BNF Publications have developed an app that gives up-to-date offline reference to the British National Formulary (BNF) and the British National Formulary for Children (BNFC). Aimed at UK NHS healthcare professionals involved with prescribing, monitoring, supplying and administering medicines; the app provides essential information on the selection of safe and effective medicines for individual patients.
Please read the app Terms and Conditions [http://www.bnf.org/products/bnfbnfcapp/bnf-bnf-app-terms-and-conditions/] carefully before using this mobile application. Downloading the app will indicate your acceptance. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you may not use the app.
· Offline browsing and searching of content of the BNF and BNFC
· The ability to switch between adult and child content
· Autocomplete search with navigation panes for treatment summaries, drug monographs and medicinal products
· Powerful interactions checker
· Clinical content updated every month
· Update notifications when a new update is available
· Optimised for iPhones and iPads
An amendment to the side effects and interactions content.
Ratings and Reviews
Useful, Rich and Easy to Use Resource
This is a great reference of not just drugs but also medical devices, borderline substances and wound care.
The information is presented in clear, colourful ways that makes it easy to read and quick to find. There a some great extra features too such as the custom-built drug interaction section e.g. You can select more than one drug to check compatibility rather than just scrolling through a massive list of one selected drug.
Overall a very useful, well laid out and extensive medical resource.
As a pharmacist I am using the app on everyday basis and I cannot complain. Would be great on top of current content get a little bit of inspiration from apps made by Mediately which provide more tools and also look at American Medscape. Also any correlation with NICE guidelines or some interesting articles, would be nice to have everything integrated and merged within one app. But as said. Compared to paper BNF this works faster and is much more practical to use.
I want more
This app is great, as a student nurse it is really helpful for learning about medications, however, I wish there was a “favourites” option that I can bookmark drugs I’ve come across before, and go home and really read up on them. At the moment I write it down on paper, that has a tendency to get lost. And hopefully I’ll be able to sort the medication list ‘A-Z’/ ‘recently added’ in favourites, that would be helpful.
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
- 100.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 BMJ Group, RCPCH Publications Ltd and the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.