfbnfcapp/bnf-bnf-app-terms-and-conditions/] carefully before using this mobile application. Downloading the app will indicate your acceptance. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you may not use the app.
· Offline browsing and searching of content of the BNF and BNFC
· The ability to switch between adult and child content
· Autocomplete search with navigation panes for treatment summaries, drug monographs and medicinal products
· Powerful interactions checker
· Clinical content updated every month
· Update notifications when a new update is available
· Optimised for iPhones and iPads
What's New in Version 1.2.4
The August update contains 6 significant changes, 1 dose change and 9 new preparations. No preparations were deleted.
Simplistic UI and huge improvement
So far I haven't found any flaws to using this over the paper BNF
Love this version of BNF
So far easy to use and no complaints. I work in mental health and use this on a day to day basis. Happy with the app. Great application and supports practice.
Very frustrating as does not have any nutrition supplements i.e. Fresubin. Have to revert back to old BNF app. Also is it possible to have adult and children doses in different colours for easy identification?
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 15 August 2017
- Version: 1.2.4
- Size: 160 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
- © 2017 BMJ Group, RCPCH Publications Ltd and the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.