Nautical charts for cruising, fishing, sailing and diving! BOAT SAFER, FISH SMARTER with the same detailed marine & lake charts and advanced features as on the best GPS plotters! If you have an iPad, search our "HD" app, optimized for the device’s large screen.
> TRY FOR FREE: download «Boating Marine & Lakes» and get a 2-week trial of the Navionics+ subscription.
> SUBSCRIBE FOR ONE YEAR: choose your favorite areas among our worldwide database and get the Navionics+ subscription. Tap Menu > Charts > Add Region. Chart layers will reside on your device even after expiration.
Get the most out of your time on the water: plan routes for your next coastal cruising adventure, improve your depth awareness to find the best fishing spots with our contour maps, sail with confidence knowing you have a variety of helpful features at your fingertips!
> DOWNLOAD OF CHART LAYERS FOR OFFLINE USE
- NAUTICAL CHART: The essential cartographic reference based on Hydrographic Office data, Notices to Mariners, new publications, our own surveys, and reports from users. Nautical Chart provides port plans, safety depth contours, marine services info, tides & currents, navigation aids and more.
- SONARCHART™: The 1 ft/0.5m HD bathymetry map that reflects ever-changing conditions. Enhance it by sharing your sonar logs!
- COMMUNITY EDITS: Notices added by Boating app users (rocks, wrecks, etc.) and shared for all to benefit.
> DAILY CHART UPDATES
The most current nautical charts with more than 2,000 updates made every day!
- DOCK-TO-DOCK AUTOROUTING: Quickly and automatically, create detailed routes, even through narrow waterways and channels! POIs are automatically shown nearby your destination.
- NAVIGATION MODULE: Advanced route planning with ETA, distance to arrival, heading to waypoint, fuel consumption and more!
- ADVANCED MAP OPTIONS: Customize chart views to change overlay, highlight shallow areas, target multiple fishing ranges, and more!
- WEATHER & TIDES: Access real-time weather data, daily and hourly forecasts, and get wind, weather buoys, tides and currents overlaid on your map. Buoy data from NOAA can include wind speed, gust and direction as well as air pressure, water temperature, wave height and other relevant marine data.
- PLOTTER SYNC: Owners of compatible Raymarine, Lowrance, Simrad and B&G plotters can transfer routes and markers, update charts, and more!
- TIMELINE: View your track histories including pictures taken while tracking, POIs and panoramic images.
RENEW AT UP TO 50% OFF
After one year, you can renew your Navionics+ subscription with a discount of up to 50%. If you don’t, you can still use previously downloaded maps, along with several free features such as TRACK, ROUTE, DISTANCE, MARKERS, WIND FORECASTS, MAP OPTIONS, SYNC my DATA and GOVT CHART in US.
CREATE YOUR OWN HD MAPS
With SonarChart™ Live you can create personal 1 ft/0.5 m HD bathymetry maps that display in real time while navigating. Simply connect the Boating app wirelessly to a compatible sonar/plotter. You can also automatically share your sonar logs and help us to improve charts in your local area.
- The “Boating Marine & Lakes” app can be used on both iPhone and iPad devices. However, it is not optimized for use on iPad. We offer an “HD” version with an optimized interface for iPad.
- Updates are available with iOS 9.0 or higher devices
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
- Check the compatibility of your device at navionics.com/support/compatibility-guides
[+] Locate multiple fishing spots quickly and easily, with depth understanding at a glance! Customize your SonarChart™ map layer view with the Fishing Ranges feature! Available with an active subscription, go to Menu > Map Options.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but no privacy
I have been using the app many years and it's generally excellent.
However the latest upgrades are gimmicky and Navionics have no respect for user's privacy.
The only options for providing them your location are "never" or "always"
Other, decent apps have the option "when using the app" which is always my preference.
Why do Navionics need to know where I am at all times ??
In order to stop your GPS from running in the background, double tap your "Home" button then swipe the Navionics app preview up to force close the app. You may also choose to manually turn off your location services within the settings of your device. Currently the app is not designed to turn your GPS location services off automatically when the app is closed, however this will be forwarded as a suggestion to our Development Team for consideration with future updates of our apps. We appreciate your input as we continuously strive to improve our products.
I have paid for this app mow more times than i care to remember. I have just switched back to apple and have had to pay for it again. Just sorted the maps for my iphone and now when i go on my new ipad it says there are no purchases.
Are you trying to get me to pay per device now. This is becoming a rip off. I rely on your software as a back up for the on boat systems but am likely to change.
We are glad to inform you that the Navionics Mobile Standard apps for iPhone are also compatible with the iPad devices. You can reinstall your iPhone App on your iPad by using the same ID Apple used to purchase the app in the first place: https://tinyurl.com/y9lan54r. You will need to reinstall on your iPad exactly the same App’s title you have on the iPhone (non-HD app). However, your app will be displayed on the iPad with the same screen resolution as on the iPhone, see this tutorial article too: https://tinyurl.com/ybhzalj3. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org referencing case number #379512, if further assistance is needed. Have a great day
iPad & iPhone versions are different products, which don't sync
I tried the iPad and iPhone versions, which have good functionality. I bought a subscription from on my phone, because iPad was charging. Turns out the iPad and iPhone versions are different products and don't sync. I now have the product on my phone, when I rally wanted it on my iPad.
You can install the phone version on iPad, but looks very clunky as resolution is for phone.
Actual nautical functionality seems quite good, but very disappointed with the fact they are completely different versions isn't explained, and a subsequent lack of support.
Feel ripped off.
The Navionics Mobile Apps for navigation are available in two different versions: the standard and the HD version. The HD Mobile Apps have optimized charting & user interface for the iPad's screen size. Due to the further development required for this version of the app, it is not compatible to load onto an iPhone. If you own a standard iPhone app instead, you may install it on both your iPhone and iPad by using same iTunes account (but it won’t show full screen on iPad).
In our Online Support we explain all our products and features and you can find some tutorial articles on these topics too: https://tinyurl.com/y9jmp3f2 or/and https://tinyurl.com/y985gqjw. Search by keyword to find the needed information, or filter your search.
For further information contact us at email@example.com, referencing case 407256, so we can be in direct contact. Thank you
- Navionics S.p.A.
- 168.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- Navionics Srl a socio unico © 2017
- In-App Purchases
- UK, Ireland, Holland £32.99
- Mediterranean & Black Sea £16.99
- UK, Ireland, Holland Navionics+ £16.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.